New here, but I think I understand what's needed for you to assist me.

Until recently (days not weeks) everything was working fine. Now I am getting the BB ID login screen, about every minute. I am just hitting cancel and it goes away. If I try to add my password, it tells me that it is incorrect (which it is not) and after a few attempts it tells me that my network is not working (which it is) I have checked out the boards (this one seems the best) and gathered some info, that I acted on.

1. Deleted Playbook Wifi profile and rebuilt.
    2. Reset my router
    3. made sure that no other BB/wifi device is on( PC sync etc.)

I can access pretty much any web-site I want. My wifi is using G and N bands, the tablet is set up to work with both (either)

The Playbook is up to date with OS etc. and I am not doing anything funky that would cause this ( I am a Security dude). Like I say, everything is working exactly as it has been since day one - no problem - with this one exception

Hopefully someone can send me a duh! moment and I can get on with life without worrying about my Playbook.

thanks
    Last edited by Badwolfdc; 05-20-12 at 11:24 PM.
    05-20-12 10:11 PM
    There's an online site you can visit with your computer browser. Check out the logon and/or data such as ID (email address) and password to make sure everything is correct.

On the pb, open Options (Gear symbol) and open BBID module and see what's up there, too.
    05-20-12 11:27 PM
    05-20-12 11:51 PM
    much appreciate the response....my bad, I did that first (as a computer guy that's second nature) should have noted that in my post. I can login on the web from multiple machines - so its not that - but thanks again for the response.
    05-20-12 11:52 PM
    When was the last time you rebooted? LOL sorry, just HAD to say that to a long time computer guy..
    Badwolfdc and sputneek like this.
    05-21-12 12:01 AM
    Good Lord I hope not!!!!!! Security Swipe etc. Are you saying that to fix this is to go back to day one and start again?
    Except for the well known usb power issue of a while back..I have not had any problems with my pb. I am a frequent visitor to BB website and log in there (tonite as well) often. The problem seems to be isolated to the pb, maybe the last update did something - don't really know - haven't seen any issues posted.

I have seen a few posts from a month back or so, with the same problem, that suggested deleting the wifi profile etc. but that hasn't worked for me. I have done some due diligence before posting (out of frustration)

appreciate the work around, but hopefully there is something less destructive and time consuming

david
    05-21-12 12:04 AM
    U Funny

humor is good
    05-21-12 12:07 AM
    A Security Wipe is different than just re-booting, but you knew that.
    05-21-12 12:17 AM
    yes I had understood that - but backing up everything and (in computer speak) reinstalling everything, seems a little excessive (maybe I am mis-understanding) Then of course there's the fact that the current login/password actually works!!! and obviously as I can just hit cancel and continue with my activities (albeit for a minute till the next pop up) tells me that the issue is software/probably OS related.
    05-21-12 12:27 AM
    New here, but I think I understand what's needed for you to assist me.

Until recently (days not weeks) everything was working fine. Now I am getting the BB ID login screen, about every minute. I am just hitting cancel and it goes away. If I try to add my password, it tells me that it is incorrect (which it is not) and after a few attempts it tells me that my network is not working (which it is) I have checked out the boards (this one seems the best) and gathered some info, that I acted on.

1. Deleted Playbook Wifi profile and rebuilt.
    2. Reset my router
    3. made sure that no other BB/wifi device is on( PC sync etc.)

I can access pretty much any web-site I want. My wifi is using G and N bands, the tablet is set up to work with both (either)

The Playbook is up to date with OS etc. and I am not doing anything funky that would cause this ( I am a Security dude). Like I say, everything is working exactly as it has been since day one - no problem - with this one exception

Hopefully someone can send me a duh! moment and I can get on with life without worrying about my Playbook.

thanks
    I'm interested to see what's suggested to fix this problem. My husband's PB started with this same pop-up issue after the OS2 update. We did a security wipe on it, but the problem persists. And, actually, my mother's PB does this too now that I think about it. Mine, on the other hand, has no issues whatsoever.
    05-21-12 06:06 AM
    I guess the most extreme fix would be to perform a debrick(turn off the PB, start DM on your PC, plug turned off PB into your PC, when you get a popup about it not being able to connect, click on the upgrade button). This will in effect wipe then reload the OS, then you'll need to start it up just like the first time you got it.

Of course you need to do a complete backup of the device then do a restore afterwards. After the restore process you should have all your apps and app data as well as videos, pictures, file structure, and settings you had before the process. In essence, after the restore you shouldn't notice any difference other then your issue being fixed.

FYI,
    This usually take a couple hours to perform with the backup and restore taking the longest, depending on the amount of data on the device. I have found that if I plug the PB into my PC and manually backup my pictures and videos(media) the backup process doesn't take quite as long.
    05-21-12 06:58 AM
    Interestingly my brothers PB keeps asking for his password now.

A friend brought me her. To sideload a few games on it and when I received it I was prompted to put in a password every couple of minutes. It was VERY annoying but stopped out of the blue, and hasn't returned.

I'd like to hear a resolution to the issue as my brother is now hounding me!
    05-21-12 07:21 AM
    I am not going to have time to work on this till Weds 23rd. I am planning to back-up and restart from square one (Homer1475 & Jafobabe) I will write a step by step - so anyone who has the same problem can use it to resolve

thank you to everyone (sorry to hear so many others are experiencing the same problem)
    05-21-12 12:02 PM
    Now I am getting the BB ID login screen ... If I try to add my password, it tells me that it is incorrect (which it is not) and after a few attempts it tells me that my network is not working (which it is) ...
    There are several passwords associated with the PlayBook (the "Security" section in the User Guide, p. 77): BBID, tablet password, file sharing password ... Have you tried all of them to see which one the PB is (mistakenly) asking for? Since the PB is confused, I don't think it would hurt to try each of them.

Does this happen when the PB is in airplane mode? I ask because the problem seems to be associated with the network.

A few other things you could try:

The "3 button" hardware reset:
    | http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-resets-689646

Change passwords.

Remove the tablet password for a while (set the "Enable Password" switch off).

Change the PB time/date (a year forward or backward?) for a short while before correcting the time/date.

Perhaps restart the PB one or more times while the PB is in airplane mode, or after changing passwords, or while the tablet password is disactivated, or while the time/date is incorrect.

(It sounds like some setting file is messed up, the goal is to get the PB to correct it or replace it.)

Good luck.
    Last edited by VerryBestr; 05-21-12 at 02:04 PM.
    05-21-12 01:57 PM
    VerryBestr, thanks for the response. All passwords are disabled on the PB.

I am trying Airplane mode now...I don't use this so it has always been off. But I will try anything right now.

3 Button twice , am doing again right now in Airplane mode on

I'll try the date/time thing after the airplane mode 3 button.

changed date

Getting there, with airplane mode on - in other words no wifi -all is ok (except network access) I have just manually connected - so far so good no BB id request.

writing this down so I remember what has been done so far.....

OK didn't work....as soon as I reboot it goes back to BB ID pop up again.

I will persevere..thanks for your suggestions (got me excited for a minute there )

Again Thank You
    05-21-12 05:53 PM
    So it's been a year now. Any joy?
    My parent's pb keeps doing this but not mine. They've never side loaded anything and they are on the latest OS version.

Thanks,
    05-17-13 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD