I've just bought my thrid playbook mine, one for my mother and my sister. So I know pretty much everything to do with it, but I was just wondering mine about a year old now and I find my batt. Isn't lasting as long.

What I wanna know is what uses more power using the built in speakers or headphones? If there even is a diff.

And is there any other tips (beside truning off wifi and bluetooth) anyone can share?
    07-27-12 11:59 AM
    Lowering the light level if you can.
    07-27-12 12:26 PM
    just buy a playbook with a broken screen and switch the batteries out a year from now with those ones
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    07-27-12 12:28 PM
    Agree with F2...I don't think the my PlayBook gets great battery life so my screen brightness is always set to the lowest setting.

I don't know if this works as well but I also set all my apps to pause in the background to see if that might help battery life. That's something I just started doing so I couldn't tell u if it helps or not unfortunately...
    07-27-12 12:39 PM
    Agree with F2...I don't think the my PlayBook gets great battery life so my screen brightness is always set to the lowest setting.

I don't know if this works as well but I also set all my apps to pause in the background to see if that might help battery life. That's something I just started doing so I couldn't tell u if it helps or not unfortunately...
    Yes, having the PlayBook pause apps that are not active will save some battery.
    07-27-12 01:02 PM
    Get Battery Guru to give you a report on your power use rate and battery health. Batteries do lose capacity with use. When you can, turn the screen brightness down and set standby and backlight timeouts as short as you can live with. I don't use automatic backlight dimming because it goes off and on in an irritating way.
    07-27-12 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD