Does it affect wifi I seem to have lost my signal?

Posted via CB10
    Hello? Can you hear me?!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 10:52 AM
    Hello? Can you hear me?!!!
    No need to shout! I'm having to use my phone but who are Telstra?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:54 AM
    No need to shout! I'm having to use my phone but who are Telstra?

Posted via CB10
    Not good! We are not on the phone and you are hearing voices....not good.....
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    06-09-13 11:00 AM
    Does it affect wifi I seem to have lost my signal?

Posted via CB10
    I think you have lost more than your signal.
    06-09-13 11:27 AM
    I think you have lost more than your signal.
    So much for the helpful forum then. I can hear a thumping sound above me, I must be nearly out.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:07 PM
    So much for the helpful forum then. I can hear a thumping sound above me, I must be nearly out.

Posted via CB10
    That's me. Packing the soil more firmly above you. If you won't hike, we'll keep you shoveling for more exercise.
    06-09-13 01:27 PM
    That's me. Packing the soil more firmly above you. If you won't hike, we'll keep you shoveling for more exercise.
    Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.....too soon? Sorry.....
    06-09-13 01:37 PM
    Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.....too soon? Sorry.....
    Oh cat, cat you have to go down my hole. If F2 let's me out I promise you can use my hole anytime you want to. When the dust settled and I popped my head out I was greeted by glorious sunshine. I love warm so getting ready to climb out I looked around and there it was. The biggest mouse I have ever seen in my life. Honest it must have been six foot tall and had beautiful brown eyes. We stared at each other for quite a while but then he/she made a gesture similar to someone reaching for a gun and I thought it might just be time to return and please with F2 for the return of my key. You would have loved it because you are a mafia cat and could easily take on that six foot mouse.

(oh forgot to mention, there were about thirty of them)
    06-09-13 02:26 PM
    Oh cat, cat you have to go down my hole. If F2 let's me out I promise you can use my hole anytime you want to. When the dust settled and I popped my head out I was greeted by glorious sunshine. I love warm so getting ready to climb out I looked around and there it was. The biggest mouse I have ever seen in my life. Honest it must have been six foot tall and had beautiful brown eyes. We stared at each other for quite a while but then he/she made a gesture similar to someone reaching for a gun and I thought it might just be time to return and please with F2 for the return of my key. You would have loved it because you are a mafia cat and could easily take on that six foot mouse.

(oh forgot to mention, there were about thirty of them)
    Oh you silly goat, those are wallabies. They might enjoy gooseberries. Me not so much. I'm not going near your hole. Perhaps you can invite the Angus dog or the crumbsnatcher .
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    06-09-13 02:43 PM
    Oh you silly goat, those are wallabies. They might enjoy gooseberries. Me not so much. I'm not going near your hole. Perhaps you can invite the Angus dog or the crumbsnatcher .
    No it's not a wallaby honest it's a six foot mouse...... Oh please please don't tell me that you are the only existing vegetarian cat on the planet! Just my luck I get stuck with an intellectual, opinionated, alcohol loving, vegetarian cat that frightened of mice.

"FOR GET THE KEY F2" I'll stay in the cellar. It's not worth coming out.
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-09-13 03:14 PM
    No it's not a wallaby honest it's a six foot mouse...... Oh please please don't tell me that you are the only existing vegetarian cat on the planet! Just my luck I get stuck with an intellectual, opinionated, alcohol loving, vegetarian cat that frightened of mice.

"FOR GET THE KEY F2" I'll stay in the cellar. It's not worth coming out.
    Excuse me. Was there something I was to forget? I forgot!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-09-13 03:52 PM
    It's all pointless, simply pointless. All alone stuck down a hole with a locked door at one end and an angry six foot mouse at the other. Defending me from all, this peril and life threatening danger is a man who started it all by locking me in my cellar and what has to be the only vegetarian cat in the universe that's also frightened of mice!
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-09-13 04:10 PM
    It's all pointless, simply pointless. All alone stuck down a hole with a locked door at one end and an angry six foot mouse at the other. Defending me from all, this peril and life threatening danger is a man who started it all by locking me in my cellar and what has to be the only vegetarian cat in the universe that's also frightened of mice!
    Get that Angus dog or Barracuda . They seem fearless.
    06-09-13 05:16 PM
    Are you sure that is not a kangaroo? Perhaps you have been in the cellar too long you silly sod. Time to resume the digging. You may find one of them E jip chens that the furball likes to have worship him. No wonder they didn't make it.

And for the record, I'm still discovering my own orfices I am not the least bit interested in anyone elses.

Oh look a rasin.........
    06-09-13 06:06 PM
    It's all pointless, simply pointless. All alone stuck down a hole with a locked door at one end and an angry six foot mouse at the other. ...
    Don't ask how I know this but... mice don't like it when you sniff around their hole.
    Try it. They usually run away.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 06:23 AM
    Don't ask how I know this but... mice don't like it when you sniff around their hole.
    Try it. They usually run away.
    Now just for the record let me see if I've got this advice correct.

On one hand I have a cat telling me to get a fish to attack a six foot mouse!
    On the other hand I have a dog telling me to sniff the six foot mouses hole!

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.... Yes.. I thought so, in that case I am mad then.... Well in my considered opinion you cannot be classified as rationally normal.... Thank you for confirming that and so tell me how come whenever I go near that pb forum other people make me feel normal.... Well that's part of your delusional wish to be normal...... But I don't want to be normal I don't like normal people..... I'm normal..... Mmmmmmmm I thought you were a cat?......
    Ok take him away.........

"what about the six foot mouse I saw??????????? I tell you I saw it!!!!!!!!
    06-10-13 07:28 AM
    F2, seriously if this wasn't a reply to YOUR post I wouldn't be making itbecause I've had enough of this interfering bureaucratic interference from small minded people,especially those that are given a little bit of power and fail to switch their brain on before they use it. They use their power simply because "they can do" and you have no idea how annoyed I am at the moment.

In response to your post, please please try Link! It is drag and drop. It is like using explorer only more graphical. It is smooth in operation, always connects and you can have multiple devices registered to it. It also creates its own set of folders in windows for each device that is registered so you don't sync something to your pb that you only want on your phone. It also only syncs what you tell it to sync, 1 file, 100 files (it has a limit of 500 files) instead of the old DTM that syncing everything in the selected directory. It's not like me to rave about anything that bb (or moderators) do these days and you know that but IMHO this is the best thing that's happened to my pb in over 12 months!

If you try it please let me know your views as they are important to me but I will not reply.
    SOM,

Does Link now do two way sync of contacts and calendar with Z10 and PB, or Z10 only?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 03:45 PM
    SOM,

Does Link now do two way sync of contacts and calendar with Z10 and PB, or Z10 only?
    Both of them in my case. Each device registered with Link is a separate entity with its own sync settings. eg you can have the Z10 set to sync music with itunes and the pb set to sync with windows media centre. They have their own individual sync folders so that you are not constantly duplicating data between multiple devices.
    06-10-13 03:59 PM
    Mmmm... cat.
    Someone cooking cat? I'm hungry!

From Zed to U via CB10
    Angus_CB and sad_old_man like this.
    06-10-13 05:27 PM
    Someone cooking cat? I'm hungry!

From Zed to U via CB10
    Cooked cat, no... I like mine sushi style.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 06:54 PM
    Does Link make USB transfers faster? I hate using the PB over USB because it's not much faster than Wi-fi file sharing, as in dead freaking slow! I've given up on Desktop Manager because of that.

BBRY couldn't come up with a proper USB protocol so they hacked a network connection over USB instead. That could be why it's so slow.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-10-13 09:22 PM
    Does Link make USB transfers faster? I hate using the PB over USB because it's not much faster than Wi-fi file sharing, as in dead freaking slow! I've given up on Desktop Manager because of that.

BBRY couldn't come up with a proper USB protocol so they hacked a network connection over USB instead. That could be why it's so slow.
    I'm far from convinced your reasoning over why they did what they did.

I don't think it's because they could do anything differently, I think they chose to do things this way - I could hypothesise why, but that would be mere guesswork.

All the same, I notice significantly quicker speeds when connecting my PlayBooks using USB, than one, or both, using WiFi and transferring stuff inbetween them that way.
    06-11-13 04:13 AM
    I still use drop/drag and do it using wifi sharing including moving megabytes of video files. Generally, I don't stress the time it takes. I initiate it on the pc to the pb and carry the wire-less pb downstairs, hook it up to the tv and watch what already resides while the background transfer continues. Generally, the few times I've used the usb was after a wipe (twice over the years) and was moving 10's of gigabytes back.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-11-13 08:49 AM

Can't answer that because I don't use the usb connection with link. I use its wifi transfer settings. Just the same but as you quite rightly say it's faster. That was actually what amazed me about the software. Who ever coded DTM must have closely resembled a dyslexic frog it was awful and its usb drivers seemed to have a mind of their own, "mmmmmmmm let me think, do I want to connect today, er no just throw him an afternoon message and he'll give up and go away?"

As long as I have link running on my pc I have wifi access to all the folders, files that I have authorised Link to access even when I'm not at home.
    06-11-13 10:01 AM
    Can't answer that because I don't use the usb connection with link. I use its wifi transfer settings. Just the same but as you quite rightly say it's faster. That was actually what amazed me about the software. Who ever coded DTM must have closely resembled a dyslexic frog it was awful and its usb drivers seemed to have a mind of their own, "mmmmmmmm let me think, do I want to connect today, er no just throw him an afternoon message and he'll give up and go away?"

As long as I have link running on my pc I have wifi access to all the folders, files that I have authorised Link to access even when I'm not at home.
    That's RFA for your Z10 / BB10 handset(s) though, isn't it, not for the PlayBook?
    06-11-13 10:16 AM
102 ... 2345