It's very obvious that this forum is not impartial, and except for the troll visits, members here are not sharing the bad side of owning a PB. I will now be truthful and enlighten those that want to know the truth.
    You see? it goes on and on. The PB has ruined my life. It will ruin yours! And I know I'm not the only one!

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.
    ROFLMAO

Thank you for the negative headline and the equally negative report on the ruinous effects the BlackBerry PlayBook has wreaked upon your life. For a split second the headline had me thinking you are a troll worthy of a kick under the BlackBerry Bridge. Then as I read the consequences of daily tablet use I wept. I suffer alongside you each day but they say the first step to recovery is admission of one's faults however depraved.
    rotorwrench and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-08-12 09:56 AM
    You just made my morning even better! Thanks for sharing, really got a good laught out of it, especially the part about showing the demo video to strangers LOL
    02-08-12 09:57 AM
    I even went so far as to throw mine away.

But it came back.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 10:18 AM
    Great post OP.....

Had me fooled as well. I laughed so loud that my Siberian Husky thought she had done something wrong and ran under the coffee table to hide!!
    02-08-12 10:18 AM
    The truth shall set you freeeee! Or not.
    Thanks for the laugh!
    P.S
    You got the trolls all happy with that title, then you promptly ruin it for them.
    I like.
    02-08-12 10:20 AM
    i got the same warning from my wife.She couldn't stop complaining.I couldn't give up my PB so i went to the stores and bought another 64gb for her.I got home and boi,she was so upset.I set it up and told her it was hers...she laughed(being sarcastic)

Since Friday,it has been hard to get her away from it.I ate burnt fries yesterday because she was having a conversation with her boss and sorting her work emails at the same time...

I got away with my plan but have landed in more trouble.

PB is the most addictive Tablet......no contest.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 10:20 AM
    I didn't want to read this OP either... but then I recognized your handle and thought, "whaaaat? From THIS guy??" So I did read. Awesome post - so full of truths... made my day
    02-08-12 10:27 AM
    Love the post because it's so true!
    02-08-12 10:29 AM
    You got the trolls all happy with that title, then you promptly ruin it for them.
    I like.
    It must be them giving the thread a low rating. I mean really how could this thread have less then five stars. Maybe some of the posters in this thread could help fix that
    Thanks wrench for the fun read.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 10:33 AM
    Besides, I video chat to my wife all the time, and as soon as my daughter has her's, I'll start talking to her again too.
    this is by far my favorite part in your shunning of the PB!
    02-08-12 10:43 AM
    Now that I finally joined the 20th century by getting wifi @ the house my PB addiction has grown...(streaming music as I get ready for the day...)
    20th century???? LOL You still got a long ways to go. LOL
    02-08-12 10:46 AM
    Hey roto, Valentine's Day is coming, and may I suggest a gift that will get you out of the dog house.....

Gucci Tablet Case....only $450.00

Oh, and to get yourself out of the dog house, there should be a 50% off sale the day after Valentine's on Rite-Aid branded milk chocolates, so make sure to get the wifey a box or two, and I'm sure she'll, well, ummm........
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 02-08-12 at 11:26 AM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 11:08 AM
    it's a tablet war in my job. Two ipads, one PlayBook (mine), one Sony tab... and all we do is see which has the highest score in Angry Birds xD
    BryGuy86 and rotorwrench like this.
    02-08-12 11:19 AM
    Hey roto, Valentine's Day is coming, and may I suggest a gift that will get you out of the dog house.....

Gucci Tablet Case....only $450.00

Oh, and to get yourself out of the dog house, there should be a 50% off sale the day after Valentine's on Rite-Aid branded milk chocolates, so make sure to get the wifey a box or two, and I'm sure she'll, well, ummm........
    LOL Excellent idea! BUT if I spring for that I may not have enough left over for a new BB10 phone and PB2. I have to be realistic you know. Maybe a dark chocolate Reeses and a rapid charger would work.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-08-12 at 05:20 PM.
    02-08-12 11:42 AM
    After 9-10 months of having the PlayBook practically attached to me, I think OS2 will finally allow me to put some distance between me and my PB. But that will only be when I'm using my BB to remote control it...
    02-08-12 11:46 AM
    After 9-10 months of having the PlayBook practically attached to me, I think OS2 will finally allow me to put some distance between me and my PB. But that will only be when I'm using my BB to remote control it...

Ba-dum bum! *rim shot*
    modine likes this.
    02-08-12 11:47 AM
    LOL Excellent idea! BUT if I spring for that I may not have enough left over for. New BB10 phone and PB2. I have to be realistic you know. Maybe a dark chocolate Reeses and a rapid charger would work.
    Rapid charger is for?????????????
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 11:54 AM
    The absolute worst thing about your OP is that it's too hilarious. I must apologize, but I copied and pasted it into an email to my better half... we each have a PB AND a motorcycle... he's sure to die laughing...
    Last edited by modine; 02-08-12 at 12:06 PM.
    02-08-12 12:00 PM
    Dagnabbit, your post is ruining my day, rotor. It's got me in such a tizzy that motorists had better be careful as I pound my wheel in frustration in waiting for my tax refund so that I, too, can know what such misery is like!

*screams*
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-09-12 at 01:17 AM.
    02-08-12 12:11 PM
    On a side note, I feel like there should be an application for the Playbook to run as a car media centre via AUX with a driving-friendly interface. I'd wager it worth investing into more than one Playbook if we could repurpose them for use in the car. RIM should get into the aftermarket head unit business and let us entirely swap out our stock unit with a QNX tablet. I'm well aware that they make integrated units, but imagine the potential for aftermarket swap-ins.
    I already mentioned it to the head guy over at QNX. I just can't find the article on the blog at the moment. Using the PlayBook as a replacement for the HVAC/Media Center is almost a no brainer.

Found it On Q blog by Paul N. Leroux. I guess he's not the "head" guy over at QNX.
    Last edited by LoganSix; 02-08-12 at 12:48 PM.
    02-08-12 12:38 PM
    Too bad, i just got one !
    02-08-12 12:51 PM
    Bravo, bravo, bravo!!!!!!! I applaud you for your bravery in unveiling the truth about the PB! I have a love hang over for my PB "If there is a cure for this I don't want it, I don't want it!"

02-08-12 01:25 PM
    Bravo, bravo, bravo!!!!!!! I applaud you for your bravery in unveiling the truth about the PB! I have a love hang over for my PB "If there is a cure for this I don't want it, I don't want it!"

Click to view quoted image
    LOL Same here. Some misery is worth bearing with
    02-08-12 01:54 PM
    You two should get a room.
    02-08-12 01:55 PM
    Blackberry ruined my life, I can't even watch tv, a movie, go to the gym, sleep or anything without checking my phone or using my Playbook! My wife gets mad because I turn something on tv and she will grab the remote and change it and I will say "i'm watching that" then she brings up the fact that my nose is to the screen of my Playbook..........."well im listening so leave it alone" I say! Lol wouldn't have it any other way though. Great story!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 01:58 PM
284 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD