Today my phone was out of range, so BB Bridge messages wouldn't load. However, now when it is in range, it still won't launch. It starts then goes to black then tries again, then goes to black and just repeats. I've restarted, turned on and off, reinstalled BB Bridge on my phone, unpaired and repaired and it still won't launch.

Help, please!
    06-24-12 03:59 PM
    How much battery life do have left on the Playbook? It should not be lower than 20%, for the PB to run properly. If low, plug it in to the charger until at least 30%.

If you do have enough battery power, and doing the power off and on that did not help as you stated, try the 'Three Finger Reboot' ...

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown...Starting with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 06-24-12 at 05:12 PM.
    06-24-12 05:04 PM
    Thanks - I may have been below 20% at the time, so will try your suggestion and follow up with the 'Three Finger Reboot'!
    06-25-12 03:22 AM
    Unfortunately this hasn'tdone the trick
    Got over 50% power, so tried the reboot, but the problem persists. Is there a way to reinstall Bridge on the Playbook? It is still picking up the number of messages on the phone, just won't open up. Calendar, BBM and Contacts all still work...
    Last edited by Cushie72; 06-25-12 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Adding more info
    06-25-12 03:33 PM
    Today my phone was out of range, so BB Bridge messages wouldn't load. However, now when it is in range, it still won't launch. It starts then goes to black then tries again, then goes to black and just repeats. I've restarted, turned on and off, reinstalled BB Bridge on my phone, unpaired and repaired and it still won't launch.

Help, please!
    I have the exact same issue. It started happening several weeks ago (not sure if it coincided with the last bridge update or not). I've tried hard resets as well as removing the bridge profile and re-adding but no luck so far. Only thing I haven't tried is an OS wipe.
    06-25-12 04:51 PM
    Depending on what you did to reboot/restart, check if you tried all 3.

You might check to see if there is any oddball email that might be hanging the process?

You can also remove Bridge from the phone and try loading it again.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    06-25-12 07:09 PM
    Tried every combination of reboot now. Uninstalled Bridge on phone and reinstalled. Deleted the device on each one and paired them again and still no joy.

Not sure what an OS wipe involves, but would prefer to avoid if possible! If not can someone advise how to go about it?

Is there no way to reinstall the Bridge software on the PB?
    06-27-12 02:58 AM
    Just throwing out possible issues?

How many messages are on your phone? Can you back up all of those messages and remove them from the phone? Then create one message and see if it works?

What phone?

Since the rest of Bridge works, I don't see it being bridge but ....

You can either do a Security Wipe (Options/Gear, Security, Security Wipe). Or Debrick:

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    Last edited by F2; 06-27-12 at 08:10 AM.
    06-27-12 08:07 AM
    This is a known problem with Bridge Messages and has *still* not been fixed.. There is a workaround: open the browser to localhost:187 and select Messages, and you'll be able to log in and see your messages..

No fix other than to wipe the device and reload, and you still run the risk that this will happen again.. If you have a recent backup from *before* this problem occurred, you can restore that one, otherwise it's load from scratch..
    Cushie72 and sid_kid like this.
    06-27-12 10:52 AM
    I just got this problem again yesterday while running the developer's beta. Not happy to see this is still not fixed.
    06-28-12 10:25 AM
    This is a known problem with Bridge Messages and has *still* not been fixed.. There is a workaround: open the browser to localhost:187 and select Messages, and you'll be able to log in and see your messages..

No fix other than to wipe the device and reload, and you still run the risk that this will happen again.. If you have a recent backup from *before* this problem occurred, you can restore that one, otherwise it's load from scratch..
    Thanks for this. As you say, not ideal, but it works and it serves my purpose. Hope it is resolved in the next update...
    06-28-12 03:55 PM
    Somewhat unbelievably the same issue is now happening in the localhost solution. Looks like I' m going to have to wipe, unless anyone has any other solutions?!?
    07-06-12 02:46 AM
    There is a workaround: open the browser to localhost:187 and select Messages, and you'll be able to log in and see your messages.
    This is a cool little trick I have never heard of before...my bridge works just fine but I will definitely file this away for future reference...
    07-06-12 10:43 PM
    This anomaly has been around since os 1. You can catch up here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...lessly-650688/

Sometimes an os upgrade will fix it temporarily but it always seems to come back. RIM will hardly acknowledge the problem and will only offer a "wipe to fix" solution. Now having said that, and I hope I don't jinx myself, the 2.1 beta is holding strong so far! I did do a wipe and 2 installs to get everything working, but so far so good with all of the pb's previous problems! After 18 months, we're finally getting there!
    07-07-12 08:44 PM

Help, please!
    I've had the same problem since loading the 2.1 beta. See my post here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1-beta-730098/ #8
    work around is load the browser and go to http://localhost:187/ and select messages.

I think this will be fixed with a bridge update.

Mike
    07-07-12 09:32 PM
    This is completely unacceptable. It started happening to me yesterday. I'm not going through the trouble of wiping & reloading. Someone needs to find a fix for this. This is the first time I have been unhappy with my PB performance.
    08-16-12 11:41 AM
    Same problem here, have tried everything but a security wipe or unbricking.
    Come on, RIM, throw us a bone on this one, it is the main use of my PB and it has been hobbled for the last weeks.
    08-18-12 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD