Per company policy I am forced to use Balance. I noticed something today. In an email, a link was sent to me to an application we use internally. This application is on the internal network but are accessed via the browser. I opened the link which of course required logon credentials to the server. Then I decided to save this as a bookmark. Well, it only allows me to save it to bookmarks, not home screen (can understand that, probaly for security and Balance reasons). But then I notice, if you select the gold star for bookmarks, on the same line as bookmark bar, to the extreme right is the Balance icon. So my guess is this shows me I am in Balance mode.
    Now my problem.
    Once I closed the browser and try to access this recently saved 'work' link in the bookmarks, it is nowhere to be found on the regular browser's bookmarks.
    So I left my regular browser open and went to the email link again and open it. This now opens another browser and this browser has only the 'work' bookmarks. None of my other regular bookmarks. So I have 2 browsers opened. It is not just 2 tabs within the same browser.
    Now my question.
    How can I save this 'Work' Browser on my homescreen as an icon for easy access so I don't always have to open the email and click the link as that will not manage as the email will eventually become outside sync timeframe?
    06-27-12 11:37 AM
    If you are on a BES, you have a broswer and a bridge browser. The bridge browser accesses your network, the other can't. If you open the bridge folder, then the brosers in it, you might see your missing bookmark.
    06-27-12 11:50 AM
    If you are on a BES, you have a broswer and a bridge browser. The bridge browser accesses your network, the other can't. If you open the bridge folder, then the brosers in it, you might see your missing bookmark.
    No, bridge browser access the browser on your BB phone, not the network. I am just on the PB. Bridge and Balance are 2 different things and has nothing to do with each other.
    06-27-12 12:02 PM
    I say it works the way your company wants it to. You should ask your IT department.
    06-27-12 12:39 PM
    Balance creates work container which stores all your work related data. You can't access the data from outside the container. For example, the attachments you saved from your work emails, the bookmarks you saved in your work browser. Your work browser uses the MDS service which is part of the Blackberry Device Service. It creates a native VPN between your playbook and your work network. You can use your work browser to browse you company's internal websites even you are at home or on a public wifi like in Macdonalds.

On your Playbook there should be a folder named Work which contains the work browser. At least that's the case for mine.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 06-27-12 at 12:48 PM.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    06-27-12 12:46 PM
    No, bridge browser access the browser on your BB phone, not the network. I am just on the PB. Bridge and Balance are 2 different things and has nothing to do with each other.
    It's not "Bridge Browser" anymore, it's "Work Browser" and it will only contain information sourced from your "work" email account. You can't copy/paste from it to anything other than your work email address emails and work contacts. (as an aside, this is how "bridge browser" was envisioned initially - as a bridge to MDS service running BES).

The work around I've used, and may be an option for you, is to open my work email as webmail in my regular browser, then from there copy/open any links and save in my regular browser. Note, this only works if your work email is accessible via browser.
    06-27-12 12:52 PM
    Balance creates work container which stores all your work related data. You can't access the data from outside the container. For example, the attachments you saved from your work emails, the bookmarks you saved in your work browser. Your work browser uses the MDS service which is part of the Blackberry Device Service. It creates a native VPN between your playbook and your work network. You can use your work browser to browse you company's internal websites even you are at home or on a public wifi like in Macdonalds.

On your Playbook there should be a folder named Work which contains the work browser. At least that's the case for mine.
    Yes, I agree and completely understand the Balance concept, but didn't knew how to access the Work Browser until you directed me to the Work folder. Honestly don't know how I missed that folder! Thanks a lot!
    06-27-12 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD