hi. just wondering why my playbooks battery is draining a lot faster when i use a samsung phone charger. i do realize your not supposed to use a different charger other than a playbook charger but im just curious as to why it charges the playbook untill the battery shows full and it says 100% then when you plug it out and use it through the day it depletes a lot faster. i would have thought the problem with using a different charger is that it just wouldnt charge very fast or maybe not at all. i find it strange that the battery shows full but than discharges a lot quicker through the day. another thing when its charging with the samsung charger a plug icon appears on the battery icon instead of the normal lightning bolt when you use the correct charger. anyone know why this happens? i know im using the wrong charger. just to appease anyone out there, normal charger got wet, another one in the post. samsung charger was just a temporary measure.
    02-05-14 05:35 AM
    Since you've changed chargers, is it also possible you've loaded an app which is running in the background, which could be causing a more rapid battery depletion? The best way I've found to check that is to get the Advanced Application Monitor app from BB World, which will tell you what's running. And the Battery Guru app will also give you a real time chart of battery drain. I've found that certain Android apps (both on BB World and sideloaded) may not be actually shutting down when you close them and may still be running in the background. The Google Maps and NY Times apps (sideloaded) are examples.
    Carl Estes and mh1983 like this.
    02-05-14 09:55 AM
    The same symbol on the batter that is there when plugged into a USB port? Means its charging but slowly. Your Samsung charger is supplying less juice to charge.
    02-05-14 10:09 AM
    What Stephen Tx said......

c
    02-05-14 10:11 AM
    another thing when its charging with the samsung charger a plug icon appears on the battery icon instead of the normal lightning bolt when you use the correct charger. anyone know why this happens?
    The plug icon indicates the PlayBook is consuming more power then the charging source is supplying. The screen alone may be using more power then your charger can give. Standby and airplane mode would be the best when using the phone charger.
    I don't see any reason it should drain faster because you charge it slower.
    Try a reboot and see if the problem continues. Hold the power and volume plus buttons until the screen goes blank. It will restart.
    02-05-14 10:29 AM