they are a bunch of fools (SBB) in fact i am initiating legal proceeding against them here in india.

RIM should outsource it to some other company they are just adding to the problems of rim maybe they are on take from competition.
    ralfyguy and fj_cruiser like this.
    01-29-12 08:48 PM
    No offence, Gupta, but there's enough outsourcing in this world. It's nice a Canadian company is still a Canadian company and I can comprehend what they're saying when I call them.

I ordered within the timeframe. I'll wait until I hear different about the order. I also went to Staples yesterday and took advantage of the 10% off coupon so $269 for a 64. I'll still wait before cancelling anything though.

As someone else mentioned... my Amex was rejected at first and the fraud protection division called me right away. Interesting.
    Last edited by smurph; 01-29-12 at 09:04 PM.
    01-29-12 09:01 PM
    what is the difference between a credit card being pre-charged and a full on charge? Is a pre-charge binding?
    There is no such thing as pre-charged with credit cards. A cc transaction is "authorized" at time of order entry (meaning funds are frozen on ur credit limit) and the charge goes thru upon delivery and billing and AFTER the merchant "settles" the "authorized" transaction.

Transactions such as e-checks (direct debit) are the only ones that are actually pre charged (meaning debit instructions sent to ur bank/account via ACH regardless of the status, whether the merchant has delivered the goods/services or not; and when done right, its legal in the US).

Edit: A credit card "authorization" is not binding... for the credit account holder it means that the portion of authorized credit (banks call it pending or temp transactions) are not available as part of your remaining credit limit; for merchants, they need to "settle" the auth in a certain time frame. I believe the latest rules are 7 days for Visa/Master and I guess the Amex CAPN platform will still settle a transaction in 30 days (that was the limit a few years ago). Although, the Vital/TSYS and even Chase-Paymentech in US as well as Canada will settle an authorized Visa/MC transaction past the 7 days limit if the original auth is submitted (technically by that time the auth should be expired but I think they still honor it for big merchants... not sure though).

On a side note, does anyone know if RIM does any "direct" online retail sales to customers globally (not through a third party but RIM themselves)?
    Last edited by fj_cruiser; 01-29-12 at 09:27 PM.
    01-29-12 09:04 PM
    No offence, Gupta, but there's enough outsourcing in this world. It's nice a Canadian company is still a Canadian company and I can comprehend what they're saying when I call them.

I ordered within the timeframe. I'll wait until I hear different about the order. I also went to Staples yesterday and took advantage of the 10% off coupon so $269 for a 64. I'll still wait before cancelling anything though.

As someone else mentioned... my Amex was rejected at first and the fraud protection division called me right away. Interesting.
    i am not talking about problem with RIM, i mean the problem is with globalware solutions the company to whom it has been outsourced.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-29-12 09:21 PM
    It looks like it is there in clause 3, 'Accuracy of Information'. They can change prices without notice and charges.

For good business practice and customer relations, if Shop BlackBerry isn't going to accept the promo code, that is ok by me but they should notify the customer and offer order cancellation or acceptance of the adjusted price before shipping and charging your credit card.

Otherwise, the return policy is also clear: if the item is returned unopened within 30 days from the shipment date, a full refund is given. Return shipping is the buyers cost.

That's what I will do if the PB is shipped to me without the discount.
    If it turns out badly and you want to return, just refuse the package at delivery to save on return expenses.
    Last edited by RF8655; 01-29-12 at 09:44 PM.
    01-29-12 09:23 PM
    Hope we hear something from sbb tomorrow. Then will know the next move. Staples still have the 10% off so that will be my next move.
    01-29-12 09:30 PM
    Oh I can relate to the days of $20 - $30 having an impact. . Hopefully everything works out for her.

As far as I know, Staples had the 10% for just Friday/Saturday - a customer appreciation coupon. At noon on Saturday only one of 17 staples had any stock left. So I put two on hold and motored down to get them.

As much as I have been a 'fan boy', the PB really does work well for my main uses. Movies and Kijiji . At least I won't wait in line again for an iPad on opening day!

So sit back, pour a drink and wait for Monday morning to see what happens.
    01-29-12 09:41 PM
    Just checked my order at SBB online account and credit card pending charge for "IBM" 64gb. Both still show $239.20. Keeping fingers crossed.
    01-29-12 09:43 PM
    If it turns out badly and you want to return, just refuse the package at delivery to save of return expenses.
    Not so easy... I placed an order for a 32GB on Dec 31st (last day when they were $249) but had to "refuse delivery", as advised by SBB, because everything went to $299 on Jan 1st...and obviously I wanted a 64GB (am talking about the US store). So I placed another order for a $299 64GB, with the same card that I have placed my past orders on SBB, and it got "stuck" in their system despite my card being "authorized" for the amount. Then somehow that too went into "shipped" status (no notice)....

Bottom line, I have "refused delivery" of TWO SBB orders... (both came via USPS) and its been about 3 weeks, and I dont know where the PBs are, nor does SBB, and ofcourse you cant expect the USPS to have any clue LOL... so am still waiting....

If it doesnt sort out in a couple more weeks, I will dispute the charges with my card company (Amex) and let effin SBB deal with that $hit then...
    01-29-12 09:44 PM
    Just checked my order at SBB online account and credit card pending charge for "IBM" 64gb. Both still show $239.20. Keeping fingers crossed.
    If the pending transaction (or auth) is for $239.20, then SBB, the merchant, cannot legally settle (charge it) for more than that without attempting another authorization on the card (if permitted/covered in their store terms/conditions and acknowledged by you, the customer). Or they are looking at a lawsuit... (or a whole bunch of "disputed" transactions).
    01-29-12 09:49 PM
    i am not talking about problem with RIM, i mean the problem is with globalware solutions the company to whom it has been outsourced.
    Yeah, its already outsourced and to a $hitty company....
    01-29-12 09:51 PM
    Not so easy... I placed an order for a 32GB on Dec 31st (last day when they were $249) but had to "refuse delivery", as advised by SBB, because everything went to $299 on Jan 1st...and obviously I wanted a 64GB (am talking about the US store). So I placed another order for a $299 64GB, with the same card that I have placed my past orders on SBB, and it got "stuck" in their system despite my card being "authorized" for the amount. Then somehow that too went into "shipped" status (no notice)....

Bottom line, I have "refused delivery" of TWO SBB orders... (both came via USPS) and its been about 3 weeks, and I dont know where the PBs are, nor does SBB, and ofcourse you cant expect the USPS to have any clue LOL... so am still waiting....

If it doesnt sort out in a couple more weeks, I will dispute the charges with my card company (Amex) and let effin SBB deal with that $hit then...
    This is disturbing to say the least. Package refusal is normally pretty standard. Something weird is going on, and I hope it's not SBB ineptitude. You're correct to consider contacting your cc company to initiate disputing the charges.
    01-29-12 09:51 PM

This store (SBB) is already outsourced to a $hitty company.... and I care about the service; if the service is right the first time, then I don't have to worry about their accents and how they sound...
    01-29-12 09:57 PM
    Not alot of $$ for some but for a student, $20 can be $20
    Tru dat! We all been there...
    01-29-12 10:03 PM
    This is disturbing to say the least. Package refusal is normally pretty standard. Something weird is going on, and I hope it's not SBB ineptitude. You're correct to consider contacting your cc company to initiate disputing the charges.
    I have a "ticket" open with SBB customer no-service.... and they said that I need not be worried as the funds will be credited back to my credit-account as soon as they receive the packages back.

The funny part is that one of the pacakges has passed through the Atlanta USPS processing facility and the Boston processing facility about a dozen times back and forth over the last 2-3 weeks (not sure where its now) and the second package shows no signs of life whatsoever with the USPS tracking link returning nothing... LOL

So now, is it my responsibility that the packages are not back yet at the SBB warehouse? If I had known, I would have paid outta pocket and used some UPS/FedEx ground service to return... but I am sure my calls to SBB are recorded and I had my building concierge "refuse" the delivery so that's on camera too if SBB wants to mess with me
    01-29-12 10:14 PM
    If you refused delivery they won't have any proof of you receiving it coz obviously there won't be signature that you accepted the package. And if they charge your cc you can easily dispute it.
    01-29-12 10:19 PM
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have spoken to Shop Blackberry. What the representative told me is that everyone who used the IBM code the day of the sale will get the promotional price. According to him it is those who used the code AFTER the sale who will not have it honoured. For example when I was on RFD it was past midnight in Toronto and people in Toronto were still ordering PB with the IBM code yes it was being confirmed but it was technically the day after the promotion. I think their promotion may have only been meant for the $299 price.

I was worried about shipping notification and had them rush the process, but still ended up cancelling for a few reasons. I do know one person in Toronto who ordered at 3pm the day of the promotion and got a shipping notification. I ordered the morning of the promotion and got no notification just like most of you. I just decided to get mine at Staples at the 10% promo I could not be without a playbook that is why I cancelled. Anyhow I think the promo should be fine if you ordered it at the right time.

I think after they put the PB at 199, 249, 299 they were not taking into consideration that the IBM promo was still working. I know back in Nov/Dec they had issues with their free shipping and there is pages and pages of angry customers on the internet. But they did come through and say they will HONOUR everyone's order. I am sure they will honour everyone this time too. I just don't know if they will honour the IBM promotion for the day after when the promotion had ended.
    01-29-12 10:26 PM
    Also forgot to add one thing I found on RFD:

Originally Posted by Hellfire
    The IBM promo code was never valid to begin with the reason why the order was in a pending authorization hold.

Miguel E.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com

Even though that was sent by SBB I know there were people that still received shipment notifications so lets see what happens...
    01-29-12 10:28 PM
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have spoken to Shop Blackberry. What the representative told me is that everyone who used the IBM code the day of the sale will get the promotional price. According to him it is those who used the code AFTER the sale who will not have it honoured. For example when I was on RFD it was past midnight in Toronto and people in Toronto were still ordering PB with the IBM code yes it was being confirmed but it was technically the day after the promotion. I think their promotion may have only been meant for the $299 price.

I was worried about shipping notification and had them rush the process, but still ended up cancelling for a few reasons. I do know one person in Toronto who ordered at 3pm the day of the promotion and got a shipping notification. I ordered the morning of the promotion and got no notification just like most of you. I just decided to get mine at Staples at the 10% promo I could not be without a playbook that is why I cancelled. Anyhow I think the promo should be fine if you ordered it at the right time.

I think after they put the PB at 199, 249, 299 they were not taking into consideration that the IBM promo was still working. I know back in Nov/Dec they had issues with their free shipping and there is pages and pages of angry customers on the internet. But they did come through and say they will HONOUR everyone's order. I am sure they will honour everyone this time too. I just don't know if they will honour the IBM promotion for the day after when the promotion had ended.
    This is good to hear. Thanks much for sharing this hopeful news. It would hurt SBB reputation if they didn't honor their own promo code within the stated valid time.

BTW, I checked Staples (U.S.) PB prices online. They're $699 for the 64gb, and $299.50 for the 16gb. But I see Staples (Canada) has the exact same pricing as SBB.
    01-29-12 10:45 PM
    This is good to hear. Thanks much for sharing this hopeful news. It would hurt SBB reputation if they didn't honor their own promo code within the stated valid time.

BTW, I checked Staples (U.S.) PB prices online. They're $699 for the 64gb, and $299.50 for the 16gb. But I see Staples (Canada) has the exact same pricing as SBB.

Yes and because there were problems at the end of 2011 it even was reported to the media and the Globe & Mail ran an article, of course that problem was more about cancellations and some other deal not this promotion. So I am sure they will honour everything. I read a bit on it here: Shop Blackberry Canceling Orders For Playbooks :\ - Page 4 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

According to what i read Shop Blackberry released messages saying they will work with everyone and everyone would receive their items, so I am sure if anything happens this time it will work out the same way. They will not risk their reputation. And the person I spoke with on the phone was certain about the IBM code and that it was a valid promotion.

In terms of staples in Canada it is 299, 249, 199 as you noted and Friday & Saturday they allowed customers to have 10% off everything. I got a playbook for 269 plus taxes, the Shop BB was around 270 for me with taxes, but I decided to pay a bit extra as I really wanted a playbook right away
    01-29-12 11:03 PM
    I believed yes the promo was for the $299 as it was stated the sale ends @ midnite. Depends which part of the country your ordering. Yahoo hope all goes well for us.
    01-29-12 11:08 PM
    Yes and because there were problems at the end of 2011 it even was reported to the media and the Globe & Mail ran an article, of course that problem was more about cancellations and some other deal not this promotion. So I am sure they will honour everything. I read a bit on it here: Shop Blackberry Canceling Orders For Playbooks :\ - Page 4 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

According to what i read Shop Blackberry released messages saying they will work with everyone and everyone would receive their items, so I am sure if anything happens this time it will work out the same way. They will not risk their reputation. And the person I spoke with on the phone was certain about the IBM code and that it was a valid promotion.

In terms of staples in Canada it is 299, 249, 199 as you noted and Friday & Saturday they allowed customers to have 10% off everything. I got a playbook for 269 plus taxes, the Shop BB was around 270 for me with taxes, but I decided to pay a bit extra as I really wanted a playbook right away
    Looks like a sound decision you made, considering the same prices, and you now have one in hand from Staples vs. unknown delivery wait from SBB. Congrats.

What initially seemed unclear but is now understood was how taxes affect pricing up there in Canada. Here in Illinois, the SBB prices (minus any "IBM" codes) is what we pay. No taxes whatsoever. But I don't claim this is really any better, as we don't get universal healthcare (which would be nice), and much of your taxes supports that program. But that's another subject for another forum!
    01-29-12 11:19 PM
    It will be interesting to see what happens with this. Fine if the deal stays the same or will just return if not.

The promo code did seem somewhat different, wonder if it was intended as an internal discount for IBM employees only? Through my company, I was able to get the MS Office Professional 2010 suite through MS at a very steep discount compared to regular retail.

But my accessory items have been shipped after using the code on them as well. Sent via Fedex, the tracking indicates the package is now in transit from the Fedex Memphis hub. Expected delivery is on Jan 31.
    Last edited by oilgeo10; 01-29-12 at 11:27 PM.
    01-29-12 11:23 PM
    Hope we get it before Feb 14. So if I could give my wife my 16gb as a valentine gift along with the bb purple leather envelop. Hehehehe
    01-30-12 12:15 AM
    It probably was intended to IBM employees. I wonder if they have one for Apple!??!!!???
    01-30-12 12:15 AM
216 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD