Hi All,

I try to install "Blackberry News Apps for Playbook" but got the mnessage that "This item is not supported by your current device profile". How can I rectify this?

Any suggestion from forum members?

Thanks,
    Balu, N
    10-12-11 05:32 AM
    Hmmmm. Tried to recreate your issue but couldn't do it. I'm assuming you were on wifi and trying to install on your Playbook--not your Bold? Just asking cause I see you're new.
    10-12-11 07:33 AM
    Is there a country (copyright) issue with the app? Where do you live?
    10-12-11 08:50 AM
    News app is for America and Canada. To download it use a US based proxy.
    James Nieves likes this.
    10-12-11 10:53 AM
    Hi All,

Understand that BBnews is only for USA and Canada???

i live in India.

BBgards,
    bAlU6seven
    10-12-11 01:06 PM
    Hi! Experiencing OS2 capabilities; awesome
    02-29-12 10:53 AM
    Hi All,

After latest OS updation found no app world as seen attached.

Please hep me to get back the same.

Balu.
    04-23-12 11:15 PM
    App World on the Playbook will not work via phone bridge.

You must have an internet connection to access Playbook App World.

Does that help?

Or do you mean that using a wifi connection you still can't access Playbook App World?
    04-23-12 11:46 PM
    I live in Dubai, and the blackberry news app was part of the latest update and it's working perfectly fine. No proxy was used.
    04-24-12 04:04 AM
    App World on the Playbook will not work via phone bridge.

You must have an internet connection to access Playbook App World.

Does that help?

Or do you mean that using a wifi connection you still can't access Playbook App World?
    Thanks for your reply.

I have Internet connection and used app world for playbook extensively. After I updated to the current new version OS I restored my earlier backup since my playbook unit is replaced by RIM as HDMI Port issues. This problem seen by me only after restoring the backup yesterday and I am not sure whether this is due to OS update or any backup-restore issue.

Also I had some android apps loaded earlier after OS2 updating but no jailbreaking done. Most of those application now not found in my playbook.

Seem strange and I am trying to recover the app world.

Thanks Balu
    04-24-12 05:17 AM
    Hello, I recently downloaded an app "IP Cam Viewer 10" for my playbook from BB Appworld, by paying Indian Rupee 185INR. But it is found not working; A black screen appears with BB symbal beneath which shown a message "Initializing, Please wait". after some 1 or 2 minutes, it comes to home screen. i hope this is android based apps and not working for current latest OS2.0.1.358. Please clarify why there are apps which does not work in Playbook and we are loosing money???? or else what I have to do? I have read in some forums that to downgrade to OS 2.0 (first version of OS2.0).
    05-17-12 01:36 PM
    I just pasted the mesages intended to send to BB offical support forums but can't do that due to some error mesage from BB website. Also attached the screen shot shown in my PB while invoking the IP Cam Viewer app.
    05-17-12 01:48 PM
    I just pasted the mesages intended to send to BB offical support forums but can't do that due to some error mesage from BB website. Also attached the screen shot shown in my PB while invoking the IP Cam Viewer app.
    Maybe your Glorious Government is protecting you from the evils of the Western World. It sounds as though your problems began after you restored the backup to the tablet. What type of restore did you perform - full or selective? Try a security wipe and do not restore anything until you have a properly working BlackBerry PlayBook first. Then we can help you restore from the backup if you provide more details.
    05-17-12 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD