How do you go from battery health of 90% one day to 86% the following day?

Do you think it has to do with the 100.5 degrees f day we had yesterday?
    06-30-12 01:48 PM
    people here drink battery guru kool aid. mine goes from 30% to 90 to 60 to 10 all day long... it's a pos.... you are fine BTW....
    06-30-12 02:05 PM
    people here drink battery guru kool aid. mine goes from 30% to 90 to 60 to 10 all day long... it's a pos.... you are fine BTW....
    Well, if Battery Guru is POS, then it's the OS that's POS because Battery Guru reports exactly what the OS estimates.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 06-30-12 at 02:22 PM.
    06-30-12 02:19 PM
    How do you go from battery health of 90% one day to 86% the following day?

Do you think it has to do with the 100.5 degrees f day we had yesterday?
    If you have a newer Playbook, battery health ESTIMATE will fluctuate for the first 30-50 cycles. Mine jumped up and down until I I did a full drain/charge cycle after about 40 recharge cycles (i.e. used the PB until it shut itself down and charged until it was fully charged). Now, battery health stabilized at 91%.
    06-30-12 02:21 PM
    Note that the readings you see in Battery Guru come directly from the Tablet OS itself; the app is not in control of when they are updated or what values they have. In normal use, running off the battery, the readings are updated once every two minutes. When charging the time may be shorter, generally about 30 seconds. Sometimes a value may spike or show a bizarre reading for one sample: this is not a bug in the app, though it may reflect a bug in the operating system.
    In the battery guru app, swipe down from the top and click the link to learn more.
    06-30-12 02:23 PM
    Thanks to all that replied....
    06-30-12 02:46 PM
    If you have a newer Playbook, battery health ESTIMATE will fluctuate for the first 30-50 cycles. Mine jumped up and down until I I did a full drain/charge cycle after about 40 recharge cycles (i.e. used the PB until it shut itself down and charged until it was fully charged). Now, battery health stabilized at 91%.
    Thanks for the info, i think my battery is still within the first 40 or so cycles... and the battery drains quite fast (mainly used as an ereader) as it is I gotta find a large battery pack to charge the Playbook while I am on vacation
    06-30-12 04:08 PM
    Thanks for the info, i think my battery is still within the first 40 or so cycles... and the battery drains quite fast (mainly used as an ereader) as it is I gotta find a large battery pack to charge the Playbook while I am on vacation
    If you mainly use it as a reader, you might use Airplane Mode to turn off bt/wifi. Also, if you can turn down the backlight to a lower level. The light uses a lot of power.

If you are using the new email from OS2, using Manual Sync can deplete the battery fast - it is a bug.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-30-12 06:45 PM
    If you mainly use it as a reader, you might use Airplane Mode to turn off bt/wifi. Also, if you can turn down the backlight to a lower level. The light uses a lot of power.

If you are using the new email from OS2, using Manual Sync can deplete the battery fast - it is a bug.
    I turn off the wifi and don't use Bluetooth as my headset doesn't work with the Playbook... and I have the screen brightness as low as I can make it... I have to charge it atleast twice a week now...
    06-30-12 07:33 PM
    I turn off the wifi and don't use Bluetooth as my headset doesn't work with the Playbook... and I have the screen brightness as low as I can make it... I have to charge it atleast twice a week now...
    If I remember correctly, with the screen brightness on low and connections turned off, I got about 10 hours before the PB shut down. If you were to only use the PB as a reader I would guess you should see about 8-9 hours.
    06-30-12 07:50 PM
    Glad to report that after going from 90% to 86% and even down to 84% in one day I'm back at 90% after 2 complete discharge - recharge cycles.
    Last edited by kretch; 07-03-12 at 09:41 AM. Reason: miss spell
    07-03-12 09:40 AM
    I remember someone stating that airplane mode worked better then manual switching the radios off, in terms of battery consumption.
    07-03-12 12:01 PM
    I don't use battery guru and i wouldn't because from what i've read of people that used it, everything was going great. Then I got battery guru and now my batteries dying, or my playbook is using too much power on standby, or too little, or not enough. Guru reports my battery at 40% or 89% or 73%. WGAF. I suggest you go to the battery guru site where you will read.

The only information the PlayBook provides a user in its current form is a battery "percent remaining" level. This is merely an estimate based on a calculation involving several different factors. It doesn't always reflect the actual state of your battery.

Battery Guru digs below the surface to pull out more data. It shows you the actual battery voltage, as well as power consumption when charging or discharging. Note that the readings you see in Battery Guru come directly from the Tablet OS itself; the app is not in control of when they are updated or what values they have. In normal use, running off the battery, the readings are updated once every two minutes. When charging the time may be shorter, generally about 30 seconds. Sometimes a value may spike or show a bizarre reading for one sample: this is not a bug in the app, though it may reflect a bug in the operating system.

I think the major problem you 'think you' have with battery life/remaining level/voltage and power consumption is because you are using battery guru. Don't use it and you won't have the 'perceived problems with your battery'

just my 2 cents worth
    07-03-12 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD