hi

the other day i used my playbook all day till it was at 9% so i charged it lastnight while i slept
    woke up and the playbook was at only99% charged..i thought the was weird i restared the playbook. and have been using very little the last 3hours however my battery is already at 75% seems like letting the playbook go down to under10%charge messed up the battrey.
    before this my battery after 3hrs of HEAVY USE would be maybe 80% or more.
    anyone else experance anything like this.
    02-19-12 10:04 PM
    You might try a restart. Some folks have suggested that the gps might turn on and stay on. What were you running?

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    02-19-12 10:59 PM
    before this my battery after 3hrs of HEAVY USE would be maybe 80% or more.
    Your battery level must have been miscalibrated before, because this is simply not possible, if by "heavy use" you mean that the screen was on the whole time and you were actively using it.

A 20% drop is 3.6Wh on a typical unit. Over three hours, that would imply you were using about 1.2W continuously. Only problem with that is that the screen alone uses more like 1.6W, usually closer to 2W at typical brightness levels. Add in some WiFi and playing a game or something and it's well over that, usually closer to 3W.

What probably happened is that the OS has recalibrated to match reality more closely.

Was this a relatively new PlayBook? The first few dozen recharges basically adjust the calibration repeatedly until it's fairly stable. Unless you've had it for months, this is likely what occurred. Or you simply misjudged the "three hours of heavy use".
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-19-12 11:17 PM
    Also make sure your charger makes a solid connection to your PB.... had this happen to me last nite. Woke up this morning and my PB was crying with only 2% battery left... So I put the charger back on and left it till it showed the square/plug instead of the lightening bolt.

It may take you a couple of charges before it's back up to your previous percentages.

EDIT: Yay! Peter is here
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-19-12 11:18 PM
    Your battery level must have been miscalibrated before, because this is simply not possible, if by "heavy use" you mean that the screen was on the whole time and you were actively using it.

A 20% drop is 3.6Wh on a typical unit. Over three hours, that would imply you were using about 1.2W continuously. Only problem with that is that the screen alone uses more like 1.6W, usually closer to 2W at typical brightness levels. Add in some WiFi and playing a game or something and it's well over that, usually closer to 3W.

What probably happened is that the OS has recalibrated to match reality more closely.

Was this a relatively new PlayBook? The first few dozen recharges basically adjust the calibration repeatedly until it's fairly stable. Unless you've had it for months, this is likely what occurred. Or you simply misjudged the "three hours of heavy use".
    yes yesterday i was playing games for about 2-3hrs andand the battery whent from 100 to about 40-50% i rechared( as i have been doning since i bought the playbook about 3weeks to 1 month ago. i never let it go below 40-50% only last night i did as i was letting my friend play plants vs zombies)
    but today i wasnt playing games i was using im+ and using simple brower+ to view crackberry forms (as i am now ) battery is now at 60% yet other days before ..using just im+ n simple browser+ only wouldnt use this much power

p.s my brightness is set to the lowest always was since the day i got it
    Last edited by rob9804; 02-19-12 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added p.s note
    02-19-12 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD