Place my order roughly 1pm last day of sale.
    Never called to check on order.
    Was bought on spur of the moment, really didn't need a 3rd.PB.
    Surprised at all the different cancellation wording.

Dear #### ,

Thank you for your order ######## however, you have used a promotion code which was not the intended purpose of the promotion and violated the terms of the promotion. The promotion code "IBM" was only valid for IBM employees. We would like to offer you one of the following two options:

1) Place a new order online taking advantage of new promotional rates. No action is necessary in order to cancel your current order, it will be cancelled automatically.
    2) Call customer service and reorder the playbook at the new promotional price. If you wish to do this please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 to let them know you would like to take advantage of the current promotion.

Please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 if you have any questions. If you do not reorder online or contact the call center by the end of the day on 2/4 we will assume you wish to cancel your order.

Regards,
    ShopBlackberry Customer Service
    01-31-12 01:29 AM
    I was thinking the same thing about the employee verification. I checked my order and it still says "received". I'm going to call them tomorrow.
    01-31-12 01:48 AM
    I just can't understand how they'll be able to charge you a different amount of what has been granted by your bank while checking the card transaction at the time you did it.
    I guess they can argue that this coupon code wasn't valid for the person who made the transaction (asking for an IBM salary justification for instance) and CANCEL your order, but using your card for an extra-billing is - at least in Europe - a can't do. It would infringe most of the banking / customer protection rules.

To be clear, I think this is a HUGE maybe.
    Well, finally : well done, RIM.
    Don't cry being caught the hand in the cookie jar.
    Case dismissed. (thread closed ?)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-12 at 05:30 AM.
    01-31-12 02:21 AM
    Got the same email as well. However order status still shows received and the money still shows blocked in my bank account. Can't order another until this money is released. This stinks!!!!
    01-31-12 06:14 AM
    And how do they know who is or is not an IBM employee?
    They checked our names with IBM. That's why it took so long to process our orders.
    01-31-12 06:35 AM
    What a time for SBB to start using email, to send me the "no, uh-uh" email. Damn, now what to do. Maybe a 32gb is in my future instead of another 64. Or, find an IBM business card.
    balding1 likes this.
    01-31-12 06:42 AM
    Just got off the phone to cancel, why keep a temp hold for full amount on credit card till 02/04.
    Was worth a try, wife was a little pissed and confused why I needed a 3rd. PB. lol
    Can't see them ever going up in price anyway.
    I would never give them more than 299 for the 64GB model ever again would just wait it out if I ever needed another
    Last edited by balding1; 01-31-12 at 06:55 AM.
    01-31-12 06:49 AM
    I've now received the same email - however, my order status is still 'in fulfillment'. Will probably get the cancel as everybody else did... bummer.

My CC was never charged, though - not even a pending charge. It's like they knew all along.....
    01-31-12 06:55 AM
    If I see no change tomorrow I will call as well to see what's up.
    I actually do some contract work for IBM.. So I'm going to reach out and see what happens... But I assume there will be a rush of people running out to get PB locally now...

----------------------------
    Dear ****,

Thank you for your order SBBCA******** however, you have used a promotion code which was not the intended purpose of the promotion and violated the terms of the promotion. The promotion code "IBM" was only valid for IBM employees. We would like to offer you one of the following two options:

1) Place a new order online taking advantage of new promotional rates. No action is necessary in order to cancel your current order, it will be cancelled automatically.
    2) Call customer service and reorder the playbook at the new promotional price. If you wish to do this please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 to let them know you would like to take advantage of the current promotion.

Please contact our call center at 1-866-957-0761 if you have any questions. If you do not reorder online or contact the call center by the end of the day on 2/4 we will assume you wish to cancel your order.

Regards,
    ShopBlackberry Customer Service
    01-31-12 07:01 AM
    WTF

I just got off the phone to find out why it takes 5 days to get an email saying my order was cancelled when I could have taken advantage of other pricing options. The people on the phone apparently can't see the reason why the order was cancelled.

The woman I spoke with told me if I wanted to wire the money or send a check for the amount on my order confirmation page, they would accept that. They can't use a credit card because blah blah blah. My head hurt from the conversation and lack of logic, so I am going to try and overnight a check to them. Using a credit card would put the price at the now current pricing.
    01-31-12 07:40 AM
    Same email as you all. No playbook for johnny!!!! Not upset at all as you can't lose something you didn't have, or deserve, in the first place but definitely lost momentum. The hold is off at the bank so it's like the last 5 days never happened. I'll kick it around today and decide if I want to spend $249 since $239.20 wasn't enough to generate a sale
    Shopblackberry may have spent more in labor dollars to make sure 20 people (joke) didn't get this discount but I digress and will make arrangements for an additional $19.80 and go with the 32gb.
    I just feel like doing this all over again......Maybe I'll get it on groundhogs day...wait a minute
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-31-12 at 08:26 AM.
    01-31-12 08:04 AM
    what is the difference between a credit card being pre-charged and a full on charge? Is a pre-charge binding?

A pre-authorization means the merchant may not have submitted the final amount for the merchandize and that the price can change.

In any event, if your order receipt says $xx and they turn around and bill you $xxx all you have to do is file a dispute with your financial institution showing proof of purchase and your order details.
    01-31-12 08:12 AM
    Good morning all, I awoke to my order being cancelled as the "promo" was not used as intended. Oh well, worth a try, I guess I will just change the order to another 32 gb and save my $50 for accessories. I was fun while we thought it lasted.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-12 08:23 AM
    Good morning all, I awoke to my order being cancelled as the "promo" was not used as intended. Oh well, worth a try, I guess I will just change the order to another 32 gb and save my $50 for accessories. I was fun while we thought it lasted.
    Fair play is nice to read.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-31-12 08:27 AM
    I called and just wanted to simply reorder at the current price, and that woman on the phone said I cannot use my credit card anymore???? WTF??
    I just wanted to reorder under the current price, that's all. So I just said thank you and hung up. I just went and reordered online. Let's see what happens.
    WTH is wrong with people???
    I din't want to order with them anymore, but for me it is either that or $699 everywhere else where I live. Nobody else has them for that price.
    01-31-12 08:56 AM
    I also got the same message this morning from SSB... promotion only intended for IBM employees. I decided to not order anything (as I already have a 16gb) and move on to the next generation (engage!).
    01-31-12 08:57 AM
    I called and just wanted to simply reorder at the current price, and that woman on the phone said I cannot use my credit card anymore???? WTF??
    I just wanted to reorder under the current price, that's all. So I just said thank you and hung up. I just went and reordered online. Let's see what happens.
    WTH is wrong with people???
    I din't want to order with them anymore, but for me it is either that or $699 everywhere else where I live. Nobody else has them for that price.
    that's what happened to me. They said it has to do with the order problem, you can't use a card for that order. That is why I have to send a check or money order, or wire the money to them to get the discounted price. They are allowing that because of the bad communication, etc. Or at least that's what they told me.
    01-31-12 09:16 AM
    Well so they gonna cancel my new order as well?
    01-31-12 09:19 AM
    Well so they gonna cancel my new order as well?
    I don't believe so. They told me "I will be happy to try with another card" and I thought cool, why didn't you say that until they told me the price would be $299 for the 64gb!

You should be fine
    01-31-12 09:23 AM
    I don't believe so. They told me "I will be happy to try with another card" and I thought cool, why didn't you say that until they told me the price would be $299 for the 64gb!

You should be fine
    I used the same card for the new order.
    01-31-12 09:25 AM
    I used the same card for the new order.
    I think it has to do with the order number itself.
    01-31-12 09:35 AM
    Well BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot in my area have the 64GB listed for $699. SBB is the only ones for $299. So I swallowed the vomit and reordered with them. Under normal circumstances I would have never done that. What gets me was, why did that woman not just take a new order while I was on the phone? Do they simply not WANT to sell anything???
    I wonder what RIM would say about that. I am not surprised anymore that the PB was a flop...all this is very questionable...I feel humiliated
    01-31-12 09:45 AM
    Well BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot in my area have the 64GB listed for $699. SBB is the only ones for $299. So I swallowed the vomit and reordered with them. Under normal circumstances I would have never done that. What gets me was, why did that woman not just take a new order while I was on the phone? Do they simply not WANT to sell anything???
    I wonder what RIM would say about that. I am not surprised anymore that the PB was a flop...all this is very questionable...I feel humiliated
    humiliated?? seriously? you tried and failed to take advantage of a promo not intended of you, got busted (like a lot of us) then got a crappy cs agent... which pretty much sums up 95% of all cs agents. you appear to be overthinking it if this is humiliating you.
    01-31-12 10:06 AM
    humiliated?? seriously? you tried and failed to take advantage of a promo not intended of you, got busted (like a lot of us) then got a crappy cs agent... which pretty much sums up 95% of all cs agents. you appear to be overthinking it if this is humiliating you.
    I meant the part with not taking another order while I was still on the phone and telling me my card is no good. Additionally the fact to hold the money ever since last week Thursday, and STILL do even though they cancelled. And I don't get the part why I have to call back to confirm the cancellation. What's the point??? And also for the fact that THEY cancelled my order and I don't confirm that by calling right away STILL want to hold my money until February 4th. WHY???
    That is the part that is humiliating! Not that I didn't get the promo. The practices there are highly questionable, and I have never ever been treated that way. There was a thread a while back that was 27 pages long consisting nothing of nothing but complaints about them. They all got humiliated as well.
    I didn't expect for the promo code to work, and as you said just gave it a shot. But it what came after is just plain wrong!

The part with still blocking my money is what gets me most. You cancelled! Release my money already!
    p90xdiva likes this.
    01-31-12 10:16 AM
    I too am a little bummed out by this but I kind of expected it when I saw what the code was. A couple other options, other than SBB;

CDW.com has the 16/32/64GB for $199/249/299 if anyone is looking for a better deal. Apparently the 16GB at $199 promo is only for 2weeks beginning today.

Insight still has the $299 for each model going
    Insight.com
    01-31-12 10:31 AM
216 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD