I recently purchased a bb Mini Keyboard. After using it for a while I noticed that i was no longer having the autocorrect suggestions pop up any more. It will have a red highlight underneath the incorrect word, when you click on the word nothing happens or pops up. It will tell you that you have spelled it wrong but you cant fix it. The same results happened in doc to go. After playing around with it, i found the only temp fix is to swipe up from the corner, to bring the visual keyboard up and tapping on the screen where the word is, then it will have the autocorrect there. I really hope this is a bug that RIM is planning on fixing with the next os update.

Also with spell check alot of the time, the only option is just to add it to the ignore list and doesnt actually give you the correct spelling.

Anybody else find similar problems?
    Last edited by dave_2611; 04-03-12 at 11:58 PM.
    04-03-12 11:56 PM
    It's not a bug or problem...auto-correct is a feature built for touchscreen keyboards because of the high chance of errors occurring while typing. It's not considered necessary when typing on a hardware keyboard as people are generally a lot more accurate on them. Bear in mind there's no auto-correct for the keyboard on attached on your PC. The PlayBook is acting no different than your PC when underlining typos in red.
    Last edited by Blackberry Guy; 04-04-12 at 12:28 AM.
    04-04-12 12:25 AM
    Maybe i should repharse the problem. I am not talking about predictive or guessing the words as i type it. I am talking about after you finish writing your words and it gives you the red highlighted incorrect words, the only option you have available (with the blackberry mini keyboard connected) is to delete the word and try again . Which makes editing spelling mistakes on my documents that are 3+ pages even longer and more time consuming.There is no spell checker or way to fix mispelled words. If i was using a computer i could right click on the red highlighted mis-spelled word and it would give me options of the correct word or words that are close to it. (Back on the playbook) But when i dont have the keyboard enabled, i am able to click on the incorrect word and fix the spelling. Do you understand what I mean?
    Last edited by dave_2611; 04-04-12 at 01:00 AM.
    04-04-12 12:58 AM
    I noticed the same and agree this is a little crazy....

Do you also find that after a while of typing the keyboard stops working for like 30 seconds and then starts again??
    04-04-12 07:23 AM
    I don't have that keyboard but my bbphone which has a keyboard does provide spelling corrections. One should expect the same on the pb even if there is a bt keyboard attached.
    04-04-12 09:13 AM
    Edit: read the rest of your post....

I find the virtual keyboard autocorrect is a faster way of correcting, you have to select the word correction anyway, and it's faster to touch the screen for the correction than to use the slow trackpad scroll of the BB keyboard...
    Last edited by vorpalz; 04-04-12 at 09:35 AM.
    04-04-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD