staples.ca as more 64GB in stock.
    02-01-12 08:12 AM
    staples.ca as more 64GB in stock.
    WOW...you just want to sit back today and watch me run my head into the wall again, and again, and again, and again yesterday was just ridiculous..new day,new start
    balding1 likes this.
    02-01-12 09:35 AM
    SBB sent me a shipment notification for my reordered 64GB...seems like the first chick there was full of sh.t telling me I cannot use my CC again and cannot reorder/place a new order unless I send a check! That chick needs fired for trying to damage the company with refusing to sell merchandise to customers for whatever reason. I asked her to just confirm the cancellation the previous order with the IBM promo, and just place a completely new order for the same item. She said she will not do that unless I send her a check!
    Anyway, that answer was so ridiculous that I just told her to forget it, hung up and logged into my account and placed the new order myself, using the SAME CC and it went through.
    Go figure! Now I got my shipment notification with the "NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS" tracking info BS and we will see what happens now.
    Once I get the piece, I will never order there again, PERIOD!
    02-01-12 10:53 AM
    SBB sent me a shipment notification for my reordered 64GB...seems like the first chick there was full of sh.t telling me I cannot use my CC again and cannot reorder/place a new order unless I send a check! That chick needs fired for trying to damage the company with refusing to sell merchandise to customers for whatever reason. I asked her to just confirm the cancellation the previous order with the IBM promo, and just place a completely new order for the same item. She said she will not do that unless I send her a check!
    Anyway, that answer was so ridiculous that I just told her to forget it, hung up and logged into my account and placed the new order myself, using the SAME CC and it went through.
    Go figure! Now I got my shipment notification with the "NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS" tracking info BS and we will see what happens now.
    Jesus you really are a devil for punishment . lol
    I ordered another from staples this morning, needed ink for printer and just couldn't pass up the opportunity of another plus to get free shipping.lol
    Went smooth as a babies bottom for ordering on line.
    Now have to deal with my better half for why I bought another PB.
    Got 14 days to see if it drops further in price for a return or price match.
    02-01-12 11:20 AM
    They cancelled my order... Oh well, I won't be using them anytime soon.
    02-01-12 11:37 AM
    Ralfy, the customer reps (outsourced to companies in India and other such places) are just following a script given to them, so not likely she will be fired for doing her job. This is not the first and probably will not be the last thread to blast the Shopblackberry.com site (actually GlobalWare Solutions Inc) for similar behavior, but ultimately RIM/BlackBerry hired them. They have told many, many others the same speel about sending a check or wiring money because same CC will not work and several have learned like I did that this is not always the case because we did what you did and it worked.

The "NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS" message has also been covered in previous threads as well. Basically it means that the Point of Sale has no shipping information because the order is shipped from a warehouse in another state. However many us got an email a day or so later with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers. If you get one (some people do, some people evidently do not) be sure to try it at USPS, UPS and FedEx even if you selected the free shipping option as I did, but found it left CT by UPS to IL, then was delivered locally to my door by USPS. The tracking information was only at UPS at first, then at USPS, also you can have USPS or UPS email or text you when it is delivered, transferred, delayed, etc.

Good luck with your order and I promise you will not be alone as a one-time buyer at Shopblackberry.com. I am sure that even if RIM wanted to fire GlobalWare Solutions and hire a new firm to run their online SBB webstore, it would take a few weeks to set up, train new employees, etc. which is too bad for the consumers like us.
    02-01-12 01:02 PM
    Ralfy, the customer reps (outsourced to companies in India and other such places) are just following a script given to them, so not likely she will be fired for doing her job. This is not the first and probably will not be the last thread to blast the Shopblackberry.com site (actually GlobalWare Solutions Inc) for similar behavior, but ultimately RIM/BlackBerry hired them. They have told many, many others the same speel about sending a check or wiring money because same CC will not work and several have learned like I did that this is not always the case because we did what you did and it worked.

The "NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS" message has also been covered in previous threads as well. Basically it means that the Point of Sale has no shipping information because the order is shipped from a warehouse in another state. However many us got an email a day or so later with shipping confirmation and tracking numbers. If you get one (some people do, some people evidently do not) be sure to try it at USPS, UPS and FedEx even if you selected the free shipping option as I did, but found it left CT by UPS to IL, then was delivered locally to my door by USPS. The tracking information was only at UPS at first, then at USPS, also you can have USPS or UPS email or text you when it is delivered, transferred, delayed, etc.

Good luck with your order and I promise you will not be alone as a one-time buyer at Shopblackberry.com. I am sure that even if RIM wanted to fire GlobalWare Solutions and hire a new firm to run their online SBB webstore, it would take a few weeks to set up, train new employees, etc. which is too bad for the consumers like us.
    Well thank you for the reply, it is just the first time I get treated like that as a customer, so I guess it had to hit me eventually and I am broke in now.
    It is a shame what they do to further damage RIM's reputation, because I really DO like this company. I still prefer it over Apple any day.

P.S.: I never did get a free shipping option. I got charged $17.15 as the cheapest Ground option, although it states at the home page that orders over $50 are free.
    This puts the total to $316.15 for the 64GB.
    That just on a side note, because I am so tired of them, I don't even care about their lies anymore. I just hope I get it shipped to my house at all, because I got charged for it, otherwise it will get really ugly....
    02-01-12 02:23 PM
    LOL Ralfy, they gotta charge something for coming all the way out to the middle of nowhere in Bumfuk, Oklahoma! j/k I have friends there, great people and scenery.

Also glad to hear that they finally broke ya, but stay with RIM, gonna be an exciting year in my opinion.

SBB showed a $17.15 shipping charge on my invoice that they sent by email, but it was never charged to my CC and was not on the invoice online. I had a free shipping option at checkout, vs 2-day and next day options for approximately $20 and $26, but chose the free option and it took 3 business days to Chicago, but it was over MLKing weekend and Monday did not count because USPS was closed or it was 4 days if you count the holiday.
    02-01-12 04:17 PM
    LOL Ralfy, they gotta charge something for coming all the way out to the middle of nowhere in Bumfuk, Oklahoma! j/k I have friends there, great people and scenery.

Also glad to hear that they finally broke ya, but stay with RIM, gonna be an exciting year in my opinion.

SBB showed a $17.15 shipping charge on my invoice that they sent by email, but it was never charged to my CC and was not on the invoice online. I had a free shipping option at checkout, vs 2-day and next day options for approximately $20 and $26, but chose the free option and it took 3 business days to Chicago, but it was over MLKing weekend and Monday did not count because USPS was closed or it was 4 days if you count the holiday.
    LOL, well I never saw the free shipping option, just the $17.15 was the cheapest. And when I check on the charge, it is for the full amount. Thing is, the next best thing for me was to drive 60 miles one way to the next Office Depot to pick one up for the same price as every other brick and mortar store in my vicinity doesn't have any at all. That is 120 miles in gas, probably more than 17 bux.
    It's not that that the 17 bux gonna kill me, it's the principle of the matter.
    Live and learn. Anything else in that store is WAY overpriced, just look at the Micro SD cards!
    They must be made of solid gold!
    02-01-12 04:29 PM
    Update: Just got an email saying that in 3-5 business days, SBB will refund the shipping to me. Did they read what I just wrote earlier? LOL
    02-01-12 05:43 PM
    It's okay prices will probably be 149, 199 & 249 in another week or so anyway because RIM can only sell PBs to current 16gb owners that want to upgrade and a few other BB owners that just have not bit yet for whatever reasons. They and their retailers have got to move their remaining inventory or get stuck with it and be forced to a real fire sale maybe 99, 149 & 199 before spring gets here.
    thats some ridiculous reasoning right there......
    02-01-12 06:48 PM
    Update: Just got an email saying that in 3-5 business days, SBB will refund the shipping to me. Did they read what I just wrote earlier? LOL
    You guys are going to love this. I mean you have to absolutely try to be this bad.
    I just received an email from the investigation team at SBB on the whole ordeal yesterday. It read "The sale on the 32gb at $249 has ended and the current price is $299".....that's it. After everything that transpired yesterday, with multiple botched opportunities..now they don't know their own price. Sadly hysterical.
    02-01-12 06:58 PM
    What are they smoking there??? It says it's $249 on their website. Somebody needs to stop this sh.t! RIM are you watching this??? Makes me wanna order one on the phone and insist they sell it to me for $249, otherwise it's false advertising and that's a felony.

Is there a RIM support number where you can complain about them?

I mean come on, this is beyond silly and it smells like somebody there is trying to make people angry for fun. Nobody can be that dumb...this is on purpose.
    02-01-12 07:14 PM
    What are they smoking there??? It says it's $249 on their website. Somebody needs to stop this sh.t! RIM are you watching this??? Makes me wanna order one on the phone and insist they sell it to me for $249, otherwise it's false advertising and that's a felony.

Is there a RIM support number where you can complain about them?

I mean come on, this is beyond silly and it smells like somebody there is trying to make people angry for fun. Nobody can be that dumb...this is on purpose.
    I'm still shaking my head in amazement. I grew up, and I mean grew up (from stroller to age 35), in a family tv and appliance business that my grandfather started and then moved into customer service in mfg for 12 years before my current gig. I have never seen, heard or experienced anything like this. Absolutely amazing.
    02-01-12 07:30 PM
    I love that PB a lot, and everything seems to work against it for it to achieve the recognition it truly deserves. After all the well known issues that place has to put the dot on the i and make the fiasco complete. It is even more amazing that RIM either just lets them do what they want, or they have never heard of this forum. It was already a major disaster before christmas, and it seems still nothing has changed. I am just aware of the people on this forum that will not do business with them again. There is no telling how many more got pushed away.
    02-01-12 09:47 PM
    I love that PB a lot, and everything seems to work against it for it to achieve the recognition it truly deserves. After all the well known issues that place has to put the dot on the i and make the fiasco complete. It is even more amazing that RIM either just lets them do what they want, or they have never heard of this forum. It was already a major disaster before christmas, and it seems still nothing has changed. I am just aware of the people on this forum that will not do business with them again. There is no telling how many more got pushed away.
    I was pushed away.
    02-01-12 10:27 PM
    Got home from work - check my email - lo and behold - I got a Shipping Confirmation at 10:30 this morning. WTF? Not 12 hours earlier I got the cancel email. The weird thing is the shipping tracking number is listed as 'NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS'. Not sure what that means.

So then I tried to go to shopblackberry.com - here's what I get:

Store can not be loaded: Release::entity::store->new returned undefined.

No store - nada.

There is still no charge on my CC.

Even if I am lucky enough to get one, there is no way in heck I'm giving this company any more of my personal information - I don't think they can be trusted. I'm debating whether or not to cancel my current CC and get a new number. For my next RIM purchase (if there will ever be one), I'll stick with a B&M and have the damn thing in my hand when I walk out of the building - instead of grasping at straws....

And just for the record - I was NOT expecting to get a 64gb PB for $239 - I've had a dozen or more sales cancelled via the 'wrong promotion' type situation. I took a gamble like many others here. It's the aftermath that has me bothered.
    So did you even get a tracking email? That's the typical behavior a day or two after POS message.
    02-02-12 12:29 PM
    Ordered another 64GB from staples.ca yesterday morning, guy just dropped it off now.
    They seem to use a private courier service or they use their own peeps from warehouse.
    Shopblackberry should get some tips from them for quality service.
    02-02-12 01:26 PM
    SBB is not all worthless. They always can serve as a bad example.
    02-02-12 01:40 PM
    I ordered through Amazon. SBB is never getting my business again.
    02-02-12 04:14 PM
    So did you even get a tracking email? That's the typical behavior a day or two after POS message.
    Yep - Just got home and there was a tracking number starting with a 9 - but the link at usps wasn't updated yet and said there was no such record... just a typical usps thing I've noticed in the past. I'm not sure when they sent it - either today or Jan 31 when they sent the original shipping confirmation email.
    02-02-12 04:27 PM
    USPS is now reporting tracking info - it's about 300 miles away from me at the moment...
    02-02-12 10:58 PM
    A quick update - it has arrived! CC was charged $239.20.

Pretty stoked.
    02-04-12 08:17 PM
    So you're the only one who got his IBM code PB cancelled, not charged at first, then shipment notification after cancellation, shipment received and got charged in the end fir the IBM promo price.

What made you so special?

Well I'm glad you made it, just sux for the rest of us who just got cancelled, period.
    I wonder how they select customers.
    I still didn't get a tracking number. I got a shipment notification on Wednesday, and the money got taken out of my account the same day. I have no idea if I ever get it and which carrier to look for. I plan on calling them Monday...we will see...
    02-04-12 09:23 PM
    So you're the only one who got his IBM code PB cancelled, not charged at first, then shipment notification after cancellation, shipment received and got charged in the end fir the IBM promo price.

What made you so special?

Well I'm glad you made it, just sux for the rest of us who just got cancelled, period.
    I wonder how they select customers.
    I still didn't get a tracking number. I got a shipment notification on Wednesday, and the money got taken out of my account the same day. I have no idea if I ever get it and which carrier to look for. I plan on calling them Monday...we will see...
    I feel your pain. I was on the wrong end of a deal with Tomtom a while back - took multiple phone calls and endless aggravation, only to have the order cancelled AND charged my CC twice.... but I digress.

I think the kicker for me was I called for an order verification, and for whatever reason, the nice lady on the other end probably didn't know about the pricing mistake and went ahead and processed the order.

That or I have a horseshoe up my bum. Yea - probably that.

I wish you the best of luck on Monday - trust me, after reading this thread, my chances of ordering through shopblackberry are slim to none.
    02-04-12 10:00 PM
216 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD