well i have read a lot of threads here with people asking how to get sms in the playbook. the phone remote app works but only on wifi and i hear it a bit slow. well say a men brothers and sisters, SMS bridge in the phone app world has come to answer your prayers. simply install on your BB phone, use BB bridge to connect to your playbook and boom baby, sms on your amazing playbook.

check it out and your life can be as complete as mine

i know it has been mentioned in a few threads but i have seen a lot of people asking so i felt this new thread was deserved. be cool all.

this is what got me to switch from iOS devices. lovin my playbook.
    Serkle K, hpjrt, spike12 and 7 others like this.
    12-10-11 10:41 PM
    A big thank you from your neighbor to the south.
    12-10-11 10:49 PM
    @Chaddface. it would seem we are both going hard on the forum tonight. funny, gotta love this place.

hope u like it. be cool. what thread should we attack next? lol.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-10-11 10:53 PM
    problem is you can not start a text. however it does work great
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:39 PM
    i can only dream of a seperate app (like text messaging ob a bb) on the pb. with the ability to compose.
    12-11-11 12:48 AM
    I don't know about Ver 1, but in OS 2 I was able to load Free SMS as an Android app.
    12-11-11 12:58 AM
    yes u can. when u start the app scroll down and click add @bb.sms. then when u want to send use that number. or just add @bb.sms to the number. be cool.
    hpjrt likes this.
    12-11-11 12:59 AM
    I don't know about Ver 1, but in OS 2 I was able to load Free SMS as an Android app.
    i did that too, but this way u get them from ur same phone number, no fumbling for multi devices. be cool.
    12-11-11 01:00 AM
    i can only dream of a seperate app (like text messaging ob a bb) on the pb. with the ability to compose.
    just add @bb.sms to the number when composing. all good. also read above to add that to all addresses in your book at once.
    12-11-11 01:02 AM
    yea it is asking 4$ and im not liking what im reading in the reviews thanls for the post but i think im gonna pass on this. maybe os2 will bring something a little more practical then this...i hope.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 02:34 AM
    I love sms bridge on the PlayBook, it may not be as good as a dedicated sms app, but I'm not complaining one bit. I use imessage on the iPad2 (wifi version), and it's also great but you need a wifi connection. I'm not sure how it works with the 3g version of the ipad, but if you go with that setup you need to pay extra data for that. With my Bold 9900 bridged with my PlayBook, I can text anywhere with no extra data charges.

mokeiko
    12-11-11 03:05 AM
    just downloaded this and got it working. thankyou very much for this its working great so far.
    12-11-11 05:38 AM
    Does this work for 8330 OS5?
    12-11-11 12:53 PM
    From your phone, go to App World and do a search for the App you want.

If it is available for your particular phone, it will allow you to download it. Also read the summary in the App for more information.

Hope this helps!
    12-11-11 01:21 PM
    Doesn't look like it works with OS 5
    Bob Dunn likes this.
    12-12-11 01:12 AM
    How well does this app work with the new Bold (just got a newer BB at Christmas and a PB in November 2011) . I have fringe cell reception where I live but have great wireless and have my own network in my house which works great for BBM and other net based stuff like surfing.

Inquiring minds want to know, as not all my friends have BBM..I know...they are not enlightened yet.

Dino
    01-05-12 11:00 AM
    Oh my, I'm in blissfull heaven when I read these 5 star threads....
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 11:04 AM
    does this actually work well as i cant beleive they are charging �4 for it as seems abit high
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 11:17 AM
    I love the concept but it does seem a bit pricey at $3.99. But its the only way to get it done so I may have to bite the bullet. Instant buy at $0.99 or maybe even $1.99.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-05-12 11:31 AM
    It they are in your contact book you can. You can also just ad the prefix they use to a cell phone number.

I have used this app for sometime, while not as nice as a native function it does get the job done and done well.

Tim
    01-05-12 12:08 PM
    does this actually work well as i cant beleive they are charging �4 for it as seems abit high
    Yes it work if you understand it.

And the price is probably less than you spent on lunch.

Tim
    CanadianThomas and Chaddface like this.
    01-05-12 12:09 PM
    Does it show up in your BB App World? Hmmm?

Tim
    01-05-12 12:10 PM
    Gonna try this out later today.
    01-06-12 11:18 AM
    I just paid for and installed this. I happened to be in the midst of texting my daughter-in-law ... and it works a treat!

I didn't think that $3.99 is too high. Even if I replace it next month ... I'll still have had my money's worth. Given that my son and daughter-in-law both have iPhones, this is the easiest way to communicate with them short of actually calling them.

Thanks CanadianThomas ...
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-06-12 11:52 AM
    I also paid for it & downloaded it. I had to restart (read: battery pull) my Torch 9800 3 times before the reply feature would work. But it finally did and now is working quite nicely. Unfortunately, for some reason, each day since I installed it, it has "resent" to me 50 of the oldest text messages in my Torch's text message inbox. The same messages, 4 days in a row, now. And yes I installed the "sms bridge" update, batt. pull etc... And yes I did report the bug and the guy replied to say he doesn't know why it is doing this.
    01-06-12 02:02 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD