i am not alone. i am not alone. i am not alone :-)
    Says you in response to the voice(s) in your head.
    02-10-12 07:17 AM
    I'm dreading Valentines day. I. have to find a way to stay off of this thing for like 12 hours. I'm only human!!
    I am certain you will be back on top of the tablet sooner than 12 hours on Valentine's Day. Even if you could hold your wife's interest for 12 hours she'd probably be pushing you onto the floor or saying "I have a headache" long before. The BlackBerry PlayBook has the endurance for even the most ardent lover.
    02-10-12 07:25 AM
    I was killing time one day so I decided to bowse around the local Best Buy, while there I sold 3 PB's (your welcome Best Buy) to people who were looking at ipad's. I think the most impressive part is that I whipped mine out and showed it to them, also on the web browser was the Source's website (Lowest price at the time) so that they could price match as well.

I work in a iWorkplace, where PC is a dirty word, which is why it feels so good when I show up their ipads by whipping out my PB, usually hidden in my pants so they do not see it coming.

My latest win was when I proved that my forward facing camera was better then their rear facing one. The icing was I was able to record their reaction whith my PB while they were watching the video on my PB...so I guess I won twice.

(Full Disclosure - Torch (Personal), Curve (Work), a PB (All the time), Unlocked Storm for Travel)
    rotorwrench and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-10-12 08:30 AM
    I am certain you will be back on top of the tablet sooner than 12 hours on Valentine's Day.
    I've got your solution; create one of those cheesy "E-cards" and show it to her by way of the PB. You could even tie a rose to the screen or something

Maybe that front facing camera could provide for some entertaining use as well...
    I'm goin' to h*ll, I know it.
    02-10-12 08:39 AM
    Another thing that I found out, PB is BAD for your pocket!
    I meant, not that it can't fit into you back pocket, it can, but it's hurting your savings!
    Why? Well, got this nice -but underrated- charging pod for PB from CB ( I will support CB as long as I could), and I put it in my office.
    Had a great time with it, charge my PB while playing some good music is fantastic when you're working long hours..
    And one day I bring it home coz of long vacation, and after that, I need to bring it with me from home to the office and vice-versa..
    Now I'm thinking to get another charging pod! Da*n it!

That is a problem. Another is the expense of outfitting everyone in the house with a PB. But if I do, then instead of getting up and going in someone's room to talk to them we can just video chat. Better than having to walk upstairs just to have a conversation with a family member. I just realized, the PB is making me lazy too. It just gets worse
    02-10-12 09:32 AM
    Very cool!

i get the how bad owning a PB can be as a fellow biker here is tip for to consider.

The post may be on this site not sure, I read of a guy who fitted a holder for his PB to his handle bars and now he cruises around on his bike watching movies (not a good idea for me as I have race bike) but if you got a cruiser or any bike with upright bars IMO its a great idea.

Also you should be able to use the GPS and when 2.0 is released a whole lot more too.

Then you will be the first amongst you fellow bikers too and we know that one feels a whole lot better,don't we?

Hope you can make it work.

keep right side up

White9900
    Last edited by White9900; 02-10-12 at 12:13 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-10-12 11:52 AM
    Very cool!

i get the how bad owning a PB can be as a fellow biker here is tip for.

The post may be on this site not sure, I read of a guy who fitted a holder for his PB to his handle bars and now he cruises around on his bike watching movies (not a good idea for me as I have race bike) but if you got a cruiser or any bike with upright bars IMO its a great idea.

Also you should be able to use the GPS and when 2.0 is released a whole lot more too.

Then you will be the first amongst you fellow bikers too and me know that one feels a whole lot better dont we?

Hope you can make it work.

keep right side up

White9900
    Thanks for the compliment. LOL The guy that mounted his PB on his bike was me and I posted photos too But I don't watch movies, I play NFS using the bike to control my car on the screen But I only do it when no traffic is present or if I would be a danger to anyone but myself And I first mounted it to use the GPS and display my topo and road maps, as I do a lot of backcountry riding. Works great!
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-10-12 12:12 PM
    It also turns everyone into a RIM salesman... good or bad.... it happens, LOL. I still want my cut... sold another one as my Aunt saw mine a few weeks back and ordered one earlier this week!
    02-10-12 01:40 PM
    this is completely worthless
    02-10-12 01:44 PM
    It also turns everyone into a RIM salesman... good or bad.... it happens, LOL. I still want my cut... sold another one as my Aunt saw mine a few weeks back and ordered one earlier this week!
    Sold one myself yesterday to a fellow manager. When she saw how I can access our security cameras and told her about the upgrade coming, she had to have one. Score another one for RIM.
    Serkle K and jafobabe like this.
    02-10-12 01:50 PM
    i have owned my playbook for about 2 weeks now. my girlfriend who is not a tech junkie like me. she has always hated touch screen tablets or phones. after i turned her onto the playbook she won't let it down. she loves the hdmi port and the ability to connect the tablet to our 73 inch hdtv. now little does she know we will be video chatting soon as i am buying her, her own playbook for her birthday next month!
    02-10-12 03:00 PM
    The PB may turn you into a salesman but you'll be hated once they find out what owning a PB does to their life
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-10-12 05:52 PM
    This thread made me buy a PB. Thanks.
    02-10-12 06:00 PM
    It's getting so bad for me, that I would want the 'MaidService' App to be availabe on a future update to OS2....

My house has been ignored and nothing gets done around here..
    02-10-12 06:04 PM
    It's getting so bad for me, that I would want the 'MaidService' App to be availabe on a future update to OS2....

My house has been ignored and nothing gets done around here..
    ....and I will get my brother to initiate the Rite of Exorcism for that poor maid, if she even survives the horror.
    rotorwrench and jafobabe like this.
    02-10-12 06:16 PM
    ....and I will get my brother to initiate the Rite of Exorcism for that poor maid, if she even survives the horror.
    Haven't found a maid yet that will take on this mess, that the PB has cause... it just flat out has RUINED my life!
    02-10-12 06:26 PM
    At first I kept scrolling past this thread. Title was too scary. Did not want to read anything bad about PB. Complete denial I guess. Read on. I just have no words. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. But be aware, you are not alone.
    02-10-12 08:49 PM
    I might have connections if your brother is busy
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-10-12 09:00 PM
    how about some truth?

- painfully slow browser, also closes itself randomly
    - all apps close randomly
    - if you actually utilize the multi-tasking function of multiple apps running at a time for over 5 mins, it gives you out of memory errors, try it, play a song, keep battery guru up, keep todays alarm up, then try launching a few tabs and browse a few sites
    - RIM took 2 years to address some, NOT ALL of the MAJOR complaints users have
    - touchscreen hardware issues
    - dead pixel hardware issues
    - dirty camera lenses hardware issues
    - RIM making users jump through hoops to get their 90x free tech support
    - the android launcher is a joke, the back button is used with a leftward bezel swipe, this works like 50% of the time IF your lucky
    - android ported apps are not FULLY functional, id say most apps have a few things missing, since all android devices utilize a back and menu button, if the port did not port over the bezel swipes, it doesnt work, or it works in some areas of the app but not everywhere.
    - magnet rapid charger that stops functioning after a month
    - apps that are free on android cost $$$ on app world....
    - no real 3rd party developers specific to playbook app development, most apps are being ported, and if not, OEM like Netflix will put it on the bottom of their To-Do lists. (why does everything else have netflix app but not playbook, which has been out for 2x years)
    - extremely long boot time, were talking 3-4 mins +
    - if you run into the touchscreen hardware problems like i did, you could potentially have the playbook just perform its own security swipe, mine was freaking out so bad, it was stuck on password attempt 6 out of 10, and if you dont know,if you fail on your 10/10th try it WILL perform a security swipe on the playbook and wipe out EVERYTHING, and you had no control over it because the touchscreen does whatever it wanted to do
    - playbook will turn itself on by itself (plugged into wall completely powered down using like 10x different methods and I would return with my screen on and password prompt showing) it just wont stay off!

now some pros

- decent battery life
    - HDMI out - for anything screen is displaying!!!
    - 2x speakers - for decent stereo sound
    - wifi sharing
    - bezel swipes

This is some truth, 90% of you crackberry users, will defend the playbook and not even address the ongoing QC issues and software related bugs like i just did
    Last edited by FXCLM5; 02-10-12 at 11:53 PM.
    Manic99 likes this.
    02-10-12 11:42 PM
    I'm new here but a long time forum reader. I have been reading and researching these forums since October to help my choice in a tablet. I already own an iPad2, inherited. I bought my PB with confidence last month and LOVE it! I believe I will now get my beautiful 13 year old daughter one. I would like a mirror app, for mid day makeup LOL

I don't usually participate in forums, but after reading and laughing to tears this post and the responses I felt compelled to join and write this. I cannot really say it better than a previous poster so I will gladly repeat it. Rotorwrench, thank you for such a breath of fresh and invigorating air to this forum. It literally not only made my day, it made my week, which had previously been a rough one. I needed this. Not only me, but I have seen so many people have fun with this and one poster even says to have bought a PB due to your post. Two days, over 8000 views and over 500 likes. Great job!

I have said enough, but must say Thank You
    Last edited by waterlilly10; 02-11-12 at 12:30 AM.
    02-11-12 12:17 AM
    As I sit here at 2am reading this story on my PB I can truly relate to it. I was the 1st to order and the 1st to pick mine up at the local Bestbuy. And since day 1 my PB has been a joy to have, I have read all the negative stories about what it does not have or do compared to others. Yet at the same time the PB also has capabilities that others don't have. Earlier I was reading about ipad3 being released soon and I was thinking hmmm this makes 2 new versions since I purchased my PB. People are ranting and raving how they can't wait to get the new ipad. I was thinking I am still happy today as I was the 1st day I brought my PB home.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-11-12 01:10 AM
    how about some truth?

This is some truth, 90% of you crackberry users, will defend the playbook and not even address the ongoing QC issues and software related bugs like i just did
    "Oh boo hoo hoo. My dog bites and he is mean to everyone. Therefore all dogs suck and anybody that likes dogs is delusional."

That is your truth.

My truth is that I've begun taking my pb to work with me. When I'm at home, my Torch and computer sit idle.
    BrizzadMan and rotorwrench like this.
    02-11-12 07:32 AM
    I too have been reading these forums since prior to the release of playbook. I am with AT&T and when after reading many post and articles in these forums only to find out that Bridge capabilities were blocked. But Thanks to Crackberry and its die hard addicts, found a workaround for that, and did not deter me from buying the PB. In fact it made me
    even want it more. After many research and reading of many posts, good and bad, I bought my PB knowing exactly what it was capable of doing. Was not looking for anything extra, was not disappointed. If and when RIM will release the update, then great, makes my PB even better. Each of us have their own reasons in getting the PB. I know I love mine and it has not given me all of the horror stories that I have read here and other threads. My PB have served me well. And it's threads like this one that makes it even more enjoyable.
    02-11-12 09:27 AM
    I keep coming back to the thread for the man-purse pics... am patiently waiting Roto
    02-11-12 10:03 AM
    That's what EVERY OTHER thread is about around here. Thanks for spoiling the fun in this ONE frivolous thread...
    DAnklaud and cntrydncr223 like this.
    02-11-12 10:48 AM
284 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD