Was just wondering, since the Playbook will be closely bonded with Blackberry phones, would it be possible to use the QWERTY keyboard on the BB Phone as an input device for the Playbook?
    If they manage that and add Word, Excel capabilities to the Playbook, they will undoubtedly have a killer business Tablet which would eliminate the need for carrying an additional keyboard, like the ipad folks are encouraged to do.
    Is there anyway to suggest this to RIM?
    10-26-10 03:36 AM
    thats a fantastic idea and i wouldnt be surprised if RIM already had that in mind
    10-26-10 02:04 PM
    With RIM now owning DataViz (Docs To Go) and priming the PB as a Professional Tablet, you can bet that editing docs will be a major part of what they want to accomplish. I would certainly think that when "amplified" on the PB, the Keyboard on the BB would be able to be used.
    10-26-10 02:47 PM
    This sounds great but I want a keyboard simular to the iPad , too. That and Word and Excel and I would be doing great!
    10-26-10 02:49 PM
    i would LOVE to use my S2 clickliness to type into my PlayBook
    10-26-10 04:06 PM
    Sounds a bit awkward, to be honest... holding the PB in one hand and your 'berry in the other and typing...

Much as I don't get along with touchscreen keyboards, I would much prefer a decent on-screen keyboard and maybe that swipey-thing I've been seeing on various devices.
    Last edited by simsim1000; 11-14-10 at 12:59 PM.
    10-28-10 02:16 PM
    This sounds great but I want a keyboard simular to the iPad , too. That and Word and Excel and I would be doing great!
    Would like to see if playbook keypad will enable easier text messaging on smart phone. I am not a fan of the bold 9700 keypad. I spend more time correcting input errors. Would like to see regular usb external keyboard interface for report writing on playbook.
    11-14-10 07:51 AM
    Or, since it is a bluetooth device, bluetooth keyboard and mouse capable.
    11-14-10 08:33 AM
    Sounds a bit awkward, to be honest... holding the PB in one hand and your 'berry in the other and typing...
    you're not serious are you? You know that the blackberry connects to the playbook by bluetooth right? therefore u just set the playbook on a table and type away on your BB.

This is a terrific idea and i serious hope there is a way to do this
    11-14-10 01:59 PM
    Or, since it is a bluetooth device, bluetooth keyboard and mouse capable.
    my plans exactly!
    11-14-10 04:12 PM
    I would much rather see Dragon Naturally Speaking work on the Playbook and even better if it worked through a blue tooth headset.
    11-14-10 05:41 PM

Much as I don't get along with touchscreen keyboards, I would much prefer a decent on-screen keyboard and maybe that swipey-thing I've been seeing on various devices.
    i think people are missing your point, im looking forward to being sat there, bb in pocket and playbook in hand

on the note of swype, it could be good, however im not sure if it would be less suited to larger touchscreens, i mean its great on a phone because you only have to move you finger an inch or two, make that gap bigger and the benifits may well be lost
    11-14-10 06:55 PM
    you're not serious are you? You know that the blackberry connects to the playbook by bluetooth right? therefore u just set the playbook on a table and type away on your BB.
    If there were a table available, I'd just set my laptop on it and type away on a true computer.
    11-14-10 11:38 PM
    If there were a table available, I'd just set my laptop on it and type away on a true computer.
    lol i take it the Playbook is not in your futue???
    11-15-10 02:56 PM
    the keypad better work for it. and there is no reason to hold both items at the same time.
    11-17-10 02:30 AM
    OP- Great idea! I hope Rim has this in the works...that would be really cool
    11-17-10 03:41 PM
    OP- Great idea! I hope Rim has this in the works...that would be really cool
    they should. dont see how hard it could be. and this is one of the reason i want one so i think ive heard it somewhere
    11-17-10 11:01 PM
    I would buy more playbooks for my staff if the bb phone could serve as a keyboard/mouse. That is the trump card for a business user, maybe even grail like.
    09-10-11 01:27 PM
    I would buy more playbooks for my staff if the bb phone could serve as a keyboard/mouse. That is the trump card for a business user, maybe even grail like.
    With the Bluetooth-enabled BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry smartphones you would think the option to use the smartphone keyboard to enter text on the tablet would be a natural integration. Afterall, Bluetooth-enabled stand-alone keyboards can connect to the tablet, why not their own smartphones?
    09-10-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD