I'll have to defer to the experts on Android since it's an area I know next to nothing about... I still have no real interest in it or intention to use it.
    02-23-12 11:06 PM
    The people with the elevated discharge issue, do you have android apps installed? I have no android apps installed and no issue like that.
    02-23-12 11:13 PM
    The people with the elevated discharge issue, do you have android apps installed? I have no android apps installed and no issue like that.
    No. Absolutely no Android apps on my Playbook. I practice safe sex .

In my case, the issue was most probably caused by some email (calendar, contacts) sync/push bug.
    02-23-12 11:16 PM
    i find my playbook does this only on the rapid charger. never with the oem charger.
    02-23-12 11:43 PM
    I find switching from manual sync to push sync stops the battery drain (gmail and yahoo accounts on my PB) and the heat. There's definitely a bug in the manual sync setting. I'll test tonight to see if the O/N battery drain stops now and I'll post result tomorrow morning. But i suspect it will.
    02-24-12 03:12 AM
    My pb used to go down in standby with airplane mode on from 100 to about 88 overnight (about 9 hours).

Yesterday I performed a hard reset and put application to " paused" as opposed to showcase and my battery lost only 5% over a 13 hour period of standby, including a quick turn on to check something really quick, maybe 2 minutes.
    02-24-12 03:20 AM
    battery drain issues.. try changing the native email settings back to the default settings...
    with PUSH ENABLED and sync interval to MANUAL...

and let me know if this helps with battery life...
    Thanks for this. I had performed a security wipe and added a couple of email accounts, but the PB was running warm and chewing through about 5% battery per hour in standby. Enabling Push with manual sync seemed to fix the problem - currently using about 0.5% battery per hour on standby.

Will keep testing.
    02-24-12 12:33 PM
    I run into the same problem before.

With "push" disabled + "sync interval" set to "manual, my PB is using 1.3W during standby (about 50% battery per 8 hours). It is also using about 3W when idle (not running any apps).

Enabling "push" fixed that for me... now it uses about 0.1-0.2W during standby. And about 1.8W when idle.

So if you found your battery is draining fast even during standby, please try enabling "push". Good Luck!
    02-24-12 12:45 PM
    This has been reported to RIM and logged. No schedule on a fix etc but I would imagine it will be a high priority for the next maintenance release.

That said, if the workaround is merely to avoid using Manual that might lower the priority of a fix, if it's difficult to resolve.
    02-24-12 01:06 PM
    I think I may need a bit more explanation. I have 3 emails setup. Google, Compuserve and Yahoo.

Gmail has 3 sync settings (mail, contacts and calendar). It has a push option and Sync interval. I have sync email OFF and the others on. It then has Advanced Settings and I have Push ON, Sync Interval Manual (grayed out)

Neither of the next two have Advanced Settings.

Compuserve (cis or csi) does not have any Sync options like above. It has Sync Interval - set to manual

Yahoo has a "Use push if supported" (I have it ON) and it has Sync Interval - set to manual.

My battery loss is now about 9% over 5 hours which is much better but still not great.

What settings are suggested that I tweak?

Thanks.

(of course we now have about 4 threads going)
    Last edited by F2; 02-24-12 at 01:41 PM.
    02-24-12 01:38 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD