Hi,

Was thinking about getting a pair of BT headphones to go with my Playbook, but I wondered how much of a drain on the battery they were. Anyone able to give me a good objective comparison of battery life when listening to music via wired headphones, vs BlueTooth ones?

Thanks.
    03-13-13 01:08 PM
    I haven't precisely measured the draw but it is significant. If pressed, I'd say using BT and playing music adds at least 10% to the current draw. I can't say if that is mostly playing music or the BT radio transmitter. I'm inclined to think BT matters more but, I never play music with wired headset so I have no comparison.
    03-13-13 01:13 PM
    I've used my PB extensively with BT headphones, including extended (5 hours+) yard work sessions on the weekends. Just playing music, and with the screen turned off, I typically have over 50% battery remaining when all is said and done. In fact, my BT headphones (Motorola S-10HD) tend to quit before my PB.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-13 01:43 PM
    I've used my PB extensively with BT headphones, including extended (5 hours+) yard work sessions on the weekends. Just playing music, and with the screen turned off, I typically have over 50% battery remaining when all is said and done. In fact, my BT headphones (Motorola S-10HD) tend to quit before my PB.

RCK

What kind of range are you getting with those headphones? ie. how far can you wander from the playbook? my yard is 1/2 acre and I was thinking about a pair for using on the lawn tractor.
    03-13-13 02:34 PM
    What kind of range are you getting with those headphones? ie. how far can you wander from the playbook? my yard is 1/2 acre and I was thinking about a pair for using on the lawn tractor.
    Headphones and lawn tractors don't gell. My tractor is far too noisey to hear the headphones.
    03-13-13 04:29 PM
    I stream sirius often(bridged to a 9900) and over a 6 hour period I'm probably down 30% on the PB. The screen is off most of the time.
    The BT connection alone doesn't use much power.
    03-13-13 04:59 PM
    I'm working a similar sized lot and I can easily stretch it to 30-40 feet. That's with the PB sealed inside a clamshell zippered case and the case, in turn, tucked inside a small shoulder bag.

RCK

03-14-13 01:32 AM