Hey guys just wondering if any of you are having this problem? Once connceted via bridge... the bridge browser app is very slow on the playbook.... Im on TELUS and have a BB TORCH.... my phone browser is actually faster than the playbook... just wondering if this can be fixed or do we have to wait for an update... I have full bars on my phone and its on a 3G network.... thanks guys!
    04-21-11 07:45 PM
    Yes very slow for me too!
    I want to internet tether instead but not working!
    What should we do to get the internet tethering to work?
    04-21-11 07:46 PM
    yes bridge browsing is very slow. better to tether or wifi.
    04-21-11 07:50 PM
    so there is no way to fix this problem??? I was hoping that the bridge browser would be as fast as my torch browser .... this is not good.... hopefully RIM or someone can fix this problem... i need the internet on the go and was hoping the bridge would be an awesome fit??..... but the playbook overall RULES... love the PLAYBOOK!!!!!
    04-21-11 07:54 PM
    Same here, plus I get errors when trying to tether.
    04-21-11 08:01 PM
    Hopefully will improve with future updates.
    04-21-11 08:07 PM
    to tether "internet tethering" pay your carrier. bridge browser is messed up, i'm hoping an update will fix it real soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 08:08 PM
    so im posting this response on my playbook via tether, it works pretty good not as fast as wifi but it would do, i am probably paying an arm and a leg but i just wanted this to get out there .....hopefully someone fixes this the brifge browser was the selling point for me
    04-21-11 08:12 PM
    to tether "internet tethering" pay your carrier. bridge browser is messed up, i'm hoping an update will fix it real soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Any of you guys on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) through your work? The default mode for the Bridge Browser is to go through your BES and then to the Internet. Ie: PlayBook->BlackBerry Smartphone->BES Server->Internet.

It's bound to be slow if your corporate network doesn't have a lot of bandwidth to the Internet. This is clearly for security reasons (the BES<-->Internet behaviour) since it allows content-filtering and such on the corporate network.

People on a BIS-only (BlackBerry Internet Service) plan will find things a lot faster I would think as the path is PlayBook->BlackBerry Smartphone->Internet (3G) ...cutting the BES "middle man" out.

...guesses on my part, though I *have* verified the BES thing with my own phone which is on a BESx (Xpress version of BES). I don't know what your situations are, but would you care to share?

/Eric
    04-21-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD