Hi there
    I just bought the mini keyboard for my playbook 4G/lte, which i love!
    My only real problem is the mouse, it would automatically select stuff when ever i am typing, which is pretty annoying because i would have to re select where i left of eh. Does any body have a care for this?? Im pretty sure im not touching the mouse pad because i tried with one finger!! Lol i re paired tons of times but it doesnt seem to fix the problem=(. Any help will be appreciated, if not i will tough it out until the the bb10 comes out eh hahaha.
    12-20-12 11:41 PM
    I think the mouse pointer has to be moved out of the text box or area that you are typing in. I also move it down to the lower right corner of the screen/bezel and hide it there. Also think I'm observing better mini keyboard performance after the small OS update that came today. Still early, but it has been smoother typing for me so far. The pointer can be touchy though, if you hover over a link for too long it doesn't always wait for a tap!
    12-21-12 12:11 AM
    There is supposedly an "lock out" that is suppose to disable the trackpad when you are actively typing. If that's so, it is a very short interval. You just have to be careful you don't brush the pad with a finger or the palm of your hand.

Let's see what others say.
    bbmme likes this.
    12-21-12 12:11 AM
    F2 is right, the touchpad is momentarily disabled when typing, but only for about 2 seconds, with mine at least. Try it yourself to judge the interval of the lockout. Start typing and at the same time with the other hand try moving the cursor via the touchpad. It shouldn't respond as long as you're typing. Keep moving your finger on the touchpad and stop typing and see how long it takes the cursor to start responding . There should be a delay of around 2 seconds. Make note though, if you pause too long in your typing, the touchpad will be enabled again. That being said, the OP is positive that he is not touching the touchpad anyway, so the problem described is not likely related to the touchpad. I have noticed a cursor jump myself on a couple of occasions while typing, that being that as I was typing the cursor jumped behind my typing position and proceeded to add my letter additions to previously typed lines and I'm also positive I had not made contact with the touchpad.

I'll try F2's method of tucking the cursor out of the way and see what happens.
    12-21-12 01:33 AM
    The BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard needs a software update to function in the same manner as the touchpad on a notebook computer. I keep my Logitech Bluetooth mouse handy but it is not always with me.
    12-21-12 07:48 AM
    F2 is right, the touchpad is momentarily disabled when typing, but only for about 2 seconds, with mine at least. Try it yourself to judge the interval of the lockout. Start typing and at the same time with the other hand try moving the cursor via the touchpad. It shouldn't respond as long as you're typing. Keep moving your finger on the touchpad and stop typing and see how long it takes the cursor to start responding . There should be a delay of around 2 seconds. Make note though, if you pause too long in your typing, the touchpad will be enabled again. That being said, the OP is positive that he is not touching the touchpad anyway, so the problem described is not likely related to the touchpad. I have noticed a cursor jump myself on a couple of occasions while typing, that being that as I was typing the cursor jumped behind my typing position and proceeded to add my letter additions to previously typed lines and I'm also positive I had not made contact with the touchpad.

I'll try F2's method of tucking the cursor out of the way and see what happens.
    The tucking the cursor away was not my idea. I wonder if static electricity might be the cause in some cases. While typing, brushing might create the charge and then the "lock-out" end and the charge jumps the cursor? Just a wild theory!
    12-21-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks!! I appreciate all the help! But i've concluded i will stick with the touch screen for typing and keyboard to selecting stuff lol. Pretty sad i have to admit eh, but it works haha. Thanks again.
    12-21-12 05:52 PM
    Thanks!! I appreciate all the help! But i've concluded i will stick with the touch screen for typing and keyboard to selecting stuff lol. Pretty sad i have to admit eh, but it works haha. Thanks again.
    Stick with typing on the keyboard and you'll get the hang of it. When I first got the keyboard, I had issues with the cursor moving, but after a while I got used to keeping well away from the touchpad while typing and it stopped being an issue. I would second the thought that static electricity from a near touch (rather than actual contact) could be part of the issue.
    12-21-12 10:15 PM