We recently added my playbook to the enterprise with balance.

My device was set up personally 1st then the balance/work account added later.

My problem is that all personal email attachments do not display. However they display for work emails. I have adjusted the settings to auto or manual download images and that hasn't resolved the issue.

Any other suggestions? If its an it policy thing, please let me know the setting to change and I will forward to my it group.

I work at a large Canadian bank and they don't want any personal or work commingling of data at all.
    03-28-13 12:38 AM
    Anyone?
    Someone must know.
    03-28-13 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry said additional IT policy settings will be forthcoming eventually. There are known issues with the current implementation of BlackBerry Balance for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and BlackBerry 10 smartphones as well as with BlackBerry PlayBook tablets. After two years of development you'd expect better from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 08:59 PM
    We recently added my playbook to the enterprise with balance.

My device was set up personally 1st then the balance/work account added later.

My problem is that all personal email attachments do not display. However they display for work emails. I have adjusted the settings to auto or manual download images and that hasn't resolved the issue.

Any other suggestions? If its an it policy thing, please let me know the setting to change and I will forward to my it group.

I work at a large Canadian bank and they don't want any personal or work commingling of data at all.

I suppose one question to ask is if the attachments were showing when you first set up the personal side. If the setup was done and then you were given the PlayBook, perhaps there was a policy setting put on your personal side inadvertently.

I'm not part of any IT department so I don't know what tools are at the disposal of such sections to restrict any feature. It would seem odd to block all attachments though. Suspect attachments could be blocked but that is usually set at the firewall or within the corporate e-mail policy settings.

It almost sounds like the PB's OS is not properly set up and could benefit from a wipe and reload.
    03-28-13 09:28 PM
    Yes my PB downloaded images in personal email before. They actually deleted the balance from our bes servers and I deleted the work balance account from my PB and the images came back.

I think the issue lies with the inability to determine where the image is supposed to be saved. Either on personal or work side Of the PB. I often see URL links in bes email will not open in the work browser as it only allows intranet urls to open not external urls.

Probably an it policy issue but would like to see this fixed as this is now the only reason I would have a bb. The ability to use both personal and work flawlesy on one device is critical for my busy life.
    03-28-13 10:03 PM
    No other updates to this? We have z10 on our corporate platform but still a problem with PlayBook. Z10 handles balance without any problems. Just PlayBook won't download images.
    05-23-13 01:04 PM
    Still no update? I have deleted my playbook blance profile, rebooted and reinstalled and this still didn't resolve the problem with my work emails displaying images
    04-10-14 10:12 AM
    I use Balance on my PB too, and have never had any issues like yours. So I can only assume it's within your set up rather than inherent in the tablet.
    04-20-14 07:11 AM
    I have done a complete reset /deletion of the PB and still have the same problem. I think its the IT policy and since the PB is probably only being used by a handful of people at my firm, I doubt this will get resolved.
    04-22-14 11:47 AM