Can somebody tell me WTH they are doing there? Is this run by monkeys? Does RIM know all that?
    And I don't want to hear "it's not RIMM's fault" or "it has nothing to do with the product" because it has everything to do with it. Company and public image wise, they, SBB, represent Blackberry and any action of theirs is a direct reflection of the company. That's how it works. Image is everything and right now, this one is absolutely abysmal.
    ralfyguy and bigolac like this.
    01-31-12 04:58 PM
    And I don't want to hear "it's not RIMM's fault" or "it has nothing to do with the product" because it has everything to do with it. Company and public image wise, they, SBB, represent Blackberry and any action of theirs is a direct reflection of the company. That's how it works. Image is everything and right now, this one is absolutely abysmal.
    That's why they only sold 800,000 units in a year. It's because they are doing it to themselves! I'm a die hard BB owner and I love my 16GB PB so much that I wanted another 64GB. But this is no way to do business, that is just utter chaos with ZERO leadership. Everything is out of control and a mess.The PB can be a world class tablet or not, it doesn't matter if you don't know how to run a company and value customer service and make sure that everybody who wants a PB also gets one. It almost seems that they don't want to get this tablet to the people if they don't know what the definition "CUSTOMER" means.
    01-31-12 05:05 PM
    The posts on this thread talking about the horrendous customer service at SBB seem like excellent candidates for the "Feedback for Mr. Heins" section.
    01-31-12 05:16 PM
    I hate to say this here, but Apple customer service is far superior. I know, as a long-time Apple devotee, I've never seen this kind of amateur nonsense and manipulation over there. And they're products are good too.

But I do like the PB, so am sticking around.
    01-31-12 05:28 PM
    I hate to say this here, but Apple customer service is far superior. I know, as a long-time Apple devotee, I've never seen this kind of amateur nonsense and manipulation over there. And they're products are good too.

You have every right to say so. It can't get any worse than this. If they don't want anybodies business then say so and close the place.
    RF8655 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:35 PM
    Just called and asked why I got charged for shipping. Girl said that once the order gets "APPROVED" that I get a refund for the shipping. She said the website is kinda messed up right now.
    What does it mean for the order to get "APPROVED"?
    They are thinking about it. It will be EXPECTED to be confirmed by Devcon, 60 days or by Summer!
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-31-12 05:38 PM
    As an ASSide: Office Depot has the 64gig for $299 IN-STORE. Pick it up personally. I don't know if they have any other sales or coupons. But in the US you may get dinged for Sales Tax depending on location.
    buckeyeind likes this.
    01-31-12 05:44 PM
    As an ASSide: Office Depot has the 64gig for $299 IN-STORE. Pick it up personally. I don't know if they have any other sales or coupons. But in the US you may get dinged for Sales Tax depending on location.
    Stock in the US is what started this whole trail of tears
    Within a 100 mile radius, there is no stock at Best Buy (not even on display), Staples or Office Depot. What is in stock is "limited availability", which I found out is "you can buy the display model".
    Which totally rips apart any in store exchange possibility if there would be a problem with the one you bought.
    This is another public relations nightmare. Kind of hard to increase Playbook sales when there is no stock and the retailers aren't signing up for a possible repeat of the past 12 months.
    01-31-12 05:57 PM
    Can somebody tell me WTH they are doing there? Is this run by monkeys? Does RIM know all that?
    No they are not monkeys. Actually even though they gave me a lot of wrong information such as everyones orders will be honoured from the 26th (maybe they assumed I was a IBM employee) I still found them to be very friendly. I mean they were apologetic and tried to rush my order. The only thing i can say is something made me not want to trust them i guess it was based on my biased opinion from reading other threads so I cancelled.
    01-31-12 06:01 PM
    Like I said: Apparently they do not want to increase the PB distribution and that also means they do their own bad publicity. Keep going RIM! Let's rock and roll! LMAO!
    01-31-12 06:02 PM
    Got home from work - check my email - lo and behold - I got a Shipping Confirmation at 10:30 this morning. WTF? Not 12 hours earlier I got the cancel email. The weird thing is the shipping tracking number is listed as 'NOT APPLICABLE FOR POS'. Not sure what that means.

So then I tried to go to shopblackberry.com - here's what I get:

Store can not be loaded: Release::entity::store->new returned undefined.

No store - nada.

There is still no charge on my CC.

Even if I am lucky enough to get one, there is no way in heck I'm giving this company any more of my personal information - I don't think they can be trusted. I'm debating whether or not to cancel my current CC and get a new number. For my next RIM purchase (if there will ever be one), I'll stick with a B&M and have the damn thing in my hand when I walk out of the building - instead of grasping at straws....

And just for the record - I was NOT expecting to get a 64gb PB for $239 - I've had a dozen or more sales cancelled via the 'wrong promotion' type situation. I took a gamble like many others here. It's the aftermath that has me bothered.
    01-31-12 06:04 PM
    Shopblackberry.com works for me. Seems like you gonna get a PB anyway...
    01-31-12 06:15 PM
    Stock in the US is what started this whole trail of tears
    Within a 100 mile radius, there is no stock at Best Buy (not even on display), Staples or Office Depot. What is in stock is "limited availability", which I found out is "you can buy the display model".
    Which totally rips apart any in store exchange possibility if there would be a problem with the one you bought.
    This is another public relations nightmare. Kind of hard to increase Playbook sales when there is no stock and the retailers aren't signing up for a possible repeat of the past 12 months.
    Unfortunately, diagonally across from you, there is some stock. The Office Depot I called had at least 3 or 4 64gig units.

Obviously buying from Rim meant more backup stock but that would be the mail/receive, inspect/mail back/etc if there were an issue.

None of this helps obviously, other than pushing those Rim-sales-goofs to actually take and order and fulfill it.
    01-31-12 06:22 PM
    Is there a place at RIM where somebody would actually take you serious and listen to you if you were to complain about this practice that is going on at their "Store"?
    Because if you go to the website, it has RIM written all over it and in the top left corner in fine print it says GlobalWareSolutions. Point is, people are gonna get mad at RIM, not them. They are ruining RIM's reputation completely.
    Somebody at RIM needs to slam their fist on the table about this.
    01-31-12 06:31 PM
    Is there a place at RIM where somebody would actually take you serious and listen to you if you were to complain about this practice that is going on at their "Store"?
    Because if you go to the website, it has RIM written all over it and in the top left corner in fine print it says GlobalWareSolutions. Point is, people are gonna get mad at RIM, not them. They are ruining RIM's reputation completely.
    Somebody at RIM needs to slam their fist on the table about this.
    I think it was in the media from the fiasco that happened before xmas and the news report stated customers were upset about issues in shipping...but that was a different issue all together. Apparently RIM is not SHOP BB I dont know if that is a true statement or not...
    01-31-12 06:55 PM
    It must have been operator error on my part - I can now access shopblackberry.com. My order is now listed as shipped; however, there is no tracking number - it is listed as 'not applicable for pos' - I'm still not sure what this means.
    01-31-12 08:11 PM
    It must have been operator error on my part - I can now access shopblackberry.com. My order is now listed as shipped; however, there is no tracking number - it is listed as 'not applicable for pos' - I'm still not sure what this means.
    that "not applicable for pos" is the same message I received when I ordered my pb in in early January. It arrived without incident but I never could track it. They gave me a reason of it had something to do with shipping to my work address. Not a problem for Amazon so i don't know what they were talking about.
    bigolac likes this.
    01-31-12 09:22 PM
    So the temporary hold on the funds vanished from my bank account on the newly placed order I made this morning for regular price. Am I gonna get it cancelled again?
    01-31-12 09:28 PM

I so agree. While I do enjoy my PB, I will say that Apple has customer service down. Being Canadian, I'd love to give BB a fair chance but Apple just has so much more to offer - of course it may be due to deeper pockets. (Don't flame me!! I'm just thinking out loud! lol). I've had several BB phones and even told my wife she was nuts for buying the first iPhone. Now i'm on my second iPhone and love it. But I still prefer my PB vs her iPad 2.

All the pricing has been really odd on the PB though. 199,249,299. Then 299, 299, 299. Now back to 199, 249, 299. Then the IBM coupon fiasco. I was fortunate to get 10% off at Staples last weekend on the 64. Then received my 'sorry, the IBM code was illegal....' message Monday afternoon.

Part of me wants to hate them but they have a pretty good product for under $300. No other company can say that. I just hope they get their collective sh it together after the release of 2.0 and start making customers happy. If Apple had a 7" tablet, I think RIM might be looking for Bankruptcy protection. Just my random thoughts...

Need more rum.
    01-31-12 09:49 PM
    I so agree. While I do enjoy my PB, I will say that Apple has customer service down. Being Canadian, I'd love to give BB a fair chance but Apple just has so much more to offer - of course it may be due to deeper pockets. (Don't flame me!! I'm just thinking out loud! lol). I've had several BB phones and even told my wife she was nuts for buying the first iPhone. Now i'm on my second iPhone and love it. But I still prefer my PB vs her iPad 2.

All the pricing has been really odd on the PB though. 199,249,299. Then 299, 299, 299. Now back to 199, 249, 299. Then the IBM coupon fiasco. I was fortunate to get 10% off at Staples last weekend on the 64. Then received my 'sorry, the IBM code was illegal....' message Monday afternoon.

Part of me wants to hate them but they have a pretty good product for under $300. No other company can say that. I just hope they get their collective sh it together after the release of 2.0 and start making customers happy. If Apple had a 7" tablet, I think RIM might be looking for Bankruptcy protection. Just my random thoughts...

Need more rum.
    ...and add the questionable selling practices you might have point...
    01-31-12 10:00 PM
    that "not applicable for pos" is the same message I received when I ordered my pb in in early January. It arrived without incident but I never could track it. They gave me a reason of it had something to do with shipping to my work address. Not a problem for Amazon so i don't know what they were talking about.
    Thanks for that - I guess I'll believe it when I see it....
    01-31-12 10:14 PM
    shopblackberry.ca, is so screwed up it clearly states on home page free shipping on orders over $75 but tried for fun to buy a playbook for another thread here and they clip you $29.80 for shipping.
    Guess they want to hear from peeps that they don't know what their doing.
    The website does seem to have issues, it's hard to trust with your information. When I placed a 2nd order on Jan 26th, some of the checkout pages weren't showing up as secure (https://) after the first shopping cart page, so I backed out of the process a couple of times until it showed as secure for the credit card info. RIM should be looking into this and reviewing there service provider, make a change if required. The CS by phone appears to be hit & miss too.

Anyway, like the rest of you I received the PB order cancellation email late yesterday. No issues with that, may get one before the sale ends but will also wait to see if there is going to be any other final discounting this weekend. If the Staples 10% off appears in Canada, might grab one then.

Partial success though, did get the promo code on the accessories that I ordered, & delivered today. That order the total was $75 and change, & no website screwups then, got the free shipping which was worth $25 on the invoice. So a good deal there, I won't complain!
    01-31-12 10:28 PM
    And the info is?
    01-31-12 10:46 PM
    I understand the situation that some of you find yourselves in. I know why and can explain all the reasons. However, some here consider me a troll (I think it is mainly the vet with PTSD) and somehow manage to get all my posts deleted by the mods. I am not a troll - I actually have good inside information to share with you all. It was my reason for coming on this board in the first place.

If I can get some good assurance from the mods that my posts will not get deleted I will be happy to share information with you that many of you would benefit from. If not - goodbye.
    Oh my, a vet with PTSD...please tell me who that is since I do volunteer work with the VA and my focus is on helping vets with PTSD. You can PM me with who you think that is, and I can take it from there.

Oh, and don't forget to support your local wounded warriors projects.
    LuckyDad likes this.
    01-31-12 10:50 PM
    It's okay prices will probably be 149, 199 & 249 in another week or so anyway because RIM can only sell PBs to current 16gb owners that want to upgrade and a few other BB owners that just have not bit yet for whatever reasons. They and their retailers have got to move their remaining inventory or get stuck with it and be forced to a real fire sale maybe 99, 149 & 199 before spring gets here.
    01-31-12 11:03 PM
216 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD