I am just wondering about the Playbook battery :

a. is it better to let the battery drain before recharging, or does that not matter?
    b. is it ok to leave the playbook plugged in most of the time to avoid the battery getting drained?
    c. I often use the playbook while the playbook is plugged into the wall charger, is this a problem?
    02-07-14 12:48 AM
    "...best practices to maximize your batterys lifespan. Always use an official BlackBerry charger, charge for an extended period of time when possible, avoid charging in small increments (i.e. less than 15 minutes), and do not your leave smartphone in direct sunlight (i.e. your vehicles dashboard) or in extremely cold temperatures."

Ten ways to extend your BlackBerry 10 battery life | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

https://www.apple.com/batteries/
    02-07-14 02:18 AM
    I am just wondering about the Playbook battery :

a. is it better to let the battery drain before recharging, or does that not matter?
    b. is it ok to leave the playbook plugged in most of the time to avoid the battery getting drained?
    c. I often use the playbook while the playbook is plugged into the wall charger, is this a problem?
    Lots has been written about lithium batteries and how to get the most out of them. It has been said that you shouldn't completely drain the battery as this can do more harm than good. I generally charge my PB when it gets down to 10-20% although some say that this is to low. Personally I wouldn't leave it on charge for extended periods. As an example of lithium battery life, I have an old Samsung D500 phone that uses a lithium battery. Ninety nine percent of the time over a five year period I let it drain to the battery low warning or to when it got to the point it would switch itself off. On average I charged it up once a week and the battery is a still as strong today as it was when I first bought it. I wouldn't do this with the PB though as there can be problems reviving a completely drained PB battery.
    02-07-14 07:06 AM
    While it's true you shouldn't let lithium batteries drain completely, the PlayBook battery is about 50% capacity when it auto shuts down. So 0% on the battery meter does not mean a drained battery.

A. It doesn't really matter. I would charge before auto shut down after reading many stories here about problems getting the PB to charge again. Personally I have had little problem getting the PB to charge after auto shut down.
    B. If you are going to leave it for extended periods, charge 70-80% then unplug and turn off. Check it every month or so to see how fast it drains. Should be good for a long time.
    C. It's been said that it not the best idea to use a lot of power while charging. I don't know really and would like to hear some more opinions. Does the battery get very warm while doing that? It might be an indication that you're stressing the battery.

The best thing you can do for a lithium battery is to charge it to 50% and don't use it after that. Since that's not practical, adjust you habits keeping that in mind.
    02-07-14 08:24 AM