So since rumors are going around that RIM will be announcing BB movies store with OS2 anouncement, just wondering if any of you will be interested in this service. Considering Google has recently launch a similar service on YouTube and works fine on the Playbook, I don't see how this would make it any different unless BB Movies will have more content. Personally I don't think I'll be interested since I'm a fan of subscription based services like Netflix, I don't want to be renting movies and also the fact that they're already offered online free and able to watch them on my Playbook thanks to Flash. Just curious, will any of you be interested if BB Movies will be pay per use/purchase?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 10-17-11 at 01:48 PM.
    10-17-11 01:43 PM
    If they have good content, come out with the Cyclone, and it is reasonably priced I could be very tempted to dump Netflix and give it a shot.
    10-17-11 01:46 PM
    I think its a good addition. We need more native content anyway, and the overall mix of 3rd party and natively accessible movies, music, etc will only serve the BBX platform well going forward.

So I say why not? RIM has done well with BBM Music so far, and they seem able to deliver at least a decent movie store based on what has been discussed so far (movies available at the same time as DVD releases).

+1 for RIM
    10-17-11 01:52 PM
    I wanted a way to download movies onto the playbook and this looks like my answer. Hopefully they give us a couple free movies to start off with!

greeneriko likes this.
    10-17-11 01:53 PM
    I'd love to be able to use BB movies. It would be a great addition to the PB.
    10-17-11 01:56 PM
    I wanted a way to download movies onto the playbook and this looks like my answer. Hopefully they give us a couple free movies to start off with!
    +1. I'd love an integrated offering by RIM so I know it'll be compatible with the PlayBook and hopefully easy to use. Will look forward to checking it out, for sure.
    10-17-11 01:56 PM
    I'd definitely love BB Movies for my Playbook...as long as it's pay-per-download/purchase/rental (doesn't require me to pay a monthly fee), doesn't restrict me to two movies and doesn't require that I "trade" movies with BBM friends to get access to new ones...
    10-17-11 02:02 PM
    absolutely i will be a bb movie user! you guys must have a different netflix in the US than we have in canada. I havent been much impressed with netflix. my only use for it is for the kids. its funny to see them discover the older action movies.

im very much looking forward to having hd movies and tv easily available to my device. i am happy to pay for it too.
    10-17-11 02:14 PM
    I'd definitely love BB Movies for my Playbook...as long as it's pay-per-download/purchase/rental (doesn't require me to pay a monthly fee), doesn't restrict me to two movies and doesn't require that I "trade" movies with BBM friends to get access to new ones...
    Lol +1 on that. But I guess if the prices are competetively priced and a good selection of movies and tv shows, it should do well. Like let's say a new release movie will cost $3.99 to rent and older movies $2.99. And 1.99 per episode for TV shows and 7.99 for the whole season. I wouldn't mind paying those prices at all. And also considering I can also watch them on my big screen through HDMI, I'd say it would be worth it.

10-17-11 02:18 PM
    I would use it... if it works.
    10-17-11 02:22 PM
    Lol +1 on that. But I guess if the prices are competetively priced and a good selection of movies and tv shows, it should do well. Like let's say a new release movie will cost $3.99 to rent and older movies $2.99. And 1.99 per episode for TV shows and 7.99 for the whole season. I wouldn't mind paying those prices at all. And also considering I can also watch them on my big screen through HDMI, I'd say it would be worth it.

I'm with you on this one. It would be great to download a whole season of my favorite shows so I could watch them at my convenience rather than try to watch them "on demand" before the time expires. And at that price it sure beats buying the dvd set at Target!
    10-17-11 03:14 PM
    Offering new pb costumers a couple of free movies would sure be a great incentive to boost sales. I'm pretty sure though the service would be North America only for at least many months to come. unfortunately.
    10-17-11 03:33 PM
    if the could make it all social like bbm music id love it. pay what 10 buck for like 10 movies for youself then have access to all the movies ur friends bave ridlnkulus but even a basic service would be just lovely
    10-17-11 04:45 PM
    I would use it
    10-17-11 07:13 PM
    I'd use it if they came out with the BB TV (remember those rumors?). Otherwise i don't really watch videos on the PB.
    WIdo likes this.
    10-17-11 08:16 PM
    I personally would like a monthly fee service like Netflix. I am in the habit now of using Redbox and then downloading the movies onto my Playbook. Paying $4 for a rental that I'll not be able to see again unless I buy it, isn't appealing to me....I could do that with Youtube now if I wasn't such a cheapskate.
    10-17-11 09:41 PM
    I'd use it if they came out with the BB TV (remember those rumors?). Otherwise i don't really watch videos on the PB.
    But you could hook up your PlayBook via HDMI and watch it on your TV. Even better, if the BB phones get the ability to control the PlayBook via the touch screen, keyboard, and trackpad, your phone would become a remote. That'd be sweet.
    10-17-11 09:49 PM
    But you could hook up your PlayBook via HDMI and watch it on your TV. Even better, if the BB phones get the ability to control the PlayBook via the touch screen, keyboard, and trackpad, your phone would become a remote. That'd be sweet.
    That's exactly what I was think too. I must say the HDMI feature is awesome on the PB and thank god its not 4:3 like the iPad. And if BB Movies offers HD streaming which I think it will, that would be perfect

Last edited by luqman24; 10-17-11 at 10:43 PM.
    10-17-11 10:40 PM
    I personally would like a monthly fee service like Netflix. I am in the habit now of using Redbox and then downloading the movies onto my Playbook. Paying $4 for a rental that I'll not be able to see again unless I buy it, isn't appealing to me....I could do that with Youtube now if I wasn't such a cheapskate.
    +1, that's why I prefer unlimited streaming for a fixed monthly price over pay per use

jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-18-11 07:18 AM
    I wonder if they will have "Soylent Green"?

10-18-11 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD