I really love using the bridge on my BB. I store my mp3s on a 32g card in my BB and then play them thru my playbook. My problem is the media player that opens up when playing mp3s through the bridge. I can only play one song at a time and when its over I have to sort thru and find the next song I want to play. Is there anyway to intergrate the media player onmy playbook to reconize the songs on my BB. Or is there any media player that will at least let me have a way to shuffle the songs on the BB card.

I have a 64g Playbook and A virginmobile curve 8530 so I dont know if my os is just too old to do anything like this. I also store the same mp3s on playbook but it would free up so much space if I could get this bridge to be a little more flexible with mp3 files
    05-22-12 06:00 PM
    You have a 64GB PB, Why not just load the music on the PB.
    05-22-12 06:24 PM
    The more apps I buy the more space being taken. plus then I start transferring different files to my playbook (to use with the app) and before you know it over half of the space is used. It becoming obvious 64g is going to be a problem up the road (why a 64g limit) so since I take my phone with me on the road, if I could have a way for the bridge to have a little more fleixbility accessing files on BB, I can free up space. I just wish the Playbook media player could see the mp3s files on the bb. Space THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH SPACE
    05-22-12 06:33 PM
    I haven't found a worthwhile way to use just my phone as my mp3 player through my playbook. At the moment I don't think its possible to do what you suggest.. Hopefully they will address this in he future. Personally I think it will be addressed, but I do not know within what time frame. RIM seems to want to make smartphones and tablets into one very seamless integration. That's one of their goals, anyway. Updates to bridge are not over that's for sure.
    05-22-12 06:42 PM
    Bought this stupid tablet thinking I would never use it and now it almost on the verge of being used more than my main PC. Once I get a few more things straightened out, the playbook will be used more LOL. OK I NEED RIM WORKING ON GETTING THE EVERYTHING BETWEEN PLAYBOOK And BB to be as one. I NEED VIRGINMOBILE or some USA carrier to offer no contract, no more than $45 a month unlimited with some updated curve with os7 or even better a BOLD LOL (ohyea and allow tethering in that package)
    05-22-12 07:03 PM
    Lol yeah. There's a thread here started recently about bridge using wifi being introduced in a future update. This would make streaming faster (videos would be supported) as well as using only the wifi radio as opposed to bt as well for some battery life savings. There are also numerous other pros to this as suggested by other members on that thread, but it goes to show they are definitely not done innovating with bb bridge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    05-22-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD