Tried to start my PB/32 today having set it to be on standby last night at 100%...

And it wouldn't start...plugged it in and I see the battery is at 0%

???

Why would that happen?

Andd what scares me is that she's been plugged in for over a half-hour and she still shows 0% ???

Pointer here folks?
    09-20-12 08:45 AM
    Check that it shows it's actually charging, then wait another hour or two and check again.

To see if it's charging, either look for the lightning bolt symbol over the battery icon, or run my Battery Guru app and see what the charging power level is.

Very drained batteries can sit at 0% for a while...
    09-20-12 08:57 AM
    Peter...thnx for the speedy reply!

Just went & bought Battery Guru...installed it...and its running - but?

You said to check the "chharging power level" is -- is that the top right hand notation that says - Power: 1.09 Watts?

And what does that "mean?"

;-)
    09-20-12 09:04 AM
    When charging, Power will change to Charge. It should also list the charger type.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-20-12 09:14 AM
    Any new apps installed? Android sideloaded apps?

Activated any Native Email accounts in the past few days? Hotmail can cause battery drain. Manual sync of native email has also caused issues.
    09-20-12 09:48 AM
    No new apps no Android apps no hotmail accts....nada!
    09-20-12 10:05 AM
    You said to check the "chharging power level" is -- is that the top right hand notation that says - Power: 1.09 Watts?

And what does that "mean?"
    As Chaddface says (and his info is reliable as a rule :-) ), if it were actually charging, you'd see the lightning bolt and Battery Guru would show "Charge" instead of "Power". If you can't get it to say Charge, it's not charging and you may have charger issues, or a hardware problem with the PlayBook.

What's that mean? Power is measured in watts... basically energy per unit time. The PlayBook has a battery that's nominally 19.98Wh, which is a measure of total energy stored. You could use 19.98W for one hour, or 1.0W for 19.98h, or whatever else multiplies out to that total. Practically our batteries really hold only about 18Wh (thus the roughly 90% "health" most see).

When using the device, power will be consumed at a rate of between 2W and maybe 5W, depending on how hard you push the device (screen brightness, volume, GPS in use, wifi traffic, etc). When charging, it will range from almost 10W with the rapid charger, down to almost nothing or even a negative charging rate (i.e. discharging) when using a crappy charger like the USB port on your laptop (at least when you've go the PlayBook screen on).
    09-20-12 10:35 AM
    again..much thanks!

I restarted like 5 times in a row and the term "Power" never changed to "Charge" - until the 6th time....it appears to be charging now nicely....

Why would that be? same charger, same wall outlet etc...

And how can I "prevent" this from happening again?

Wait...forgot...the PB "chimes" like twice - two chimes each - when I start it up now...dunno why???
    09-20-12 12:11 PM
    again..much thanks!

I restarted like 5 times in a row and the term "Power" never changed to "Charge" - until the 6th time....it appears to be charging now nicely....

Why would that be? same charger, same wall outlet etc...

And how can I "prevent" this from happening again?

Wait...forgot...the PB "chimes" like twice - two chimes each - when I start it up now...dunno why???
    When you say you restarted IT, is IT the PB or the app? What charger are you using?
    The chime could be the low battery notification. I think that starts at 9%.

To the issue that started this journey:
    Did you have the browser or any apps open when you went into standby? My wife often leaves a specific game open or the browser on YouTube when she sets it down. Even in standby I have noticed (with Battery Guru) that those two are still draining the battery.
    09-20-12 12:30 PM
    Which OS are you on?
    09-20-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD