I've been using my PlayBook for about a half hour and the battery indicator is still reading 100%. I wish it were true, but I doubt it. It was last charged about 10 hours ago. Any ideas what the problem might be?
    03-16-12 06:19 PM
    It might depend on what you are doing on the pb? Some actions might not use much power. I would not sweat it for a while. Or fire up a video game and see what happens.
    03-16-12 07:15 PM
    Still showing 100 and played some Sketch With Friends, etc. Not budging at all.
    03-16-12 07:21 PM
    Have you tried to reboot it. There was another thread talking the same issue. I don't remember the particulars. Give a search.
    03-16-12 07:30 PM
    Tried rebooting. No change. Trying the drain test someone recommended in another thread I just found. Thanks.
    03-16-12 07:35 PM
    Damn, that's the best battery discharge rate to date. You need to post that in the overnight consumption thread.
    03-16-12 07:56 PM
    You are the first to have a concern about too good of a battery life.
    You might want to try Battery Guru in App World. It is a great app to check and monitor battery life and discharge.
    03-16-12 07:56 PM
    I do have Battery Guru and it also shows 100%! My concern is that the battery is going to run out in the middle of something important and I will have no warning.
    03-16-12 08:44 PM
    Does Battery Guru show any usage? And does it change to show charging when you attach the charger?
    03-16-12 08:51 PM
    i had the same problem two weeks ago with mine. i just kept using mine and it stayed at 100% charge for about 5 hours. all of the sudden the battery indicator just started to drop like a rock. when it got to be around 35% charge i threw it back on a charger and i havnt had a problem with it since. when mine got hung up at 100% for whatever reason battety guru indicated my battery health dropped to 68%. normally my battery health is between 92% and 95%.
    03-17-12 01:44 AM
    Well, I ran mine down until it shut itself off last night. It's on the rapid charger now, so we'll see if that recalibrates the battery indicator.
    03-17-12 07:17 AM
    Keep use informed.
    03-17-12 07:26 AM
    Well, I ran mine down until it shut itself off last night. It's on the rapid charger now, so we'll see if that recalibrates the battery indicator.
    So, at the point just before it shut itself off, was it still reading 100%?

Do keep us posted.
    03-17-12 07:43 AM
    Does Battery Guru show any usage? And does it change to show charging when you attach the charger?
    I'm curious as well.
    Did the Guru app show how much power the PB was consuming?

The PB must know the voltage dropped to auto-power down. Maybe that function is handled outside of the OS?
    03-17-12 07:58 AM
    I'm sure Battery Guru would have showed both power being actively consumed (large black text at upper right) and the voltage gradually dropping, even if the battery % remaining level did not, unless there's a hardware defect or a serious (but probably rare) glitch in the OS.

There are two main possible causes of this. One is a simple OS bug, and after a drain test or two, some restarting, and a few days of regular use, something will probably get it past that and it will suddenly start showing realistic numbers again. The other cause would be a hardware defect. If the voltage reading is broken, or the power reading is stuck at 0.000W even when off the charger, there's a serious defect in the hardware most likely, and it should probably go back to RIM under warranty.

For what it's worth, the voltage ranges between 3.4V and 4.2V, with a non-linear relationship with the battery % remaining level. From 0 to 20% the voltage will climb quite quickly, and then from 20% up to about 100% it climbs slowly and in a fairly straight line. Because of this bend in the curve you can't directly translate between the two (e.g. halfway in voltage, or 3.8V, does not correspond to 50%) but as a general approximation you can certainly tell if the battery level is dropping by watching the voltage drop.
    03-17-12 12:17 PM
    Hey ineed to know how u fixed it cuz im having the same problem!!
    03-30-12 03:46 PM
    Nvm, i just dont know why it was on 100% for hours, but now it did went down
    03-30-12 04:53 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I had it plugged in and charging while playing one of the auto racing games for about an hour. It was fully charged while I was playing and it was plugged in. After unplugging it, it stayed at 100% for a few hours, then slowly started to discharge. It's been normal ever since.
    03-30-12 07:36 PM
    Same here the new playbook (64Gb) I got is stuck on 100% battery for about 1-2 hour then goes down a lil faster for the next 6-10 hours of active usage , maybe its because it was longuer inactive in the box for years ?

my old 32gb Playbook is still very accurate from full to empty battery % .
    03-28-14 07:02 PM
    Same here the new playbook (64Gb) I got is stuck on 100% battery for about 1-2 hour then goes down a lil faster for the next 6-10 hours of active usage , maybe its because it was longuer inactive in the box for years ?

my old 32gb Playbook is still very accurate from full to empty battery % .
    Sometimes the formula used to calculate % battery charge needs to have a few discharge cycles to adjust the calculation. Battery voltage however is measured and should be reported correctly as to the Battery Guru app.
    03-28-14 07:11 PM
    Same here the new playbook(64Gb) I got is stuck on 100% battery for about 1-2 hour then goes down a lil faster for the next 8-10 hours of active usage , maybe its because it was inactive in the box for years ?
    ►the value is the same in BatteryGuru

my older Playbook(32Gb) is still very accurate from full to empty battery %

I Love those lil Tablet

jpash549 : just saw your message I did charge about 10 time but it still does it but doesnt affect my playtime I guess
    03-28-14 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD