the email I received said the order would automatically cancel, I didn't have to do anything. Only to call to place another order or do it online.
    01-31-12 10:47 AM
    the email I received said the order would automatically cancel, I didn't have to do anything. Only to call to place another order or do it online.
    Well, this just keeps getting worse or better, I can't decide. So, I just hung up with SBB, asked to discuss my order. After the rep confirms my order number, name, phone #, address and email address, he then asked me what I purchased. I answer. He then asks me what form of shipping I had selected...Ok, I'll play; so I answer. He then tells me the order will ship by 2pm tomorrow eastern standard time. My replay was "what?", followed by..."hold on; what is the price of the order?" He answers with the price that is on the original confirmation. I'm sitting there stunned and give a quick "good bye". I go back to my bank account, the initial charge was taken off during the middle of the night and shows no current charge pending. WHAT DA?
    I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds. This is the craziest purchasing journey I've been on for sometime.
    01-31-12 01:26 PM
    Everybody check the office depot weekly ad. Mine here in Houston has the 64gb on sale for 299.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 01:33 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen!

No really, THAT is "unpossible" as someone I know says, but for sure a new all-time record for USPS, especially since GlobalWare Solutions Inc actually uses UPS Mail Innovations to deliver the packages to the destination city, then they get delivered by USPS to the individual addresses if you select the free shipping option, otherwise it is shipped door to door by UPS or FedEx depending upon the paid shipping method selected.
    Un-possible is Nothing! We all know SBB also ships UPS/Fedex and they ship USPS locally. My friend's order was placed Jan 26th (about 1 PM), no IBM code, and free ground shipping and it arrived Jan 30th by USPS. Here's the screenshot he sent me....
    01-31-12 01:34 PM
    Well, this just keeps getting worse or better, I can't decide. So, I just hung up with SBB, asked to discuss my order. After the rep confirms my order number, name, phone #, address and email address, he then asked me what I purchased. I answer. He then asks me what form of shipping I had selected...Ok, I'll play; so I answer. He then tells me the order will ship by 2pm tomorrow eastern standard time. My replay was "what?", followed by..."hold on; what is the price of the order?" He answers with the price that is on the original confirmation. I'm sitting there stunned and give a quick "good bye". I go back to my bank account, the initial charge was taken off during the middle of the night and shows no current charge pending. WHAT DA?
    I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds. This is the craziest purchasing journey I've been on for sometime.
    Well, I just overnighted a check to them so we shall see what happens. You might have lucked out.
    01-31-12 01:48 PM
    Maybe they'll ship you out a Ipad. lol
    buckeyeind likes this.
    01-31-12 01:56 PM
    Any suggestions on convincing the people at customer service? One rep. said that none of the orders with the promo code are able to go through.
    01-31-12 01:57 PM
    Just for the record,

I am not mad at Shop blackberry, in retrospect we all should NOT have been using the promo code, though without knowing the back story and orgin of the code we really didn't feel like we were doing that much harm.....

I will have to wait for the next playbook or another crazy sale!
    Last edited by teeuwen; 01-31-12 at 02:19 PM.
    01-31-12 02:08 PM
    Un-possible is Nothing! We all know SBB also ships UPS/Fedex and they ship USPS locally. My friend's order was placed Jan 26th (about 1 PM), no IBM code, and free ground shipping and it arrived Jan 30th by USPS. Here's the screenshot he sent me....
    LOL, thanks for the screeny fj, but really all that says is that some package was delivered to somewhere in GA without showing when it was shipped or from where it was shipped much less what was shipped, but my comment was actually about the unbelievable or "unpossible" speed at which SBB (or the United States Postal Service for that matter) was able to deliver anything given their track record here.
    01-31-12 02:09 PM
    Maybe they'll ship you out a Ipad. lol
    too funny. I just checked my phone's call history to make sure I called SBB and not Apple. There is no way this transaction is going to happen. Absolutely no way.
    01-31-12 02:11 PM
    LOL, thanks for the screeny fj, but really all that says is that some package was delivered to somewhere in GA without showing when it was shipped or from where it was shipped much less what was shipped, but my comment was actually about the unbelievable or "unpossible" speed at which SBB (or the United States Postal Service for that matter) was able to deliver anything given their track record here.
    Go back and re-read what you said originally and then re-read the screenshot in that context....
    01-31-12 02:23 PM
    Go back and re-read what you said originally and then re-read the screenshot in that context....
    Listen, sounds like you are trying to turn this into something that is was never intended to be, but the screeny stills only says that package was delivered on a particular day, nothing else about where shipped from, etc, so it really says nothing, but I really, really do not care, my post was a jab at USPS, nothing more, nothing less.
    01-31-12 02:35 PM
    When I reordered with SBB this morning, The 64GB at Office Depot was $699. Now it shows there for $299. I could have drove the 50 miles and picked it up. Now I have to pray again that they don't cancel me again...
    01-31-12 02:51 PM
    Listen, sounds like you are trying to turn this into something that is was never intended to be, but the screeny stills only says that package was delivered on a particular day, nothing else about where shipped from, etc, so it really says nothing, but I really, really do not care, my post was a jab at USPS, nothing more, nothing less.
    ok cool.. my bad; you are right...
    01-31-12 02:53 PM
    Just for the record,

I am not mad at Shop blackberry, in retrospect we all should NOT have been using the promo code, though without knowing the back story and orgin of the code we really didn't feel like we were doing that much harm.....

I will have to wait for the next playbook or another crazy sale!
    I am disappointed in the process (and whomever posted it elsewhere that opened the floodgates lol). The CB community handled it respectfully. Timely emails would have allowed many to take advantage of other local discounts, while not the 20%, still worthwhile to make it less than the current pricing.

I search out discount codes all the time and don't really give any thought to additional criteria (like working for big Blue) but if there were criteria readily known I would have honored it. It's usually minimum shipping I am worried about (ever notice how there are very few 5 cent items to put you at $50)? I have never had a code work and then cancelled; they either work or don't. A discount code is a discount code is a discount code. Screw-ups are costs borne by businesses, not the consumer. At least directly!

At least I already have one!
    01-31-12 03:18 PM
    OK..that was THE hardest sub $300 purchase I have ever made. Decided to follow up on my 2pm phone call with the rep at SBB. Another instance of something that never happened. After getting the email that the order was cancelled, then calling this afternoon and being told the order was shipping tomorrow by 2pm, the SBB system at 4:30pm, showed that the order was still cancelled and "they don't know why that rep told me that". At this point "WHATeverrrr!" SO...Ordered the 32gb, used the original credit card and it's shipping overnight. Will be here Thursday; its Tues...huh?! SBB is the gift that keeps giving :/
    Good grief...its time for that jameson on the rocks...maybe 2
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-31-12 at 04:00 PM.
    LuckyDad likes this.
    01-31-12 03:55 PM
    shopblackberry.ca, is so screwed up it clearly states on home page free shipping on orders over $75 but tried for fun to buy a playbook for another thread here and they clip you $29.80 for shipping.
    Guess they want to hear from peeps that they don't know what their doing.
    01-31-12 04:01 PM
    I got the same email. Impressed about shopblackberry.com...I wonder if any one received the discounted price
    01-31-12 04:31 PM
    Just called and asked why I got charged for shipping. Girl said that once the order gets "APPROVED" that I get a refund for the shipping. She said the website is kinda messed up right now.
    What does it mean for the order to get "APPROVED"?
    01-31-12 04:36 PM
    shopblackberry.ca, is so screwed up it clearly states on home page free shipping on orders over $75 but tried for fun to buy a playbook for another thread here and they clip you $29.80 for shipping.
    Guess they want to hear from peeps that they don't know what their doing.
    UNBELIEVABLE.... Just received my order confirmation email....I was charged $299 for the $249 32gb. I just called to tell them of the error. The reply was to make a note, shoot it up the ladder and I'll hear back or get an email once they investigate the mistake. I'm done. I cancelled the order immediately. It will take a long time to rid the taste of this buying experience. What a shame. I won't even consider buying for quite some time. This has been, without a doubt, the worst experience buying a product ever and will be on my mind when I look at the playbook going forward. RIMM needs to really look at the following they have and be extremely thankful for those that have stayed. I get my new Bold 9930 tomorrow and was looking forward to pairing it up and showcasing at my customers but that opportunity has passed. (i already gave my son my original pb and I'm not "taking it back"; that would be worse than this experience). Adios.
    01-31-12 04:39 PM
    Just called and asked why I got charged for shipping. Girl said that once the order gets "APPROVED" that I get a refund for the shipping. She said the website is kinda messed up right now.
    To make sure your order is legit. i guess

it is different price points but ordering my wife's ipad was so easy and even got free engraving
    01-31-12 04:40 PM
    What a crazy system they got running now.
    Approved should be when everything checks out and ready to be shipped.
    Maybe "APPROVED" is the new promo code.lol
    hasib123 likes this.
    01-31-12 04:41 PM
    What a crazy system they got running now.
    Approved should be when everything checks out and ready to be shipped.
    Maybe "APPROVED" is the new promo code.lol
    So am I just filling out an APPLICATION to maybe get APPROVED if I make a friendly face and behave? What is this? Communism?
    01-31-12 04:46 PM
    UNBELIEVABLE.... Just received my order confirmation email....I was charged $299 for the $249 32gb. I just called to tell them of the error. The reply was to make a note, shoot it up the ladder and I'll hear back or get an email once they investigate the mistake. I'm done. I cancelled the order immediately. It will take a long time to rid the taste of this buying experience. What a shame. I won't even consider buying for quite some time. This has been, without a doubt, the worst experience buying a product ever and will be on my mind when I look at the playbook going forward. RIMM needs to really look at the following they have and be extremely thankful for those that have stayed. I get my new Bold 9930 tomorrow and was looking forward to pairing it up and showcasing at my customers but that opportunity has passed. (i already gave my son my original pb and I'm not "taking it back"; that would be worse than this experience). Adios.
    Can somebody tell me WTH they are doing there? Is this run by monkeys? Does RIM know all that?
    01-31-12 04:49 PM
    So am I just filling out an APPLICATION to maybe get APPROVED if I make a friendly face and behave? What is this? Communism?
    Hold off with them, theirs another thread here that a member said he got the staples flyer(ad) and that they were going on sale this week.
    So all the big box stores should follow suit.
    Guess they know who's been a good or bad boy this year.
    So you'll have to wait to see if Santa going to let you shop at shopblackberry this year.(So behave yourself)lol
    01-31-12 04:54 PM
216 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD