Hello,

Just something I was wondering: are the apps I leave on pause when I put the PB on pause itself still using some CPU power, draining faster the battery? It does seem so a bit, but I don't get why they would, as they are not running. For ex, if I leave a video on hold, on the music player...
    What do you think?
    Cheers,
    11-27-13 10:00 AM
    Usually leaving apps open (video, music, etc) will drain my playbook battery although they aren't actually running, very common. Im assuming because the app is actually opened even though it isnt running it is still using a little bit of power.
    Carl Estes and nealjane1 like this.
    11-27-13 10:38 AM
    Usually leaving apps open (video, music, etc) will drain my playbook battery although they aren't actually running, very common. Im assuming because the app is actually opened even though it isnt running it is still using a little bit of power.
    Yup. Even if you have nothing open or running, just the standy mode will use some power. Even when turned off, you will still lose "some" power over and exstended period of time.

c
    11-27-13 10:40 AM
    Thanx for your responses
    Still, it's weird that paused apps are draining the battery while in stanby, as they are... well, paused, not doing anything.
    11-27-13 12:31 PM
    Thanx for your responses
    Still, it's weird that paused apps are draining the battery while in stanby, as they are... well, paused, not doing anything.
    They are just resting in the shade getting ready for another big run. They retain a chunk of memory and a small amount of activity so as to receive notifications and answer the summons to duty. Same is true of Android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running KitKat using CB Forums mobile app
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-27-13 04:15 PM
    As jpash noted, Android might be doing the same thing and some can actually be runninng in the REAL background and not even show on the screen and use power.
    11-28-13 02:38 PM
    my ex playbook used to go 1 week and 3 days on battery life standby mode and mostly i was using it for music once in a while and email when i had wifi
    11-28-13 04:21 PM
    Depends on what the app is and how you have things set up. I have woken up to a PB about to die from leaving RetroArch running, and once from Reaper.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 02:07 AM