Heck NO! I wanna see Roto modeling it! Have his wife take the pic..
    ROFLMAO!
    03-13-12 12:02 AM
    Great! Thanks a lot! Just when I thought that was finally slipping into the recesses of CB, you bring it up again. Okay, I promise to show it, on MY timescale! Happy?!!!
    03-13-12 12:22 AM
    *giggle*
    03-13-12 12:30 AM
    And jafobabe giggles all the way long in her head over rotorwrench's posing the murse.
    03-13-12 01:00 AM
    And jafobabe giggles all the way long in her head over rotorwrench's posing the murse.
    And you're no better byul, you're just encouraging her
    coolaide likes this.
    03-13-12 01:07 AM
    Oh snap you got me but it was for a good purpose! And what's the punishment on this?
    Me also doing a awkward posing with you, with a very too pinky-ish murse on your hot photo session?..
    03-13-12 01:14 AM
    are you using the same playbook as i am? there are so few apps, no skype, no flipboard, no native dropbox app, cant install XBMC even when rooted.
    i really dont know what you are using it for? checking emails and surfing the web?
    i cant even use it as a decent slideshow frame, so now its a glorified coaster.
    03-13-12 04:50 AM
    Hark! Tis the voice of wisdom and knowledge I hear? Alas, no, just the squeak of a mouse that doth hate the mirth we share.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 03-13-12 at 10:44 AM.
    hpjrt and jafobabe like this.
    03-13-12 07:41 AM
    Hey Roto!

Still waiting for the MURSE! Where is it..... I want pictures.
    C'mon! I've been waiting for 18 pages already and it's not helping my Crackberry addiction
    rotorwrench and jafobabe like this.
    03-13-12 08:22 AM
    Oh snap you got me but it was for a good purpose! And what's the punishment on this?
    Me also doing a awkward posing with you, with a very too pinky-ish murse on your hot photo session?..
    LOL You can pose if you want, but dude, seriously, I DO NOT POSE!!! And I'll have you know, there is not one splash or speck of pink on MY murse! Maybe a hint of magenta, but NO PINK!
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-13-12 10:28 AM
    I have given up Facebook for my playbook.
    03-24-12 06:21 PM
    Gagging. This is like a Star Trek convention. Most here need to get a life outside PB. It's out of balance. Take up hiking or cycling, but move on to less sedentary hobbies.
    Yawning... Thanks for the unsolicited life coaching based on YOUR assumptions...
    03-24-12 07:57 PM
    Whoosh... a hit and run.. Guess they didn't want to read the whole thread. LOL *shakes head*
    03-24-12 08:00 PM
    Good story. Would love to see your playbook.
    03-24-12 09:14 PM
    so this isn't really the bad side, more of the addicting side. But I do agree with you on spending LOADS of time on it
    03-24-12 09:47 PM
    are you using the same playbook as i am? there are so few apps, no skype, no flipboard, no native dropbox app, cant install XBMC even when rooted.
    i really dont know what you are using it for? checking emails and surfing the web?
    I wonder the same thing. For now, I'm using the PlayBook almost exclusively as a Kindle reader. Other than that, I just occasionally use it for some Asphalt 6 and quick browsing. To those who are addicted to your PB, can you list the things you are doing with it, so that I know how to utilize the tablet more?
    04-02-12 01:54 AM
    I wonder the same thing. For now, I'm using the PlayBook almost exclusively as a Kindle reader. Other than that, I just occasionally use it for some Asphalt 6 and quick browsing. To those who are addicted to your PB, can you list the things you are doing with it, so that I know how to utilize the tablet more?
    Browsing, videos, games, music, email, documents, remote desktop to my PC, reading. Those are my primary activities. This isn't directed at you but might apply to some earlier posts: anyone who doesn't think doing all that for $200 is a great deal is a giant tool.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    04-02-12 05:49 AM
    What do you use your ipad or android for? Only skype all day long? Flipboard? Dropbox? So you video or do cheap international calling via Skype all day, don't know what Flipboard is and don't care and you're constantly uploading and downloading files from Dropbox.
    04-02-12 06:55 AM
    I use it as a metronome and a tuning "fork" when I teach music.
    04-02-12 06:58 AM
    Too funny, but true. I even "had to" get my wife one. She believed it to be the only way we could restore our marriage! My poor iPad just sits there on my desk.......
    04-02-12 07:19 AM
    Originally Posted by Skimpy

What I do on my PlayBook:
    Browsing the web
    Reading library books
    Reading other books
    Keeping track of my gas mileage
    Maintaining my contact information
    Creating calendar appointments (I think it's the best out there for email and contacts)
    Facebook occasionally
    Creating scrapbook photos of my children
    GPS occasionaly
    I keep all my important work files on it
    I connect HDMI to work projector and give presentations, using my BB phone as a remote control
    Access my work website with Citrix Receiver
    Read my Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheet files (yeah I can do that on my home desktop, but now when I'm sitting on the couch checking the TV)
    Watch movies on PB
    Watch movies on TV with PB connected via HDMI
    Browse internet on TV via HDMI and phone remote control
    Online banking
    Use it to tune my guitar since I lost my tuner
    Photos and videos of my children
    Video chat with the few friends who have playbooks

Should I go on?

What I DON'T do on the playbook:
    Play games

What I don't do on my PlayBook that I would like to do:
    Nothing

Children? They want to play games. I bought them iPods.
    kbz1960 and Cracklen like this.
    04-02-12 07:56 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is one great Canadian.
    04-02-12 08:04 AM
    Skimpy, I understand your frustrations. I can't say if the iPad came in a 7in size and brighter screen I would be as obsessed with my PB as I am. Still need core apps as of yet not available.

What I do like about my PB is how I can use the Native Calendar App for my office 365 account. Seamless integration and live syc. Much better than Android Google Calendar. All without the harvesting of email and Calendar details for adverts. Something that concerns me with the ability of a hacker to eventually use these so called keywords to target specific information collected by Google.

If Apple had a 7" iPad with a brighter screen? Try to view iPad in direct sunlight. Now try most Android tabs. PB wins! I can't say I would still be equally obsessed with the PB. Apps are definitely PB weakness. No real invoicing abilities such as Invoice2go, No direct blue tooth printing to portable printers, just to name my gripes.

The OS UI is soooo smooth compared to iOS.

Many compare the multitasking abilities to both Android and iOS. Yes PB rocks on that front. The ability to tell PB how you want your Multitasking to work is the BOMB! Unfortunately not important to me just yet.
    04-02-12 08:29 AM
    Originally Posted by Skimpy

What I do on my PlayBook:
    Browsing the web
    Reading library books
    Reading other books
    Keeping track of my gas mileage
    Maintaining my contact information
    Creating calendar appointments (I think it's the best out there for email and contacts)
    Facebook occasionally
    Creating scrapbook photos of my children
    GPS occasionaly
    I keep all my important work files on it
    I connect HDMI to work projector and give presentations, using my BB phone as a remote control
    Access my work website with Citrix Receiver
    Read my Word, PowerPoint and spreadsheet files (yeah I can do that on my home desktop, but now when I'm sitting on the couch checking the TV)
    Watch movies on PB
    Watch movies on TV with PB connected via HDMI
    Browse internet on TV via HDMI and phone remote control
    Online banking
    Use it to tune my guitar since I lost my tuner
    Photos and videos of my children
    Video chat with the few friends who have playbooks

Should I go on?

What I DON'T do on the playbook:
    Play games

What I don't do on my PlayBook that I would like to do:
    Nothing

Children? They want to play games. I bought them iPods.
    Whats the matter with playing games once and awhile?

also, you do understand that Apps doesn't mean games right? it means programs. As in computer programs that are created to allow you to do things with your device in a simpler and more efficient manner.
    04-02-12 08:52 AM
    Whats the matter with playing games once and awhile?

also, you do understand that Apps doesn't mean games right? it means programs. As in computer programs that are created to allow you to do things with your device in a simpler and more efficient manner.
    ?? What is it that you are asking exactly?

I don't play games because I DON'T WANT TO !! didn't say there was anything wrong with it!!

Of course I know what apps are!! Duhh. The apps I require are accessible with PlayBook. I really do not understand your comments on my post!

I had responded directly to this question ".... can you list the things you are doing with it, so that I know how to utilize the tablet more?"

There can be no right or wrong to my post! It's a statement of what I do and don't do with my playbook!!
    hpjrt and Cracklen like this.
    04-02-12 09:01 AM
284 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD