It was inevitable. Some people are so bitter and miserable that they can't stand seeing others have some fun. Please just ignore it. And any future ones that ooze up also.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-11-12 at 01:57 PM.
    02-11-12 01:54 PM
    Didn't know where to post this and didn't want to start a new thread, but is this pitiful or what? I was doing a little furniture repair this evening and had the PB in the shop with me doing a little CB reading and some browsing between staining sessions, when I got to the nasty part of rubbing and wiping. Well, stain all over my hands and couldn't navigate on the PB, so I bent down and tried using my nose. Not accurate but worked after frustrated attempts. Just as I was thinking to myself how sad this was, man, just put the thing away!! when in walks my wife. She just looks for a moment, shakes her head, rolls her eyes, turns and walks out muttering "I don't even want to know what your doing, don't want to know, you're hopeless" Crap!! She always catches me in situations like that. I need to get rid of this thing.
    02-12-12 11:38 PM
    this is completely worthless
    So is your post.
    02-16-12 07:26 PM
    Didn't know where to post this and didn't want to start a new thread, but is this pitiful or what? I was doing a little furniture repair this evening and had the PB in the shop with me doing a little CB reading and some browsing between staining sessions, when I got to the nasty part of rubbing and wiping. Well, stain all over my hands and couldn't navigate on the PB, so I bent down and tried using my nose. Not accurate but worked after frustrated attempts. Just as I was thinking to myself how sad this was, man, just put the thing away!! when in walks my wife. She just looks for a moment, shakes her head, rolls her eyes, turns and walks out muttering "I don't even want to know what your doing, don't want to know, you're hopeless" Crap!! She always catches me in situations like that. I need to get rid of this thing.
    I saw the whole thing as I was reading. LOL
    jafobabe, I need an LOL button, too!!
    jafobabe and rotorwrench like this.
    02-16-12 07:33 PM
    Too bad we'll never see a picture of that .... but hey, am still patiently waiting for the man-purse pics
    02-16-12 11:17 PM
    I think I will PM his wife to take a pic the next time she catches him being.. well... 'akward' with his PB and have her post it. ROFLMAO!!
    02-16-12 11:20 PM
    I think I will PM his wife to take a pic the next time she catches him being.. well... 'akward' with his PB and have her post it. ROFLMAO!!
    and while you are at it, ask her to fire a couple frames of the man-purse as well.....
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-16-12 11:24 PM
    LOL will do!! Got to have a pic of THAT fersure!!
    02-16-12 11:25 PM
    Don't even think it!! She needs no encouragement. You don't know what happened later. I went inside when I was through and went upstairs to clean up. When I came back down I saw her with the PB, holding it up to the light, changing angles and looking at the screen. "What in the world are you doing?!" I ask. " Checking for tongue marks" she says. (me) "TONGUE MARKS???!! What for??" (her) "Yes, tongue marks. I'm trying to see if you were using your tongue when you were kissing your precious PB. I need to know how serious this is". I told her to keep her day job, not funny.
    02-17-12 12:27 AM
    THAT is TOO Funny Roto! ROFLMAO
    02-17-12 12:33 AM
    Don't even think it!! She needs no encouragement. You don't know what happened later. I went inside when I was through and went upstairs to clean up. When I came back down I saw her with the PB, holding it up to the light, changing angles and looking at the screen. "What in the world are you doing?!" I ask. " Checking for tongue marks" she says. (me) "TONGUE MARKS???!! What for??" (her) "Yes, tongue marks. I'm trying to see if you were using your tongue when you were kissing your precious PB. I need to know how serious this is". I told her to keep her day job, not funny.
    OMG, I can't wait to see what you do with it tomorrow!!
    This is, by far, my most favorite thread.
    Simply precious!!
    02-17-12 12:35 AM
    OMG LMAO Would make a hilarious commercial And just when I thought my sides would finally quit hurting..........

Wooot!!! ROFLMAO! Oh my! I think my ribs are broken! I showed this to my mother and I haven't heard her shriek with laughter like that in a long time Thank you!
    samson47 likes this.
    02-19-12 12:27 AM
    the only feature I truly miss on my PlayBook is a sleep timer. my iPhone spoiled me, and I don't think any non-iOS device has one built in. it's really frustrating!
    02-19-12 12:51 AM
    there is a crappy snack food manufaturer out there called "spunkmeyer" - any guesses as to what the secret ingredient to their white frosting might be?

LMAO
    02-22-12 01:56 PM
    the only feature I truly miss on my PlayBook is a sleep timer. my iPhone spoiled me, and I don't think any non-iOS device has one built in. it's really frustrating!
    what ever did you do prior to having a "sleep timer" - like, what did humanity do before "sleep timers", LMAO

hahahahaha

peace
    02-22-12 01:57 PM
    Too funny but yet so true. RIM would be good to showcase (commercials) the many attributes of Playbook as other tablet users have been too biased to look deeper into Playbook, once they do they will be pleasantly surprised as to the true value to price point available by purchasing the Playbook. Grassroots does have a way though!
    02-22-12 02:11 PM
    Hilarious, don't change anything. Thanks for the humour. This would fit on 2 1/2Men or I love Lucy!
    02-22-12 02:12 PM
    It's very obvious that this forum is not impartial, and except for the troll visits, members here are not sharing the bad side of owning a PB. I will now be truthful and enlighten those that want to know the truth.

First, I have become hated and shunned by my co-workers. First it was due to me owning the first PB in the company, now that most everyone has one or is getting one, it is still because I was the first one to have one in the company, and because my boss is thankful for pushing the idea and brings that fact up often. I now have my own motorcycle parking space and a special dock for my PB. Jealousy. an evil emotion.

My family is now displeased with me because they are now eating crow. With two iPads in the house first and me heralding the attributes of the PB before they bought them, telling them they would be sorry, I am now shunned and ignored. My wife bought one and my daughter is about to get her's, yet they begrudge me running around the house singing the " I told you so" song. What's up with that?

They also say I spend too much time on my PB rather than interacting with them. Duhh! Who wouldn't? I can't help it. Besides, I video chat to my wife all the time, and as soon as my daughter has her's, I'll start talking to her again too.

My friends quit calling me or coming over. They say all I do is talk about my PB. My PB this and my PB that, blah blah blah. I show them videos, I'm always showing them photos, games, and my newest apps. But my favorite is to open up several apps, and while running in the background, start a movie. Hey! I'm trying to help and educate them. My gosh, I'm becoming obnoxious!!!

Some of my ex-motorcycle riding buddies say I'm more interested in riding with my PB than riding with them. Well of course, my PB is always ready to go, is better to look at, keeps me entertained, is more loyal, there when I need it and quiet when I want it to be. When I need directions, I trust it more than them. Who needs friends?

I quit watching my favorite shows, I'm on my PB. I quit reading, I'm on my PB. When I should be sleeping , I'm on my PB. When I should be taking a shower, I'm on my PB. Eating? No time, I'm on my PB. ( good PB diet). Brush my teeth? Hah! PB time. I only go to work now because I can use a PB there.

I'm now catching myself walking up to total strangers and showing them my PB. I follow them and don't stop until I've gotten to the demo movie.

You see? it goes on and on. The PB has ruined my life. It will ruin yours! And I know I'm not the only one!

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

Edit: I have to come clean with it all. The worst I left off. It is so bad I actually made a man purse to carry my PB when it's too warm to carry in my jacket. But I made it out of leather, held it in front of my truck exhaust pipe to get an odor, roughed it up a lot so it looks like I fight a lot or am very adventurous, bought some chewing tobacco, chewed some and spit a little on it (after I got sick) and put some NASCAR and MMA stickers on it. Pretty manly looking if I must say so myself. This PB is ruining me. Thanks RIM!
    Nice commercial for Playbook :
    02-22-12 02:17 PM
    I printed this and posted it at work because I was the first to bring one to work, now four more people own one. They all want a parking spot! LOL
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-23-12 10:22 PM
    All 15 pages? LOL Who will have time to work??!!

This IS the funniest thread I have seen in a very long time.. I do have it bookmarked and am going to save it to a word doc on my PC.
    02-23-12 10:27 PM
    Nice story don't see how it could possibly be true but quite amusing. My PB was gathering dust until 2.0, with more apps I think I will put it to some use. Odd though that I'm running out of space yet barely have any files on it, damn you Gameloft games!
    02-24-12 12:06 AM
    I printed this and posted it at work because I was the first to bring one to work, now four more people own one. They all want a parking spot! LOL
    LOL Don't forget to ask for your own personal dock too.
    02-25-12 02:26 AM
    Oh man, this thread is too funny. And after 17 hours of owning a PlayBook I can already relate
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-25-12 08:20 AM
    I am enjoying the sun on our top terrace. Obviously the PlayBook is with me. My wife noticed my Bold downstairs and asked me if I needed my BlackBerry? I said no thanks, I get my messages on the PlayBook! I love it, I love it, I bloody love this thing. How will I get my life back. This morning, I decided not to take the PB along with me. I received some emails with pictures and automatically went for the "open on my PB" option. God, I was so happy to see it again. And it was only a couple of hours! This is bad!
    rotorwrench and jafobabe like this.
    02-25-12 08:33 AM
    I hate to admit it, but based on some posts here, I believe it's time for professional help
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-25-12 03:01 PM
284 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD