Have had my phone since December with no issues at all. This week I will put my phone to sleep by pushing the power button. Before putting it to sleep the battery is almost full. When I come to use it no more than 24 hrs later the battery is completely drained and I need to plug it in to start again. This has happened 3 days in a row now. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is my battery completely shot???
    08-09-12 06:09 PM
    Phone or Playbook?
    08-09-12 06:27 PM
    Phone or Playbook?
    Playbook.

I read about hotmail acting up and causing battery drain problems in another thread. I deleted my hotmail account and will test out the battery going forward.
    08-09-12 07:52 PM
    I use the airplane mode when I now I won't be using it for a while. Work great.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    08-09-12 08:46 PM
    Ive got the same problem - I put it in standby mode fully charged and 16 hours later the battery is completely dead - just started happening a week or 2 ago (had it since december)
    I stopped using my native email accounts some time ago as when i passed out my playbook to friends to view pictures didnt want any one looking through them or my 2 year old son erasing important emails. It keeps asking me for a password - I'll delete the accounts completely and see if that helps.

Also for the first time ever within the last month i let my PB battery drain completely 2wice now - maybe that screwed some thing up.

Could also maybe a rogue app ive downloaded which is screing things up.
    08-10-12 08:26 AM
    Deleted all my inactive email accounts, fully charged it and left it in standby mode last night around 10pm - fired it up this morning and still had 97 percent baterry - it would appear the problem has been solved.
    08-11-12 07:49 AM
    It can be hard to figure out the issues. Glad you found a solution.

I've had a sudden severe battery drain for the past 2 or 3 days. I was getting a bit worried. - i had downloaded the .068 update but had stupidly not done a back up first so I didn't want to do a security wipe. Last night I signed up for the 2.1 beta, but then remembered that I had had 2 application updates over the past couple of days so I started up those 2 apps thinking maybe they were waiting for some kind of confirmation. Nothing - but i left my pb last night with 81% battery and this morning it was still at 78% so the problem seems to be solved.

Now I need to decide whether or not to download the beta. Decisions, decisions....
    08-11-12 10:33 AM
    Make sure wifi file sharing is off... turning it off solved my battery issues
    08-11-12 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD