anyone has firm info about BP's battery life? i don't want to pre-order it until i know BP can run 8-10 hours at least.
    Last edited by epfrank; 03-22-11 at 10:18 PM.
    03-22-11 10:03 PM
    I doubt if it will manage to pull 3 hours at full charge with full multitasking "all singing all dancing" mode.

Until there's a confirmation from RIM, it looks like it
    03-22-11 10:31 PM
    I doubt if it will manage to pull 3 hours at full charge with full multitasking "all singing all dancing" mode.

Thanks for running that test, sorry your PlayBook doesn't do so well with battery..... wait do you even have one to know?
    03-22-11 10:36 PM
    I suppose that if you opened and ran every game, movie, and app on the PB at once and let them run you might kill it in three hours. RIM has ALREADY stated competitive, that's going to have to mean 9+ hours
    03-22-11 10:48 PM

so wait? your already disputing your own comments? move along please
    03-22-11 10:55 PM
    for those who have already pre-oredered. don't you guys worry about the battery life? or just don't care.
    03-22-11 11:04 PM
    for those who have already pre-oredered. don't you guys worry about the battery life? or just don't care.
    No i'm not worrying.

also, whocaresit banned !!!! woot party at my house!
    03-22-11 11:08 PM
    i think battery life will be fine, im sure anyone on the fence that saw a time they didnt like would simply cancel their pre-order so it wouldnt be an issue.

or (as phil from android central says) "real men plug in" lol, love that phrase
    03-22-11 11:10 PM
    i think battery life will be fine, im sure anyone on the fence that saw a time they didnt like would simply cancel their pre-order so it wouldnt be an issue.

or (as phil from android central says) "real men plug in" lol, love that phrase
    Or dock on the rapid charge dock
    03-22-11 11:12 PM
    3 hr battery life would be pretty crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 08:26 AM
    I think 3hr battery life is unrealistic when the competition is getting 8 to 10 hours. The PB is out to compete and i think powering a 7inch screen vs a 10 one will help if there's some sort of deficit due to multi-tasking.
    03-23-11 08:49 AM
    I have heard RIM is claiming 8-10 hours of video.

I would be happy with 8. If it can run straight movies back to back for 8 hours then it is going to have wonderful battery life for regular use.

Except trans-pacific flights, when will you not be near a charging source anyway at least once every 8 hours?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 09:04 AM
    anyone has firm info about BP's battery life? i don't want to pre-order it until i know BP can run 8-10 hours at least.
    Dude, FYP!

I read it and I can only think about leaking oil........

03-23-11 09:09 AM
    no way will we see anything less than 5-6 hrs with normal use....that kind of news would kill the PB before it ever got to the starting blocks.
    Expect closer to 8hrs and maybe with light use 10 or better.
    I have to think it, like almost every BB product, will give better run times than Apple products do.
    03-23-11 09:35 AM
    check it out. Staples may say somethign for RIM. it says":Battery life: 10 hours with continual use". I would like to believe its true.
    It's easy to find the Office Supplies, Copy Paper, Furniture, Ink, Toner, Cleaning Products, Electronics and Technology you need | Staples�
    03-23-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD