Don't want to stir things up here, but my $239.20 from my cancelled "IBM" order is going toward an iPad3, due out shortly. Still happy with 2 16gb PB's, so sticking around the club.

But congrats to bigolac for making the cut.
    Last edited by RF8655; 02-04-12 at 10:12 PM.
    02-04-12 10:05 PM
    I received a 16GB PB with the IBM code applied. I ordered first a 32GB on the 26th and then ordered a 16GB an hour later.

Both orders were confirmed and then after 3 days the 16GB order went into fulfillment.

The 16GB one then shipped and the next day I received cancellation emails for both PB's. Not until the package showed up 2 days later did I believe it shipped.

My cancellation email gave me until the 4th to reorder if I wanted. I confirmed with Visa today that I was billed the $159 (20% off the 199) - I was thinking that maybe the payment wouldn't go through.

Shop BB seems clueless but their shipping was FAST!

I've used the money I saved to buy some apps like What's up, a couple games, battery guru. I will buy more once 2.0 is released as I'm not sure the apps I buy now will work on 2.0

So there are a couple of us who got the 20% off but I'm not sure why my later order was shipped.

Cheers all.
    02-05-12 05:44 PM
    Well tomorrow it will be day 6 since I got order confirmation for my 64GB. The money is gone, but no PB or tracking number, nor do I know who brings it or if I ever get it....
    02-05-12 05:55 PM
    Well, a week has passed since I asked SBB to explain their stance on why I received a confirmation email of $299 after purchasing the 32gb over the phone, and not providing my payment information until AFTER she confirmed the price, of $249.

Today, I get an email from SBB that simply stated this "We're sorry you missed the promotional sale price"....once again, no explanation, no "We made a mistake"...nothing. AND no reasoning as to why they keep stating this while their website shows $249 for the 32gb.

I mean, I purposivley threw them multiple balls right down the middle of the plate so they could correct their error and they continue not to address the issue, and basically, lie.

They've made it clear that 1) they don't care; 2) their incapable of addressing their own error; 3) they are attempting to sell a product at $299 while they advertise at $249.
    By a wide margin, the worst purchasing experience ever and a gross misrepresentation of product through advertising.

If any company, or person, needs a case study on how not to treat the customer, and how to drive your customer to the competition, this is the model.
    02-08-12 08:19 AM
    Yeah, can't really be upset about the IBM code not being honored, but SBB does make it difficult to want to purchase from them in so many other ways. I had to go through more than should have been necessary just to buy a PB at their advertised price with a perfectly good credit card, rejection emails, cancelled emails, lack of emails, CC holds, misinformation from phone reps and in emails, etc. BTW, anyone else that actually got a shipping notification email from SBB notice that is was from "shopblackerry.com" and not shopblackberry.com? There is another thread here about it, but I did notice it when it came because it went into my spam folder and I wondered why until I read it closely. I hope RIM gets rid of these people soon and finds a better company to be their storefront than globalware solutions or it will continue to hurt them, but I for one will never order from them again and never recommend anyone else order from them either.
    02-08-12 08:46 AM
    Well, a week has passed since I asked SBB to explain their stance on why I received a confirmation email of $299 after purchasing the 32gb over the phone, and not providing my payment information until AFTER she confirmed the price, of $249.

Today, I get an email from SBB that simply stated this "We're sorry you missed the promotional sale price"....once again, no explanation, no "We made a mistake"...nothing. AND no reasoning as to why they keep stating this while their website shows $249 for the 32gb.

I mean, I purposivley threw them multiple balls right down the middle of the plate so they could correct their error and they continue not to address the issue, and basically, lie.

They've made it clear that 1) they don't care; 2) their incapable of addressing their own error; 3) they are attempting to sell a product at $299 while they advertise at $249.
    By a wide margin, the worst purchasing experience ever and a gross misrepresentation of product through advertising.

If any company, or person, needs a case study on how not to treat the customer, and how to drive your customer to the competition, this is the model.
    Well, I can top that. If you read my above posts, you will see that I actually spoke with a rep who told me to mail in a check blah blah. Well, I fedex'd a check and called the next afternoon since the check was received earlier that morning. The rep I spoke with then said there was no record of my previous conversation and I shouldn't have been told to do that. They couldn't honor that price and the check would be returned.

On Feb 2, my check was cashed.

Several calls and hearing the "we are escalating" crap later, I am still out my cheese and no PB. No one has contacted me regarding this issue and it's getting old. I did get a response to an email sent yesterday regarding my case/order and got the same song and dance. I told them a good company would ship out the item I originally ordered since SBB already had my money. He responded and said it was escalated and ..... but they can't honor that price. I told them to just ship the 32 gb and call it even; the $10.79 would cover my trouble!

And I wait. I need to hear soon as tigerdirect has them at the same price and I can get 10 bucks off for using an amex card; with my luck I will end up with one more PB than I need.
    02-08-12 08:57 AM
    Well, I can top that. If you read my above posts, you will see that I actually spoke with a rep who told me to mail in a check blah blah. Well, I fedex'd a check and called the next afternoon since the check was received earlier that morning. The rep I spoke with then said there was no record of my previous conversation and I shouldn't have been told to do that. They couldn't honor that price and the check would be returned.

On Feb 2, my check was cashed.

Several calls and hearing the "we are escalating" crap later, I am still out my cheese and no PB. No one has contacted me regarding this issue and it's getting old. I did get a response to an email sent yesterday regarding my case/order and got the same song and dance. I told them a good company would ship out the item I originally ordered since SBB already had my money. He responded and said it was escalated and ..... but they can't honor that price. I told them to just ship the 32 gb and call it even; the $10.79 would cover my trouble!

And I wait. I need to hear soon as tigerdirect has them at the same price and I can get 10 bucks off for using an amex card; with my luck I will end up with one more PB than I need.
    Get the one at TigerDirect now and get a refund for the one from SBB.
    02-08-12 10:00 AM
    I asked this before: Is there a number @ RIM where one can complain about this? Because they are pi$$ing off waaaaay too many potential customers and RIM just HAS to do something about it. This cannot be their understanding of doing serious business. This sounds more like a Turkish bazaar gone wild. No adult behaves like that. When my 64GB finally gets here today, I hope it is in good shape. I don't want any more of this nightmare.
    02-08-12 10:13 AM
    Get the one at TigerDirect now and get a refund for the one from SBB.
    I have already asked for my money last week after they cashed the check and nothing is happening. I thought it would be easier to ship something than to go through check disbursement process. But then again, common business practice is not part of the equation when dealing with SBB.
    02-08-12 10:44 AM
    I think folks posted an email for the address of the new big wig who wants comments and suggestions. If nothing else get on their regular support line and demand to speak with a supervisor/manager. Rim contracted with this fly-by-night outfit and has to stand behind them.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-08-12 11:51 AM
    Not sure if it makes a diff but i bought a 32gig from sbb in nov and the discount code worked fine on the site and my end total i paid... idk whats changed but it worked fine for me
    02-08-12 01:32 PM
    I've had zero issues making multiple purchases from SBB; all orders delivered within a week, and none of the PB's had the "bulge", dead pixels, leaking lights, etc.
    02-08-12 01:42 PM
    its interesting to read this thread,

i ordered a 64g on the day of the sale with the ibm code, and received confirmation of the order then no shipping confirmation so i sent an email and the response was very short.
    "sorry but you do not qualify for the ibm code pricing"

so i left it, and havent read this thread for some time but as i read today several people have received there PBs at the promo price. kinda makes me feel shafted.

not something i am to pleased with.I will be sending an email to rim and sbb.

i will report back even though i realize much time has passed
    02-08-12 02:06 PM
    I don't remember anyone complaining about the PBs actually received from SBB, just the way in which they do business, there are a few threads outlining various issues with SBB including a 55 page thread started back in November.
    02-08-12 02:09 PM
    I don't remember anyone complaining about the PBs actually received from SBB, just the way in which they do business, there are a few threads outlining various issues with SBB including a 55 page thread started back in November.
    This thread and another with 55 pages is actually already way over the top. In fact I have never seen anything like this. That there actually explains it all.
    02-08-12 02:24 PM
    This thread and another with 55 pages is actually already way over the top. In fact I have never seen anything like this. That there actually explains it all.
    And there are many other similar threads here and on other BlackBerry related sites as well.
    02-08-12 03:10 PM
216 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD