Just curious. I've only had my playbook for a few months, but has any one ever had a playbook battery wear out. I guess it's the Scotch in me but this is such a nice bit of hardware I'd hate to think it's cheaper to buy a new one than replace the battery.
    11-19-12 11:38 PM
    All batteries will slowly die over time. it's just the circle of life.
    11-19-12 11:41 PM
    All batteries will slowly die over time. it's just the circle of life.
    What? Are we talking R2-D2 here?
    11-20-12 12:24 AM
    Just curious? Have you any evidence that your battery is wearing out fast? Treat it well and it will probably last a couple of years. And get Battery Guru in the BB app world so you can watch it closely. Was it Bobby McFarrin who sang. "Don't worry-Be happy".
    11-20-12 12:42 AM
    it is just a race before the playbook is finished or the battery holds a charge for 2 hrs..
    11-20-12 04:20 AM
    By the time my battery goes to that big Place in the sky ill have a new PlayBook with 3gb of Ram
    11-20-12 04:01 PM
    Just curious? Have you any evidence that your battery is wearing out fast? Treat it well and it will probably last a couple of years. And get Battery Guru in the BB app world so you can watch it closely. Was it Bobby McFarrin who sang. "Don't worry-Be happy".
    No my battery is fine. I probably used the wrong title for this comment. I was curious if anybody ever has experienced end of life for the Playbook battery.
    11-20-12 04:25 PM
    No my battery is fine. I probably used the wrong title for this comment. I was curious if anybody ever has experienced end of life for the Playbook battery.
    Many who are interested in tracking such things buy my app Battery Guru, a link to which you should see in my signature. It shows and logs among other things the OS-reported "Health", which you can then monitor over time to directly observe said deterioration, if any.

From time to time, you'll see a thread here with people reporting "battery health", and if you search for that you'll probably get an idea how quickly they're dropping. (Hint: it's hardly at all, even after more than a year of use, for most.)
    11-20-12 04:48 PM
    Mine has been charged daily, sometimes twice daily since July last year. My battery still last about the same time as it use to. I think the last update shortened it a bit but not a lot.
    11-20-12 04:58 PM