If you go to craigslist and look for playbook people are selling their playbook for cheap and sometimes you can get it half the retail price.things likes this are not good it usually means failure.hmm RIM you need to stepup come on!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I understand the concern, but most electronic items lose their value in the secondary market, be it a tablet or a gaming device etc after a few months of its release, but I think I had mentioned this before, that I had never bought a device or a gadget that lost so much value so fast.

I think the point now is to suck it up & if you already have one and hope that someday somewhere you will get to see some of the things RIM have talked about or shown demos of.
    Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me and therefore unlikely I am going to buy any product as soon as it launched from RIM in the future.

RIM is not a company that will come out and say that they overpriced the tablet, which hurt the people who bought it first the most (i.e. the RIM enthusiast/loyalist and early adopter) and will never send you a rebate check no matter how much you complain.
    08-12-11 04:21 PM
    RIM is not a company that will come out and say that they overpriced the tablet, which hurt the people who bought it first the most (i.e. the RIM enthusiast/loyalist and early adopter) and will never send you a rebate check no matter how much you complain.

Lol what company would actually do that? I cant think of any, at the very least they turn-around and say you need to paymore because they didn't charge you enough at lol
    08-12-11 06:01 PM
    The only "bad" thing here is this thread. I always roll my eyes at my stupidity in reading this kind of stuff... Aaaah, it made for an interesting toilet read suppose... On to the next thread...

Or - quick question for ya'll.... What does everyone think of this "stellar" (ya right!) Launch of the 9900? Are RIM employees drunk? Maybe the ceo's are drunk? Cause they sure don't know how to release phones with style... It seems like a big cluster pooh of confusion... Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What irks me about the 9900 is that I won't be able to get it! I'm on Verizon. They might get it when Rim decides to put it on their clearance racks.
    08-12-11 08:39 PM
    What are you talking about... The vz 9930 is available soon...
    08-12-11 08:40 PM
    lol have you searched for used MaxiPADs?
    can you buy ipad 2 for cheap as the playbook on CL i dont think so.
    08-12-11 09:15 PM
    If you go to craigslist and look for playbook people are selling their playbook for cheap and sometimes you can get it half the retail price.things likes this are not good it usually means failure.hmm RIM you need to stepup comeon!
    Could you have called it "this is interesting" instead of making such a shallow judgement? I just searched for ipad 2 on ebay and found 1600 PAGES of listings. Maybe some people decided they needed the money more and couldn't justify the purchase - or couldn't talk their spouse into it being a wise expenditure of money.. so many other reasons to sell than the one you concluded.
    08-12-11 09:21 PM
    Could you have called it "this is interesting" instead of making such a shallow judgement? I just searched for ipad 2 on ebay and found 1600 PAGES of listings. Maybe some people decided they needed the money more and couldn't justify the purchase - or couldn't talk their spouse into it being a wise expenditure of money.. so many other reasons to sell than the one you concluded.
    people on CL are selling it really cheap in my area compare to other tablets.
    08-12-11 09:26 PM
    Side comment only: Re-selling a second electronic device in a cheaper price is not really bad... that's how actually it should works... new units not being sold in the way there were projected, is actually bad...
    08-13-11 01:53 AM
    I wouldn't buy anything off Craigslist nor Kijiji, people don't take it seriously and do scams on it too often. There's a 64GB PB here where I live for $350 and that's just a case of "too good to be true", there's only one PB listed and lots of iPads listed.

There's only ONE PB listed, tons of iPads, only one Galaxy tab, no other tablets listed, not even the Asus Transformer which I'm interested in one day.

A couple months ago someone answered a CL list for hockey tickets in Vancouver and to meet at a movie theater and the CL poster held him at knife point and took the money and ran.
    Last edited by sookster54; 08-13-11 at 07:53 AM.
    08-13-11 07:50 AM
    Here in New York, I don't see any flood of inexpensive Playbooks. People talk about getting one for cheap but I don't see the opportunity myself.
    08-13-11 08:00 AM
    is actually more expensive than ipad2.
    08-13-11 08:13 AM
    Lol what company would actually do that? I cant think of any, at the very least they turn-around and say you need to paymore because they didn't charge you enough at lol
    LOL..see below

Apples offers refund:
    Apple refunding recent iPad customers $100 - Macgasm

Nintendo apologizes:
    Nintendo apologizes to early adopters for 3DS price cut | The Digital Home - CNET News

Market has discounted the price of playbook more than the age old ipad. That does not necessarily mean one is better or worse, but there is no point in ignoring that, and realize why that is the case.
    The playbook might be the best "est" of tablet to "You" based on your needs, but "generally" other people have other needs and expectations from the playbook which were not met hence the OP is seeing the steep price drop as mentioned.
    08-13-11 12:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD