It's very obvious that this forum is not impartial, and except for the troll visits, members here are not sharing the bad side of owning a PB. I will now be truthful and enlighten those that want to know the truth.

First, I have become hated and shunned by my co-workers. First it was due to me owning the first PB in the company, now that most everyone has one or is getting one, it is still because I was the first one to have one in the company, and because my boss is thankful for pushing the idea and brings that fact up often. I now have my own motorcycle parking space and a special dock for my PB. Jealousy. an evil emotion.

My family is now displeased with me because they are now eating crow. With two iPads in the house first and me heralding the attributes of the PB before they bought them, telling them they would be sorry, I am now shunned and ignored. My wife bought one and my daughter is about to get her's, yet they begrudge me running around the house singing the " I told you so" song. What's up with that?

They also say I spend too much time on my PB rather than interacting with them. Duhh! Who wouldn't? I can't help it. Besides, I video chat to my wife all the time, and as soon as my daughter has her's, I'll start talking to her again too.

My friends quit calling me or coming over. They say all I do is talk about my PB. My PB this and my PB that, blah blah blah. I show them videos, I'm always showing them photos, games, and my newest apps. But my favorite is to open up several apps, and while running in the background, start a movie. Hey! I'm trying to help and educate them. My gosh, I'm becoming obnoxious!!!

Some of my ex-motorcycle riding buddies say I'm more interested in riding with my PB than riding with them. Well of course, my PB is always ready to go, is better to look at, keeps me entertained, is more loyal, there when I need it and quiet when I want it to be. When I need directions, I trust it more than them. Who needs friends?

I quit watching my favorite shows, I'm on my PB. I quit reading, I'm on my PB. When I should be sleeping , I'm on my PB. When I should be taking a shower, I'm on my PB. Eating? No time, I'm on my PB. ( good PB diet). Brush my teeth? Hah! PB time. I only go to work now because I can use a PB there.

I'm now catching myself walking up to total strangers and showing them my PB. I follow them and don't stop until I've gotten to the demo movie.

You see? it goes on and on. The PB has ruined my life. It will ruin yours! And I know I'm not the only one!

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

Edit: I have to come clean with it all. The worst I left off. It is so bad I actually made a man purse to carry my PB when it's too warm to carry in my jacket. But I made it out of leather, held it in front of my truck exhaust pipe to get an odor, roughed it up a lot so it looks like I fight a lot or am very adventurous, bought some chewing tobacco, chewed some and spit a little on it (after I got sick) and put some NASCAR and MMA stickers on it. Pretty manly looking if I must say so myself. This PB is ruining me. Thanks RIM!
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-08-12 at 01:02 AM.
    02-07-12 11:20 PM
    WIN!
    10chars
    SambaFlex likes this.
    02-07-12 11:22 PM
    I wanna see your bike with the PB.

Cool Story... something similar happened with my dad... I got the PB in the Family first... then he got one... and then 3 colleages from work were interested in getting one... unfortunately my dad sold his pb to one of his coworkers... He's gonna regret it soon...
    02-07-12 11:25 PM
    Hahaha nice. Yeah PB is definitely making my computer jealous.
    02-07-12 11:27 PM
    OMG, that's too funny!!
    I was dreading opening it, due to the title.
    But I saw your name (one I respect and admire), so I said, I better see what this is about.
    Opened it up and saw all the words.
    OMG, I thought.
    A rant??
    Can't be.
    No, really.
    I like this guy.
    Doesn't seem the type.
    But LOOK at the title.
    OMG, I can't believe it.
    What happened??
    And all those words....
    Better read the first paragraph.

Pretty soon, I woke my dogs with my LOL.
    They're looking at me like, "what's wrong with you?"

That's pretty funny (and clever).
    Thanks for sharing all the bad things no one will tell you.

Too, too, cute.
    02-07-12 11:27 PM
    this is the sad and brutal truth. he's broken the silence.

one of my coworkers asked me if I was sure i didnt actually work for rim.

i showed him my contact card on my PB to reassure him. then pointed out how that was all via bridge. and there were so many other cool things I could do in addition. Then I tried to show him the demo video. and that's when they tackled me.
    02-07-12 11:34 PM

Cool Story... something similar happened with my dad... I got the PB in the Family first... then he got one... and then 3 colleages from work were interested in getting one... unfortunately my dad sold his pb to one of his coworkers... He's gonna regret it soon...
    I posted pics a while ago
    02-07-12 11:35 PM
    this is the sad and brutal truth. he's broken the silence.

one of my coworkers asked me if I was sure i didnt actually work for rim.

i showed him my contact card on my PB to reassure him. then pointed out how that was all via bridge. and there were so many other cool things I could do in addition. Then I tried to show him the demo video. and that's when they tackled me.
    Thank you for being truthful. It's for the best and will help others.
    Willard814 and mzceetee like this.
    02-07-12 11:37 PM
    On a side note, I feel like there should be an application for the Playbook to run as a car media centre via AUX with a driving-friendly interface. I'd wager it worth investing into more than one Playbook if we could repurpose them for use in the car. RIM should get into the aftermarket head unit business and let us entirely swap out our stock unit with a QNX tablet. I'm well aware that they make integrated units, but imagine the potential for aftermarket swap-ins.
    02-07-12 11:38 PM

So, you kept your pb? I recall a discussion of ipad v. pb a bit ago.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-07-12 11:49 PM
    Great post.
    I had a iFriend that came to my house, by iFriend i mean iPad, apple tv and iPhone owner. On the three hours that we passed together, half was either him experimenting with my PB or talking about it. He was impressed. Now imagine the possibilities when 2.0 will be on it.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-07-12 11:50 PM
    Awesome post! Made me laugh! Sadly its the truth my PlayBook is attached to me!
    02-08-12 12:01 AM
    OK, where were posts like this one when I was about to get my first playbook?
    All I found back then was no Skype, no mail client, no calendar... Blah blah blah.... RIM is dead...blah blah blah...

Now it's too late. Now i'm not using mine only when it recharges...then, I'm using my other one.

Thanks for this post. It might be late for most of us, but at least the others will know the real truth.

Sent from my Playbook
    02-08-12 12:17 AM
    So, you kept your pb? I recall a discussion of ipad v. pb a bit ago.
    Turns out, it wasnt an ipad2, but rather some android crap by viewsonic.... ouf course i kept my PB. Having trouble selling that thing.
    02-08-12 12:51 AM
    Funny thing is iwn a lot of the leading gadgets, and the PB is the one i take around with me the most, I have a friend who works for RIM and she's always really happy to see me whip it out, play with it and show it off to people, the Playbook that is.
    02-08-12 01:20 AM
    OMG, that's too funny!!
    I was dreading opening it, due to the title.
    But I saw your name (one I respect and admire), so I said, I better see what this is about.
    Opened it up and saw all the words.
    OMG, I thought.
    A rant??
    Can't be.
    No, really.
    I like this guy.
    Doesn't seem the type.
    But LOOK at the title.
    OMG, I can't believe it.
    What happened??
    And all those words....
    Better read the first paragraph.

Pretty soon, I woke my dogs with my LOL.
    They're looking at me like, "what's wrong with you?"

That's pretty funny (and clever).
    Thanks for sharing all the bad things no one will tell you.

Too, too, cute.

You are a cold person. You dare make light of the downward spiral of my life at the hands of an electronic device? I'm trying to help others by being honest and forthcoming, which no one else has seen fit to do, yet you laugh?! Shame on you!!!
    cntrydncr223 and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-08-12 01:25 AM
    I just got my PB. I now need the USB drip adapter =p.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-08-12 01:33 AM
    had me going with the title..

fantastic read
    Willard814 and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-08-12 02:06 AM
    This is a very nice write-up btw!

I have a friend who works for RIM and she's always really happy to see me whip it out, play with it and show it off to people, the Playbook that is.
    ^^^^
    I literally LOL'D at this! Classic

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Willard814 and waterlilly10 like this.
    02-08-12 02:14 AM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Playbook 2.0 is going to really raise the bar! .. can't wait!!! ....
    02-08-12 02:33 AM
    You got us! Went from frown to smile
    02-08-12 02:39 AM
    There is nothing better then a good morning laugh! Especially, when you laugh that bad when taken by surprise, expecting something totally different by reading the subject :-)
    02-08-12 03:22 AM
    Rough life, I feel for ya man. Hope it gets better.
    Willard814 and rotorwrench like this.
    02-08-12 04:56 AM
    That was epic. Very well written and thought out, not to mention da*n funny
    I never leave home without mine, I just can't not to mention it and the 9930 combo have all but wiped out the need to ever sit down at a tower and monitor again. Still, since I don't really have friends and work a sh*t job that doesn't care about technology, I don't see the PB making anything crumble around me anytime soon
    02-08-12 04:57 AM
    LMAO, this is hilarious :-)
    02-08-12 05:05 AM
284 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD