Awesome read Roto! I was ROFLMAO thru this whole thread!

Well done!!

And between CB and my PB, NOTHING gets done around my place..... including SLEEP!

OH! And I have given up on dating, since I much prefer my PB!!
    I know this was posted a while back.. but I think you left out the most important thing about your PB as your man replacement. It only takes 1 stroke to turn it on.

BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry.. it had to be done. Please excuse my inappropriateness...
    02-09-12 11:58 AM
    Am I the only one who's so damn curious to see the PB man-purse pics?

Pics please!!!!!
    OK! LOL As soon as I put some steak and potato stains on it, per poster recommendation.
    02-09-12 12:04 PM
    when i got my 9860 recently, i became more attracted to the 9860 than PB
    stevepar likes this.
    02-09-12 12:07 PM
    Man, this should be featured CB 1st page for a while.
    I loved it.
    But you missed one huge point ... now I'm dreaming of my PB at night ... and even my fairy friends are angry ...
    02-09-12 12:19 PM
    LOL that's a good one. Now the PB screwing with your dreams. That's bad.
    02-09-12 12:29 PM
    Wow InnerChild, if you have two 64s you are going to be messed up! With one at work and one at home, I can't get away from them. BTW, you can READ on the PB too you know LOL
    Yes... sadly I know I could read books on it but the wild call of Angry Birds is just too strong. I was so paranoid about some catastrophic event taking my PB out that I had to buy another one when it went to $299. All the while, my poor Kindle sits idly by with a battery drained from sheer neglect.

It's a sickness but I feel NO shame!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-09-12 12:35 PM
    Love the first post, so true, it never leaves my side.
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-09-12 12:37 PM
    UGH! Here's another downside. I left my PB at home today on accident and it is seriously affecting me. You know that feeling that you get when your child momentarily disappears? You know they are just around a corner or something, but there's that panicky feeling that something worse has happened. Yeah, I'm gonna have that all day. I was scrambling to get going this morning to get to one of our remote offices to setup a webinar. Had a weird feeling that I was forgetting something. Suddenly, 20 minutes down the road and I realize it's not on the seat. Do the panic check around the car, even my pockets. I was tempted to turn back but knew it would make me late. 20 minutes down the road, I get a call that the webinar has been cancelled. It was hard to fight the urge to do the hour roundtrip to go get it.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first day, maybe the second, that I haven't had it with me since I got it... Gonna be a long day.
    rotorwrench and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-09-12 12:53 PM
    I thought that I was alone here. Didn't know they're others like me. We will unite and overcome the bad rap that others have proclaimed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-09-12 01:05 PM
    Classic! Why dont you start to write a novel about how much you "hate" PB???
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-09-12 01:31 PM
    I too have a severe addiction.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-09-12 01:52 PM
    I'm addicted to mine too. When I first got it, my husband complained that I paid more attention to My Girl (the name of my playbook) than I did to him. I carry it everywhere I go, even to the bathroom.
    rotorwrench and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-09-12 02:02 PM
    UGH! Here's another downside. I left my PB at home today on accident and it is seriously affecting me. You know that feeling that you get when your child momentarily disappears? You know they are just around a corner or something, but there's that panicky feeling that something worse has happened. Yeah, I'm gonna have that all day. I was scrambling to get going this morning to get to one of our remote offices to setup a webinar. Had a weird feeling that I was forgetting something. Suddenly, 20 minutes down the road and I realize it's not on the seat. Do the panic check around the car, even my pockets. I was tempted to turn back but knew it would make me late. 20 minutes down the road, I get a call that the webinar has been cancelled. It was hard to fight the urge to do the hour roundtrip to go get it.

I'm pretty sure that this is the first day, maybe the second, that I haven't had it with me since I got it... Gonna be a long day.
    LOL Yeah RIM needs to start offering counceling. Those situations could be very traumatic for some of us
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:15 PM
    I'm addicted to mine too. When I first got it, my husband complained that I paid more attention to My Girl (the name of my playbook) than I did to him. I carry it everywhere I go, even to the bathroom.
    Same here! I take mine into the bathroom every morning to read news feeds while I'm getting ready. I now have to get up 15 minutes earlier every morning, as it was making me late

My gosh, I had no idea it was so widespread! You've actually named yours?! You've got it bad. Look at these posts. It's becoming a pandemic! We need to start a class action suit against RIM. Wait! No good, we'd be cutting off our supply

Edit: Hmmm.. Now that I think about it, that's not a bad idea, naming my PB. Life sucker sounds appropriate.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-09-12 at 03:43 PM.
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-09-12 03:27 PM
    Who is keeping the official list of toxic PlayBooks? We have two more with bathroom germs. Actually three more since mine needs to go on the list.
    No need to keep track: there's a biohazard sensing system inside, involving a clear, nanomolecular coating over all the components which goes "opaque" to a particular band of ultraviolet light when biological material, even in odoriferous form, makes contact.

If you just pop open the back and shine a black light inside while wearing fancy orange sunglasses (like the ones on CSI Miami, for example.. most people think those are Hollywood trickery but they're real!) if you see anything that looks like it's been painted black, it's been "tagged". (That's what alnamvet68 keeps talking about.) Generally you'll want to spray it with vinegar to detoxify it, though make sure you don't get any on the screen or it may etch it permanently.

Little known fact: that coating is one of the first products to come out of the new Quantum Nano-Centre at the U. of Waterloo, founded with money donated by Mike and Ophelia Lazaradis.
    Last edited by peter9477; 02-09-12 at 04:04 PM.
    John.P, scunliffe, kbz1960 and 4 others like this.
    02-09-12 03:58 PM
    That awkward moment when every reply had a like expect yours.
    02-09-12 06:22 PM
    Not afraid to say: my PB fits, with its nice BB case, glasses in their case, PB charger, separate Torch 9850 charger, and 2 power bars in my genuine Parisian (Gerard Henon) man bag. Doc Neutron
    02-09-12 06:29 PM
    That awkward moment when every reply had a like expect yours.
    I'm expecting mine now that you said to. Where is it?

Who is keeping the official list of toxic PlayBooks? We have two more with bathroom germs. Actually three more since mine needs to go on the list.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NygOFsExGMU[/YT]
    02-09-12 06:35 PM
    Good thread! I'm also losing touch because of my PB...

Man, I bought another one today, so that I can give my boss this one. Think that's cool? Like, to give him this one and keep the newer one?

LoL - I don't think he'll mind. He doesn't even know I got him one - i hope he's stoked.

I can't afford anything, so it was going out on a limb for me to spend the 199, even though that's pretty cheap, but... It will be cool, I'm sure he'll be happy.

Here's to hoping! I just started this new technology job, but I've known my boss for a long time prior to working for him, I think he'll like it.

I bought myself this new one, so that my boss can get used to using the playbook until he gets his hsdpa version, whenever that's released.
    cntrydncr223 and rotorwrench like this.
    02-09-12 07:00 PM
    Hahahahahaha....looove it

My wife also said that I pay attention more to my Playbook than her. hehehe.

Great story Rotorrench.
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-09-12 07:47 PM
    ya.. I love my Workbook too (Thats the name i gave mine)
    02-09-12 08:11 PM
    Thank you so much for bringing this out in the open! I knew I couldn't be the only one!
    rotorwrench and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-09-12 08:47 PM
    Great name, workbook, that's what it really is. Mine's a workhorse and I ride it hard
    02-09-12 08:53 PM
    Great read, nice job. Soon they will be opening a PB Anonymous club here in Washington state. Space is limited so please sign up before March 31st.
    02-09-12 09:32 PM
    Don't any of you be getting your pb's pregnant!!!
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-09-12 09:40 PM
284 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD