I'm facing a problem with my PlayBook. The microphone doesn't work. I video called someone, and they said all they heard was a static noise. So I recorded a voice note to see, and it turns out, the microphones are not working. I then restored it using the debrick method to see if it was a firmware problem, but it's not.

Anyone know what the problem may be, or can someone please give me the number to call RIM (Canada) for a replacement unit otherwise?

Thanks.
    Have_a_nice_day likes this.
    08-11-12 01:45 PM
    Unknown how to fix problem but the contact information is in CrackBerry. Just type in what you need and you will find it.
    08-11-12 06:29 PM
    This is a known defect in some (very few) Playbook models. You're gonna need to call RIM and work with customer service they should replace is free of charge, I had a friend whose playbook has the same exact issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-11-12 06:41 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    08-11-12 08:42 PM
    I also have a cracked screen, but that happened a couple of months ago. The microphone problem started a couple of days back. The RMA department said that even though only the microphone needs a repair, they'll refuse to repair it if I dont pay for the screen. I told them I dont need the screen repaired and that the microphone problem isn't from dropping the problem. He said that they just wont start a repair until the screen is paid for by me, because other wise when I receive the playbook back, I could say that they caused the crack, and that they have to fix it. Now why would i do that, and wouldn't they have it noted that the screen was already cracked?
    08-11-12 09:15 PM
    how much did they say it would cost to replace the cracked screen? Why not just pay it?

I have a small scratch on my screen and it really bugs me. A crack would drive me nuts!
    08-11-12 09:18 PM
    I imagine it wouldn't cost that much considering that the Playbook itself really doesn't cost that much. If it's close to a 3 digit number I would just get a new one and use the other one as a backup /spare. Sorry your in this situation I would probably be upset too.
    08-12-12 01:22 AM
    They're saying that they don't know for sure until they look at it, but it will be $99 or more. Why would they not know for sure if all they're basically doing is replacing the screen. Nothing fancy. I also do have a second playbook Protect it like a child.
    08-12-12 02:46 AM
    They're saying that they don't know for sure until they look at it, but it will be $99 or more. Why would they not know for sure if all they're basically doing is replacing the screen. Nothing fancy. I also do have a second playbook Protect it like a child.
    I'm in the nyc area and cellular stores around here are all over the place and I've seen at least a dozen that advertise fixing broken screens on everything from your phone to laptops might be worth looking into in your area good luck.
    08-12-12 01:00 PM
    To get into the Playbook you have to lift out the screen, as everything attaches to it. Maybe they are afraid that if they try to open it the screen will fall apart. I would go ahead and agree to pay for the screen, with the understanding that if a new one is near the repair cost they can keep the old one. Just back it up before you send it off.
    08-12-12 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD