Bought my Playbook on launch day and love it. The only thing that bugs me is the power indicator drops 0% for no reason. I still have plenty of power and carry on with my day, I guess it is just annoying. Does this happen on everyones Playbook? Keep hoping an update will fix this, but I am starting to wonder if it is just my unit.
    08-04-11 10:18 AM
    Never seen this with mine. Run it down to get to 0, but I can still use it for about 20 minutes till it shuts down.
    08-04-11 11:24 AM
    The battery level indicator is known to be somewhat flaky, at least for some users. Mine's been pretty much rock-solid and accurate, but I've seen posts from others reporting mysterious jumps, pegged-at-100%, and pegged-at-0%.

I have some users of Battery Guru who have sent me their logs showing clearly sudden drops, with no apparent explanation. Some are or were experiencing actual problems correlated with those symptoms, while with others it appears merely to be an issue with the indicator and not a real problem.

Search for recent posts by wellard, for example, to see how his unit was freaking out, then suddenly started sailing smoothly.

If you do happen to purchase Battery Guru to help troubleshoot this, please feel free to send me the export file after a few times this has happened and I'll analyze it in detail and try to help explain it, if that's possible. If nothing else, maybe after a while I'll have enough evidence of something to assist RIM in resolving the problems.
    klawjon likes this.
    08-04-11 11:51 AM
    I will checkout Battery Guru. So far it has not been a performance buster, just the indicator jumps around. Once I plug it in or reboot it, it goes back to normal. Then ding, ding, ding, ding 0%.
    08-04-11 11:55 AM
    Any chance you regularly or always charge it with it turned off, rather than just being in standby? (No idea if that's an issue with the indicator, but wellard just mentioned in the other thread that he used to do that, and no longer does, and I've always charged with it in standby, so it's conceivable that could be involved.)
    klawjon likes this.
    08-04-11 02:15 PM
    I always let it time out and charge in standby. Sometimes the Playbook will not charge if I put it into standby. Have not charged it powered down.
    08-04-11 02:42 PM
    mine dies about 10-20 mins after i get the battery low warning. depending on what im doing. mines only gone fully flat on me once
    08-04-11 05:07 PM
    Mine does not turn off, just says it is out of power. It will go back and forth showing 0%, then it goes back to the accurate percentage.
    08-04-11 08:10 PM
    I'm glad this never happend to me! I hope you get your unit fixed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD