View Poll Results: How many hours of battery life do you get per average day?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 2 hours

5 1.87%
  • 3 - 5 hours

23 8.61%
  • 6 - 8 hours

93 34.83%
  • 9 - 11 hours

88 32.96%
  • 12 - 14 hours

32 11.99%
  • 15 + hours

26 9.74%
    Well its not easy to estimate battery life because there are so many factors involved, but here's my experience. i plug my PB in every night, and yesterday morning i unplugged it around 8am to take to work. i use bridge throughout the day, as well as wifi, and probably averaged 5-6 hours (rough estimate) of active use throughout the day.. some browsing, some videos, an hour or so of games, emailing, browsing App World, and of course, a lot of crackberry.com. I am now typing this post with 24% battery left, and i'm gonna keep going to see how far i can get into the second day. Im using the latest OS version, and again, had wifi & bridge on the whole time.

On a side note, my phone seems to love bridge mode. It doesnt seem to have had any impact on my torch's battery life, and if I didnt know better I would say it has improved lol. All in all i'm pretty pleased, and expect that it will get better with every update.
    05-14-11 08:42 AM
    On a side note, my phone seems to love bridge mode. It doesnt seem to have had any impact on my torch's battery life, and if I didnt know better I would say it has improved lol. All in all i'm pretty pleased, and expect that it will get better with every update.
    It's interesting that you mention this, as my 9000's battery life is better too. I suspect this has to do with the fact that I am spending less time on my phone and more time on the PlayBook, so the added drain of constant Bluetooth is not that apparent.
    05-14-11 08:45 AM
    It's interesting that you mention this, as my 9000's battery life is better too. I suspect this has to do with the fact that I am spending less time on my phone and more time on the PlayBook, so the added drain of constant Bluetooth is not that apparent.
    That definitely makes sense.. Just one more benefit of using the BB/PB combination. i find that they go very well together.. things that require too much effort on my torch are just right for the playbook, and when i just want to glance at something I just use my phone. Not sure if I would use the playbook as much if it was a 10" screen.
    05-14-11 10:02 AM
    That definitely makes sense.. Just one more benefit of using the BB/PB combination. i find that they go very well together.. things that require too much effort on my torch are just right for the playbook, and when i just want to glance at something I just use my phone. Not sure if I would use the playbook as much if it was a 10" screen.
    Agreed. I find myself carrying around my PlayBook because of its small form factor. I suspect that a 10" PB would not make it out of the house/office.

I no longer use the browser on my 9000. Come to think of it, my *need* for a full-featured BlackBerry phone has diminished. I just need something that can make calls, tether and message when I can't access the PlayBook....hmmmm...
    05-15-11 07:02 AM
    So, after 255 votes, it looks like the bulk of PlayBook users get from 6 to 11 hours of battery life....tilting more toward the higher range. I guess that RIM lived up to their 10 hours of use statement.

05-22-11 06:58 AM
    i have been using 'video chat' therefore am i correct to assume that i have already accepted the licensing agreement? i can't find anyplace in the 'video chat' program to 'accept' it. When in 'standby' the pb definitely uses power - and this is a problem that needs to be dealt with because if you turn the pb off between sessions it takes about 2 min to reboot which isn't what people want in a tablet devise.
    05-22-11 10:35 AM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD