Why cant people see this?

I recently mentioned in a thread how my mom and step d were impressed with the PB. My mom instead of saying hey i think i will go cop one. She replies with, "if only apple can come out with a smaller tab." in my head i was like %^&$ apple. lol

but instead i was like seriously mom, what do you need a 7in Ipod for lol.

(in my head) You want to pay $500+ on a 7in apple tablet and wait for them to patent Flash so you can have real web browsing. otherwise you will just have web browsing lamer then dial up. (sarcasm)

SMH whatever let her follow her Icult. no biggie.

BUT THEN OMG! If we werent in church when she said this.....

I'm thinking of getting the kindle fire. I told Miguel (her hubby) to by it for me for our anniversary.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Are people that against Blackberry, that for the same price that i got my PB she would rather get a kindle. SERIOUSLY! You lucky we in the Lord's house woman! lol...

I had to pray to God for patience. lol
    spike12, Toodeurep, hpjrt and 2 others like this.
    01-05-12 10:09 PM
    I'm with you. ipod, iphone, ipad are all the same other than a screen size.

I have an ipod and at the same price or a bit higher i would and have gotten a pb (in a heartbeat)

My friends kept on "telling" me to get apple but i didn't give in ...

I am proud to own bb products and the reason why I'm on crackberry..
    Delirious D and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    01-05-12 10:26 PM
    I'm speechless. I have ipad2, fire, and playbook and I'm sitting at home typing this on my playbook. I also take my Playbook to work every day while my iPad stays home and the fire is used by the kids. True story, Playbook is incredible.
    01-05-12 10:29 PM
    I'm with you. ipod, iphone, ipad are all the same other than a screen size.
    i sent a picture of my awesome new hair cut to just about everyone in my celly. Tell me why all the iphone users somehow ended up texting each other. they dont even know each other. so i sent (hypothetically) tom......harry... and sue a forward of my haircut. tom and harry reply to that pic. BUT the reply didnt come to me. they went to each other. sue and i are fine but tom and harry have iphones.
    01-05-12 10:38 PM
    And no i-people have found this thread yet and beat you to smithereens for this sacrilege? Did you use an invisibilty cloak? What's your secret?
    Delirious D and hpjrt like this.
    01-06-12 01:59 AM
    And no i-people have found this thread yet and beat you to smithereens for this sacrilege? Did you use an invisibilty cloak? What's your secret?
    haha guess not. lets see how long that takes.
    01-06-12 07:59 AM
    Apple has the app advantage and their OS is "pretty". Its simple and appealing because of its simplicity. It is not nearly as robust (in its unaltered form) as MANY other OS's out there, but then again the average consumer doesnt know half of what their microwave can do, let alone a portable computer.
    Delirious D, Dapper37 and mike4444 like this.
    01-06-12 08:02 AM
    I think the ifans are starting to see, its an uphill battle. They were never here for a real fight!! Only one proped up by media BS. The truth has a way... to set you free.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-06-12 08:11 AM
    I have said it many times on this forum. Apple has the single best marketing machine of all time, well second. First being Hitler (no discussion on that topic needed but - dark haired, dark eye jew who proposed a blonde hair blue eyed non jewish society. I mean serious that took alot of marketing). They can give you a product that doesnt do anything you need it to, make it look good (and again back to the "pretty" comment), and make you believe you HAVE to have it in order to live.
    Dapper37 and Delirious D like this.
    01-06-12 08:15 AM
    I have said it many times on this forum. Apple has the single best marketing machine of all time, well second. First being Hitler (no discussion on that topic needed but - dark haired, dark eye jew who proposed a blonde hair blue eyed non jewish society. I mean serious that took alot of marketing). They can give you a product that doesnt do anything you need it to, make it look good (and again back to the "pretty" comment), and make you believe you HAVE to have it in order to live.
    I think it was as much the American culture as it was apple that created this.

But back on topic.

BB is great and the PB is awesome....

Yes....Yes they are.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-06-12 08:21 AM
    BB is great/PlayBook is awesome!.... Perspective is a commodity thats sold every day...
    Last edited by Dapper37; 01-06-12 at 08:31 AM.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-06-12 08:26 AM
    I think it was as much the American culture as it was apple that created this.

But back on topic.

BB is great and the PB is awesome....

Yes....Yes they are.
    I would tend to agree if it were not widespread throughout more than just this country. There was an article posted that some people in China are paying a YEAR's salary to purchase an iPhone.

RIM needs 1/10th of that marketing ability and they would be in very good straits with their products. Unfortunately their marketing amounts to (effectively) less than 1% of Apple's (I am just making up figures here).
    01-06-12 08:29 AM
    PB IS AWSOME AND MY BB FAR SUPERIOUR THAN OTHER PHONES. (beside the camera)
    i have all the time . it does everything i need it to do and more.
    pb is still very young device unlike the ipad. imagine in 2 years the
    new pb would be like our phone.
    long live rim!
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-06-12 10:57 AM
    First off let me thank you guys. my thread got 5 stars too cool. i feel like a celeb.

I do wish BB would market alot more. Their website is set up very graphically they should spend more money on commercials and catchy slogans. People are stupid they will eat anything that is spoon fed to them (ahem ahem apple)

Personally i think tmo sucks but their commercials with the pink dress chick sells. people eat it up.

the Android alien hes a-freaken-dorable even crochet one for my daughter. that stuff sells..

come on bb!!!!!!!!! hoar yourself out there. aint no shame... lol
    01-06-12 11:18 AM
    Didn't Steve Jobs dismiss the 7" tablet completely and also called in to a RIM investor call to publicly ridicule it and PB? Given that, it will be interesting to see what the CEO of Apple does with the ipad. Does he dare go back against Jobs' words after his passing?

IMO, the PB device size is perfect. An update to a PB2 that could enhance it might just be to increase the screen size a bit. It looks like the screen edge could be widened by a 1/4 inch all the way around.
    01-06-12 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD