I am sorry if this has been posted already, I tried to search active threads but didn't come across this problem. Since I did the update on the PB this morning my battery meter has been reading 100%. I know the battery is not 100% charged as I have used it on and off for a couple of hours today. I tried rebooting (soft and hard reboots, several times) and I even did a debrick and reinstall of the os. I did not do a restore of my personal info after the reinstall and same issue. I downloaded a free battery info app from Appworld (battery watch) and it shows the voltage decreasing as it should, battery state is unplugged, health is good and still says battery is 100%, even in the app... This playbook was working fine before the update (battery indicator changed as it should). Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not. PB seems to charge fine (haven't tried powering down and completely charging it). Everything else seems good that I have tried. Battery was not fully charged when I did the update this morning either. Was at about 80% or so. Any suggestions are welcomed. Sorry again if it has been covered.
    10-03-12 07:06 PM
    I am sorry if this has been posted already, I tried to search active threads but didn't come across this problem. Since I did the update on the PB this morning my battery meter has been reading 100%. I know the battery is not 100% charged as I have used it on and off for a couple of hours today. I tried rebooting (soft and hard reboots, several times) and I even did a debrick and reinstall of the os. I did not do a restore of my personal info after the reinstall and same issue. I downloaded a free battery info app from Appworld (battery watch) and it shows the voltage decreasing as it should, battery state is unplugged, health is good and still says battery is 100%, even in the app... This playbook was working fine before the update (battery indicator changed as it should). Not sure if anyone else has experienced this or not. PB seems to charge fine (haven't tried powering down and completely charging it). Everything else seems good that I have tried. Battery was not fully charged when I did the update this morning either. Was at about 80% or so. Any suggestions are welcomed. Sorry again if it has been covered.

Usually doing a reboot, and use it until it dies - then recharge- solves the 100% issues...
    10-03-12 08:49 PM
    Interesting. I thought about trying that but was afraid to drain the battery too low to the point it would not charge again. I take it from your reply that others have had similar issues? Sorry to be a pain. I appreciate your help!

edit: apparently I should have done a site search, not just looked through active threads. Seems this has been an issue on previous os builds. I apologize for starting a new thread on the topic. Just started to freak out that my PB was broken. I will do the battery drain and recharge and see if it helps. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by dubber_d; 10-03-12 at 09:48 PM. Reason: didnt look for info hard enough...
    10-03-12 09:32 PM
    Usually doing a reboot, and use it until it dies - then recharge- solves the 100% issues...
    well, a lot people report that after it dies, it no longer charge, so it might be dead forever
    10-03-12 10:19 PM
    Interesting. I thought about trying that but was afraid to drain the battery too low to the point it would not charge again. I take it from your reply that others have had similar issues? Sorry to be a pain. I appreciate your help!

edit: apparently I should have done a site search, not just looked through active threads. Seems this has been an issue on previous os builds. I apologize for starting a new thread on the topic. Just started to freak out that my PB was broken. I will do the battery drain and recharge and see if it helps. Thanks for the help.
    The drain to 0% per the battery meter is perfectly safe. There is no way to drain the physical battery to the 0% level unless you are fiddling with the battery itself. Download and install Battery Guru which allows you to track the health of the battery and capture usage patterns.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-03-12 10:25 PM
    well, a lot people report that after it dies, it no longer charge, so it might be dead forever
    Debunked many times and documented on this forum. No need for scare tactics.
    esk369 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-03-12 10:27 PM
    Thanks guys. Appreciate the help! I will report back as soon as I know!
    10-03-12 10:28 PM
    Debunked many times and documented on this forum. No need for scare tactics.
    Absolutely agree from what I understand the battery has internal charging circuitry that won't let the battery fully discharge just like it won't let you over charge if I was understanding correctly.
    I would also agree with getting battery guru it seems very accurate and also rates the overall health of your battery the guy has a website with a lot of info.
    10-03-12 11:04 PM
    While draining to zero MIGHT not be harmful, we still don't know why some pb's will not charge if they do bottom out in some fashion.
    10-04-12 12:13 AM
    I left the PB on last night with the Stay On app running. After about 7 hours the battery indicator was sitting at 17%. Plugged the unit in and started charging, so far so good. Sitting at about 53%. Was having issues with appworld account last night so I could not get Battery Guru. Will give it another go today. Thanks to all that replied with help. I am sorry again to start a redundant thread about this. Many lessons learned!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-04-12 07:55 AM
    Don't worry.

After a while it starts to count down
    10-04-12 08:05 AM
    While draining to zero MIGHT not be harmful, we still don't know why some pb's will not charge if they do bottom out in some fashion.
    My understanding is that this is not a battery issue but a qauge "calibration learning" one. Reboot and drain can accelerate ... but will not change battery physical shape. Only a more accurate charge level will be displayed. Battery Guru will help to confirm.
    10-04-12 08:12 AM
    And there was I thinking from the title of your thread that you had the most awesome upgrade ever, your OS uses no battery!!
    10-04-12 08:36 AM
    And there was I thinking from the title of your thread that you had the most awesome upgrade ever, your OS uses no battery!!
    I wish that were the case!
    10-04-12 10:12 AM
    From all the hype - that will be a feature in BB10. It will be like a self-winding watch. Every movement (twist, dip, tilt, turn) will work to recharge the battery - rim will have accomplished perpetual motion or endless power.
    10-04-12 10:42 AM
    There has been a "bug" in the percentage portion of battery indicator for quite some time. It comes and goes, but I have noticed that the lightning bolt and electircal plug icons are pretty reliable when determining if the battery is charged, even if it says 100% all the time. If your meter is actiing up, just keep it connected to the power source until the plug appears and you should be good to go.

Letting it go to zero is just a bad idea.
    10-04-12 11:03 AM
    From all the hype - that will be a feature in BB10. It will be like a self-winding watch. Every movement (twist, dip, tilt, turn) will work to recharge the battery - rim will have accomplished perpetual motion or endless power.
    Also expecting it to serve me breakfast in bed. I want it NOW (this forum has me thinking of Willie Wonka lately ).
    10-04-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD