So i was reading this:

The phabulous phablet: A new form factor arrives with the Galaxy Note | TechRepublic

and was thinking that a phablet style device (keeping it all in one device) might be a nice move for RIM.

So what do you think would be the pros and cons of such a device form factor for RIM?
    02-11-12 10:53 AM
    I think its too small for a tablet and too big for a phone.... I cant imagine seeing myself holding that big a$$ thing to my ear LOL It will almost exclusively be used with a BT headset; its just not practical to hold that things up like a phone

Edit: On second thoughts, if it was made by apple, people will accept it; heck if apple puts a phone in it, people will hold a watermelon up to their face LOL
    02-11-12 11:05 AM
    I would not buy this "phablet". Two reasons for that:

1. Portability- You can barely hold the phablet with one hand to talk. It will not fit in a regular size pocket.

2. Phone/Tablet impersonation that does not know its identity.

A smartphone needs to remain a phone first. A tablet is designed for a different purpose.

Drawbacks for this device:

1. Battery life ( will never be like a tablet)
    2. Potability
    3. Design (size)
    And the most important of all:
    4. NOT MADE BY RIM.

My 0.02 cents
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-11-12 11:22 AM
    There's a new Android thingamajig every month. It's hard enough keeping up with a new phone or tablet every year. I would hate to buy an Android only to have to obsolete next month with another Samsung or Motorola Android. When ever i see a commercial for one of these things i think "meh".
    02-11-12 11:30 AM
    Some time in the future this will actually work. As it is now, we don't have the right tech to make it trully usefull.

As it is, it's too small for a tabket and way too big for a phone.
    02-11-12 11:48 AM
    Anyone who thinks its too big for a cell phone never owned on of these:

...and the cell phone I had before this came in a bag with a battery that weighed about 5lbs.

Thank goodness times have changed, tech has come along way.
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    02-11-12 11:54 AM
    I've been predicting this for some time. Not too long, ago, we wanted our phones to be smaller and smaller, now, with all the junk we want on them, they will need to be bigger and bigger.
    02-11-12 12:16 PM
    I've been predicting this for some time. Not too long, ago, we wanted our phones to be smaller and smaller, now, with all the junk we want on them, they will need to be bigger and bigger.
    Only if we want them to work for more than 25 minutes - they will all need a larger battery. This form over function, style over substance has to back off a bit in my opinion.
    02-11-12 01:18 PM
    I think its too small for a tablet and too big for a phone.... I cant imagine seeing myself holding that big a$$ thing to my ear LOL It will almost exclusively be used with a BT headset; its just not practical to hold that things up like a phone

Edit: On second thoughts, if it was made by apple, people will accept it; heck if apple puts a phone in it, people will hold a watermelon up to their face LOL
    Thanks FJ..... you just made me split my coffee out LOLing at your edit
    02-11-12 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD