Ok So i got my 64 PB and already had a 32. On the 32 I am running os 2.0.0.6149. The 64 is running 1.0.8.6067. I charged both of them to 100% and removed them from the charger at the same time. This was Friday Morning about 6 am. I used both equally ( un scientific) and tried to keep everything more or less equal. It is now Saturday night at 10 Pm and the 64 running 1.0.8.6067 is at 24% The 32 running 2.0.06149 is at 26%. So I will conclde that they are the same as far as battery usage goes. I would consider my usage medium. I know its subjective but thought it might be interesting for some. I hax\ve all the same apps etc. Lovin my playbooks!
    azrin640 likes this.
    01-14-12 11:04 PM
    I noticed a dramatic increase in battery life with the last beta update above OS1 and the previous beta update. I'm a heavy user, right from when i get up till i go to bed average of 1am, all i ever need nowadays is one full charge. I read books, bibles crackberry (of course) and play games, so the pb is on and used a whole lot!!
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    01-15-12 09:05 AM
    For me battery life worsened in os2 beta so i switched back. Especially on standby where i would lose about half remaining charge overnight on the beta but only about 10 percent on 1.08
    i hope the official release improves battery life or at least remains the same.
    01-15-12 09:42 AM
    For the record, with Battery Guru I've measured only a slight increase in battery consumption under 2.0.

That said, I don't use 2.0 on a regular basis, so I haven't taken the opportunity to do extensive measurements on it yet. (After all, it's a non-representative beta for developers, so what I learn from it won't likely apply to the final 2.0 anyway.)

Still interested in hearing from Battery Guru users who've actually run on 2.0 long enough to have real data to compare and share, instead of just anecdotes (not that anecdotes are a bad thing!) ...
    01-15-12 10:37 AM
    I'm not so sure OS changes/updates solve battery issues or increase battery time. The iPhone 4S was launched with very poor battery duration, and Apple did a software "fix", but the 4S' battery problem continues. Since I bought both a 4 and a 4S when it was launched by Sprint, I find the 4 has a significantly better battery life then the 4S, and they both have the same OS.
    01-15-12 10:58 AM
    I'm not so sure OS changes/updates solve battery issues or increase battery time.
    They do have some room to adjust consumption, but it's pretty limited.

Given that the bulk of the power consumption we see on a regular basis comes directly from the screen and backlight, short of adjusting the brightness down in an update, there's not a whole lot they can do to change that.

That said... they could certainly make the consumption a lot worse in an update!
    01-15-12 11:12 AM
    I found that my battery life appeared shorter in 2.0, but I am wondering if it was one of the sideloaded android apps that was causing it. Since reloading 2.0 without sideloaded apps I am not noticing it anymore. Could have been s misbehaving app for me? I hope this is something they test with apps before adding to app world.
    01-15-12 11:39 AM
    The problem I've noticed with OS2 is that closing the Android window doesn't necessarily close the app(s) that are loaded. For example I use the email app, and even after closing the window it'll still notify me of new emails. That of course has some effect on standby time because it doesn't actually standby.
    01-15-12 01:04 PM
    I felt like I was getting quite a bit more battery life when I was on 2.0. Especially when in standby.
    01-15-12 01:21 PM
    I found that my battery life appeared shorter in 2.0, but I am wondering if it was one of the sideloaded android apps that was causing it. Since reloading 2.0 without sideloaded apps I am not noticing it anymore. Could have been s misbehaving app for me? I hope this is something they test with apps before adding to app world.
    Yes the android apps do some major draining, the main culprit was pulse so i removed it and that helped a lot. I always use the android app killer, very necessary. I really don't know too much about battery guru and technical facts about the OS and battery life, but in practical terms, i use the pb so much more for much longer.
    01-15-12 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD