I really cannot believe this: just as for my Torch 9850, I got into problems with my BB ID. The RIM Twin Proconsuls have struck again ! When I migrated from S2 to 9850, I discovered by the 'ol kitten on the keys approach that RIM had unilaterally changed the definition of the BB ID.

Had been working quite a while with my 9850 and App World. Then today I got my 64gb PB and, dang, the ID is sorta like it used to be for S2. Sorta.

RIM, please get one of your heavy hitters to clean this up and have ONE BB ID for PB and handhelds or otherwise 'splain what the h_ll is going on. Oh yeah, also, please post the results on Crackberry as to what the solution is, with explicit examples for slow people like me. The guys at App World deserve your best effort here !!!!

22-jan-12 In conversation with my eldest son Paul, he explained how his iPHONE apps will work on his iPAD, for no extra
    charge. Also: if he buys more iPADS, his software apps can be used on these new ones at no cost to him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-22-12 at 08:33 PM. Reason: new info
    12-30-11 07:19 PM
    I use one BBID for my 9900 and my 64gb and one BBID for my 9810 and my 32gb.

What exactly is your issue.. saying its like a storm 2 doesnt help.
    12-30-11 07:35 PM
    Read here...

KB26694-How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (KB26694-How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet or BlackBerry Smartphone using BlackBerry Device Software 7) 0 1353742747
    12-30-11 07:35 PM
    I use one BBID for my 9900 and my 64gb and one BBID for my 9810 and my 32

Same here, only annoying thing I find, when logged into AW on the handheld, it shows you your PB apps also.
    12-30-11 07:43 PM
    Same here, only annoying thing I find, when logged into AW on the handheld, it shows you your PB apps also.
    ahhh ok... i never look at my uninstalled apps, so not an issue here.
    12-30-11 07:46 PM
    I think the one ID concept might have been a good idea until it came time to implement it!!! Two very different devices, no overlap of apps due to different OS's.

I guess they may make use of this system if they ever get native email straightened out. But maybe they should have stuck with the PIN and had a way of linking two/three/etc PINs to one account rather than muddy the waters with this unified BBID.
    12-30-11 08:25 PM
    So, its my various devices' IDs. Fine. Just like in the old days
    of Windows, change one chip and you need to check in with
    Bill for his approval.

OK. So why didn't RIM just put these IDs on each device ?
    Shoot, put it on every chip in every device.

Just venting. Main reason I am upset: couldn't load Angry Birds
    on my brand new PB for my grand children. Got some 44 whatever
    error. I'll fumble through it. How come App World knew who I am
    and what my cash card ended with ?

Why can't RIM just SAY what the BBID is and what its really for
    and everybody can just get on with things ?

Doc Neutron
    12-31-11 02:24 PM
    I agree with the earlier posters: I use the same BBID on my Torch, my PB and in AppWorld. Hasn't been a problem at all for me.

I take it when you say "kittens" you mean you made a typo when entering the username or password? If so, up above a few posts, JafoBabe posted the process for setting up a new BBID on a PB.
    12-31-11 02:42 PM
    I agree with the earlier posters: I use the same BBID on my Torch, my PB and in AppWorld. Hasn't been a problem at all for me.

I take it when you say "kittens" you mean you made a typo when entering the username or password? If so, up above a few posts, JafoBabe posted the process for setting up a new BBID on a PB.
    Not at all. When I entered my 9850 BB ID while setting up my PB (no longer an option for either), it would not take it, like about five times. Frustrated, I entered my email address as my user name and voila, it took it. Except: can't buy Angry Birds for my PB. Haven't tried other apps as yet.

I was an early adaptor of BBID and got into real problems setting up my 9850 where it is again mandatory now. RIM unilaterally changed its definition in going to OS7. The guys at a VZN store contacted a RIM guru and got things straightened out for me without a reset. My 9850 and my PB currently have different BBIDs and I am not happy.

Can't be that you live in (ahem) Canada and get some kind of dispensation, right ?

Doc Neutron

PS

Still have two BBIDs, one for my 9850 and another for my PB.

But now I can buy apps for my PB, having re-entered my
    credit card info.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-22-12 at 08:33 PM. Reason: new info
    12-31-11 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD