I have a theory as to why the battery might be draining a little too quickly on many people's PlayBooks: It might have something to do with BlackBerry Bridge and the specific OS version of the BlackBerry device it's installed on. Confused?

I'm sure at least some some of you folks know how the specific version of the firmware you have installed on you BlackBerry device might sometimes affect the drain on the battery. Sometimes a buggy OS version will drain the battery on your BB device far too quickly. I'm wondering if this applies to how BB Bridge (and the Bluetooth it functions with) operates. I'm wondering if bugs in some OS versions might make the Bluetooth radio on the PlayBook *AND* the BB device it's bridged to drain the battery on *BOTH* devices too quickly. Why do I think so?

I recently updated the OS on the BB Pearl 9100 that I bridge my PB to and the battery on my BB seems to last longer now. Not only that, the battery drain on my PB seems to be reduced somewhat as well. I don't know if any of this can be verified but this might be something the CrackBerrians here might want to look into.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 03-17-12 at 08:59 PM.
    03-17-12 08:50 PM
    My playbook does seem to drain a bit faster than I though it would, and it's almost constantly bridged to my phone. Maybe I'll take a day or 2 without bridging them and see if it gets any better.
    (Bold 9900 7.1.0.267)
    03-17-12 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD