my battery life seems to be pretty poor - on standby it will drop around 4% in less than an hour. Is this normal? I was wondering if it was possible to turn off checking for updates for games / emails etc and manually checking for them? Besides the obvious of turning off wifi and bluetooth etc, dimming the screen brightness etc is there anything else i may be missing? Finally should i turn off the playbook each night (which i do currently) or should i leave it on standby in airplane mode?
    10-18-12 03:28 AM
    I use it as a bedtime clock (using antair nightstand and the rapid charger) and have another rapid charger at the office.. I find if I start the day at 100% I rarely have any issues with battery life..
    10-18-12 07:43 AM
    Have you set up Native Email accounts? If so, in some cases, having Manual Sync causes battery drain issues. Also some folks have had problems with hotmail.

Other issues - have you sideloaded or loaded any Android apps? Folks have found a few rare ones that may continue to run in the background drawing power.

Also, when it drops into "standby" go into a dark closet and make sure the screen is really OFF - not a backlit gray color.
    Zeds likes this.
    10-18-12 09:14 AM
    I am using Kaiten (sideloaded) for emails but not for a hotmail account.
    Is there a good app to properly kill any remaining android apps running in the background?
    I installed batteryguru and noticed that my battery life is 89% yet I havent used it much as yet and have only charged it 6 times..
    10-22-12 05:02 AM
    Yes, there Is an app that kills basically everything running on the PB. The android player, hung apps, etc. I personally use it to gain back the memory the browser never returns after using it, and to gain about 50+mb on boot, dont know what it kills, but hey, thats extra ram.

Its called Memory Eater. You can search it up on appworld, I think its 99cents. However, I believe such things should come native on the OS, thats why I sent you a DL link to your private messages inbox, since this site doesnt support piracy.

If anybody else wants it, buy it, ask me for the DL link or search it up on google.
    10-22-12 07:57 AM
    much appreciated, will give that a go. Thanks!
    10-22-12 08:23 AM
    I am using Kaiten (sideloaded) for emails but not for a hotmail account.
    Is there a good app to properly kill any remaining android apps running in the background?
    I installed batteryguru and noticed that my battery life is 89% yet I havent used it much as yet and have only charged it 6 times..
    I posted a topic here after an app ran in the background one night and drained my battery. The solution I used was the free "Advanced Application Manager" from app world. It works and I haven't had the problem since.

Link to thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...killer-747361/
    10-22-12 08:26 AM