sad day :-(
    got this today.
    Your order was canceled due to an invalid IBM promo code used when placing your order. The IBM code will not be honored. You will have to place a new order online or contact our Customer Service at 888-805-6789 for assistance. We do apologize for the inconvenience with this matter.

Thanks,

Mary G
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com
    01-30-12 07:22 PM
    And so it begins....
    01-30-12 07:25 PM
    Update for Case #233624 - "my order"

Dear Marcel Hopkins:

Your order SBB991885203136 was canceled due to an invalid IBM promo code used when placing order. The 64gb playbook is $299. If you want to continue with your order please place a new order online or call customer service at 888-805-6789 for assistance. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Mary G
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com
    01-30-12 07:30 PM
    sad day :-(
    got this today.
    Your order was canceled due to an invalid IBM promo code used when placing your order. The IBM code will not be honored. You will have to place a new order online or contact our Customer Service at 888-805-6789 for assistance. We do apologize for the inconvenience with this matter.

Thanks,

Mary G
    Order Support
    ShopBlackberry.com
    auditman did you place your order on January 26th? I feel bad for your wife now oand her valentines day present
    01-30-12 07:30 PM
    auditman did you place your order on January 26th? I feel bad for your wife now oand her valentines day present
    I did jan 26 sometime in the evening. I'll just go buy it buy one @ staples. The fun continues. Thx!!!
    01-30-12 08:03 PM
    Maybe the code was only supposed to be for the US....
    01-30-12 08:38 PM
    Maybe the code was only supposed to be for the US....
    I believe the original poster of the promo was from Canada, also one other person who posted on RFD has got a shipping notification and posted the information etc was also from Canada. It is kind of strange some seem to be coming through .
    01-30-12 08:40 PM
    My bank account shows the money to be withdrawn tomorrow. It was on hold all this time. This may or may not mean anything...
    memert likes this.
    01-30-12 08:43 PM
    My cc was showing the same thing. But it was still canceled.
    01-30-12 08:54 PM
    My cc was showing the same thing. But it was still canceled.
    This is stressful
    01-30-12 09:14 PM
    That's ok. If "IBM" doesn't go through, will just hold onto current 16gb got last Dec. and wait for new offerings from RIM. Apparently, some interesting tablets coming from them in 2012.
    01-30-12 09:54 PM
    The situation doesn't make too much sense. Some people are reporting their order went through and some are reporting their item was cancelled. Someone mentioned their customer service said that orders placed on the 26th will be honored, and someone else says customer support said the promo was never valid.

Is it better to try to just fly under the radar with this one and hope it goes through or call customer service?
    Last edited by buchacho; 01-30-12 at 10:49 PM. Reason: mistake
    01-30-12 10:10 PM
    Guys - I placed an order for a 64gb PB with the ibm code at 9:30 pm on the 26th. Today, when I logged in to my shopblackberry account, the order status was at 'order received' or something to that effect. I called the 866-957-0761 number and was actually connected in a couple of minutes. A very helpful and articulate (surprising) woman told me that my shipping address was not verified, and that I needed to confirm that with her. I did, and she said it will be shipped out tomorrow the 31st. I've refreshed the order status about an hour after the phone conversation, and it now says 'In Fulfillment'. My CC has not been charged yet, so I still don't know if I'm getting one or not. Keep my fingers crossed and all that, but yanno...
    01-30-12 10:11 PM
    The situation doesn't make too much sense. Some people are reporting their order went through and some are reporting their item shipped. Someone mentioned their customer service said that orders placed on the 26th will be honored, and someone else says customer support said the promo was never valid.

Is it better to try to just fly under the radar with this one and hope it goes through or call customer service?
    Some say if you call in it will red flag it. Anyways when I called in the CSR offered to speed up the shipping process, I later called and cancelled only because i was too impatient to wait. Anyways its your call but as you can see the other poster here called and seemed to get some help. I called them a few times in my ordering process and not one rep said anything about the IBM code not going through unless it was not used the day of. I don't really know what is going on with people's orders maybe it depends on the CSR you speak to?
    01-30-12 10:33 PM
    If I see no change tomorrow I will call as well to see what's up.
    01-30-12 11:25 PM
    just got the dreaded offer not valid email aswell! ohwell was worth a shot!!!
    01-31-12 12:30 AM
    Thank you for your order however, you have used a promotion code which was not the intended purpose of the promotion and violated the terms of the promotion. The promotion code "IBM" was only valid for IBM employees.
    01-31-12 12:41 AM
    Hi everyone, even though I called and cancelled my order since I took advantage of Staples PB sale and 10% off I still got an email from Shop BB. I guess the CSR gave me the wrong info on the phone about "honouring" the promotion. Here is the email for your information:

Thank you for your order SBBCA916921296xx however, you have used a promotion code which was not the intended purpose of the promotion and violated the terms of the promotion. The promotion code "IBM" was only valid for IBM employees. We would like to offer you one of the following two options:

1) Place a new order online taking advantage of new promotional rates. No action is necessary in order to cancel your current order, it will be cancelled automatically.
    2) Call customer service and reorder the playbook at the new promotional price. If you wish to do this please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 to let them know you would like to take advantage of the current promotion.

Please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 if you have any questions. If you do not reorder online or contact the call center by the end of the day on 2/4 we will assume you wish to cancel your order.

Regards,
    ShopBlackberry Customer Service
    Last edited by p90xdiva; 01-31-12 at 11:30 AM.
    01-31-12 12:41 AM
    I just got the same exact message just now. That was the second message I got today.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 12:46 AM
    This is total BS, this stinks! IBM employees can get their own damn tablet. Oh never mind, I guess it's Lenovo now.
    yup. Im glad i went to Staples this past weekend and bought a 64 for $299 less 10% as I just received an email with the same message. Oh well. We tried.
    just got the dreaded offer not valid email aswell! ohwell was worth a shot!!!
    Same here. Ordered early afternoon-ish on the day it was posted here (well before it was posted to slickdeals). Once again, big thanks to the POS who posted it on slickdeals without permission from the original poster here. Can pretty much guarantee that is why these orders are being cancelled.
    01-31-12 12:49 AM
    And how do they know who is or is not an IBM employee?
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-31-12 12:59 AM
    I wonder how many orders they received. Hmmm...
    01-31-12 01:03 AM
    maybe we should email back tell them we are ibm employees. hehehehe

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 01:20 AM
216 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD